Most Overrated Food Places

How did Panera slip my mind. I actually begrudgingly ate there today. I ordered the one thing there that is OK... except for they didn't microwave it long enough and a handful of the pieces of tortellini were uncooked and stuck together... Paid 9 dollars for a small "bowl" of undercooked pasta. AWFUL.

Their pastries are fine, their food sucks and is ridiculously overpriced.

Scary part is Dunkin' Donuts coffee tastes worse outside of Massachusetts.

It has been so long since I had In-n-Out, I forgot what it tastes like.

White Castle is overrated and terrible. I had that once..just once.

Zaxbys opened up right around the corner from me and I am pretty underwhlemed. Their wings are pretty bad.

That's funny. I have been to Zaxby's maybe 20 times and never even realized they had wings.

The best part about them opening In-N-Outs here is not having to listen to people from California talk about how good it is.

Almost every burger or sandwich joint on the semi-national level. (Subway, In N Out, Five Guys all come to mind)

For any Utahns or surrounding areas, Cafe Rio.

This is a tough one, but I have to add it....all of the hyped "Chicago style" pizza joints. Genos East, Giordano's, and Lou Malnatis, So...so overrated.
It's not even pizza people. It's a f'ing casserole! They are each good, but nowhere near the hype they get.

I should probably hire a bodyguard for my walk to the cleaners now.

I don't mind Panera if I'm looking to get a salad. But other than that, it's not a favorite.

Almost every burger or sandwich joint on the semi-national level. (Subway, In N Out, Five Guys all come to mind)

For any Utahns or surrounding areas, Cafe Rio.

We have Cafe Rio now in AZ. My wife loves it and I find it completely bland.

This is a tough one, but I have to add it....all of the hyped "Chicago style" pizza joints. Genos East, Giordano's, and Lou Malnatis, So...so overrated.
It's not even pizza people. It's a f'ing casserole! They are each good, but nowhere near the hype they get.

I should probably hire a bodyguard for my walk to the cleaners now.

They are opening a Lou Malnatis in Arizona in 2016 and everyone is flipping out like Jesus himself is coming to make us a deep dish pie.

Panda Express, Outback, Friday's, Chili's, The Cheesecake Factory, Panera and Chick-Fil-A

That's funny. I have been to Zaxby's maybe 20 times and never even realized they had wings.
That makes it even funnier for me because I was told that is what they are know for!

Panda Express, Outback, Friday's, Chili's, The Cheesecake Factory, Panera and Chick-Fil-A

This is a good one that I didn't even think of. People LOVE that place, and I don't get it.

We have Cafe Rio now in AZ. My wife loves it and I find it completely bland.

It is terrible and people here thought/still think it was/is the best thing ever invented.

Costa Vida is better but even they are starting their decline.

They are opening a Lou Malnatis in Arizona in 2016 and everyone is flipping out like Jesus himself is coming to make us a deep dish pie.

They are my favorite of the three, but I still get the thinner crust, not the casserole. You should still try it. Lou's crust is buttery goodness.

That makes it even funnier for me because I was told that is what they are know for!
My understanding is that they are just generally known for chicken. I always get the nibblers (basically small sandwiches) which are good. Crinkle cut fries are solid as well.

Starbucks. Burned, bitter, overpriced, over hyped, and worshiped like some false deity.

Was just coming to post this. Complete sham.

Worst coffee ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One I haven't seen mentioned is SmashBurger, the burgers are terrible and the fries aren't much better.

Oh and PF Changs.

It's like a heart attack on a plate and it doesn't even taste that good. I love oriental good and was so hyped to eat at one have since been about four times with terrible results .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jersey Mike's. I hear raves about that place but it was nothing to call home about to me.

Im pretty sure Haysoos is a very common name in AZ actually. And most likely will be making plenty of pizzas (and yes this is a joke and not racially motivated).

This is a good one that I didn't even think of. People LOVE that place, and I don't get it.

It is a good one. Effin terrible. Im already buying your gawd awful food, why are you making me view ads in your menu too.

Im pretty sure Haysoos is a very common name in AZ actually. And most likely will be making plenty of pizzas (and yes this is a joke and not racially motivated).

Buddy_christ.jpg

This is a fun thread! Makes me think everyplace in America is actually overrated! Kinda like Sex Panther cologne....60% of the time they are good every time.

For me I have a couple of higher end places that I think are over rated: Ruth's Chris and Bonefish Grill.
Funny you mention Ruth's Chris as i've been there a couple times usually special occasions and always left underwhelmed...

Good call on Cheesecake Factory. That place is terrible!

What's wrong with a 3000 calorie shrimp pasta coupled with a 2000 calorie dessert from the freezer?

Back