Anyone else find that the M2 Driver didn't live up to hype?

Straightest driver for me this year, along with the King LTD. I find it to be very forgiving- it has an moi of about 4600, which is high. I feel like I haven't lost a ball of the tee in a lot of rounds. One of my favorite drivers of all time already. The same driver won't work for everybody though. It's a fantastic driver.

Was one driver I could not hit to save my life. Poor distances and big ol hooks all day .

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I may be in the minority here in regard to the M2, but I feel that I more than lived up to the hype.

I think when announced many people immediately dismissed it and laughed at it. Then, when it hit shelves many bought it and were crushing it. Far surprising what many of the general consumer base thought it would do.

Then you see Pros gaming it, and winning with it over the M1.

I couldn't hit this one to save my life, but i think it surprised what many thought it would be when first announced.

I may be in the minority here in regard to the M2, but I feel that I more than lived up to the hype.

I think when announced many people immediately dismissed it and laughed at it. Then, when it hit shelves many bought it and were crushing it. Far surprising what many of the general consumer base thought it would do.

Then you see Pros gaming it, and winning with it over the M1.

I couldn't hit this one to save my life, but i think it surprised what many thought it would be when first announced.
It was pretty popular at Club Clash from what I recall.

I just have one question, if you hit your driver well.....why did you switch?

And sure, I have an Adams Idea Super LS 3 hybrid with a stiff shaft. I love looking at it, and I love that it's not offset, but I still can't hit a hybrid to save my life.

I used an M2 set when I was playing in Ireland, we were on our honeymoon and the wife was cool with me playing. Since it wasn't a golf trip I didn't feel like dealing with my golf clubs for 10 days, so I rented some. It had a regular shaft so I was spraying it, but I hit the absolute crap out of it, so I was pretty impressed myself.

morale of the story? go get fit when dropping coin on drivers. Yes you are spending for the fitting and buying the club (and shaft) at retail. but think of the cost of cycling through the wrong driver(s) and the cost of the rounds you have played while muttering to yourself this club isn't working for me....

I honestly can't remember seeing one on the course this year and that includes my playing partners and just other people on the course. I saw a ton of Callaway drivers, some Ping, older Titleists but no M! or M2.

Its no SLDR-C but the M2 is good driver from my testing with it.

Just the wrong driver for me I guess. The head is lighter than the 925d2 and I think my swing benefits from a heavier head. Just disappointed in myself for blowing the money really lol.

This is why I hesitate to buy a new driver. I don't have much access to testing. I have been considering the fusion, but there's like twenty shaft options to choose from, and I don't have a clue which one would suit me.

I did rent an M2 3 Wood, and an XR16 driver, both in stiff flex and am currently demoing. The 3 wood I can't hit and the XR16 in Project x 6.0 shaft is better than my current driver by about twenty yards.

A little more feedback. Had the opportunity to test an M2 12* on the course. It was set to +2* and had the Fuji Pro 70 R 3w shaft in it as I prefer a 43.5" driver.

I game a G 10.5 set to 11.5 with a Red Tie S 3w shaft. Plays at 43.5"

The M2 flight was very high and even more noticeable was the draw bias it had. Lots of right to left movement. I'm sure it being set to +2 turned the face closed a little causing more draw than it should have had.

Sound was much more muted than my Ping. A playing partner tried it and commented how light it felt.

It showed me enough to try out a 10.5 head of perhaps a 12* again but this time set to neutral or -1*.

It wasn't a game changer for me but I must admit I wasn't in mid-season form when I owned it. I wouldn't mind giving it another run but the 917 D3 is just so good.

I have spoken to a couple of people that own this driver, and they have indicated it is one of the most shaft dependant drivers they have owned. Get the right match and it's a beast, get the wrong match and you might has well hit an iron off the tee.
I hit it a few times at a local shop and the numbers were no better then my GBB, so never considered changing it.

I thought the same thing about the M1. There were a few shafts I tried and the club didn't work at all for me. With the right shaft though it has been my favorite driver.

I just have one question, if you hit your driver well.....why did you switch?

And sure, I have an Adams Idea Super LS 3 hybrid with a stiff shaft. I love looking at it, and I love that it's not offset, but I still can't hit a hybrid to save my life.

I used an M2 set when I was playing in Ireland, we were on our honeymoon and the wife was cool with me playing. Since it wasn't a golf trip I didn't feel like dealing with my golf clubs for 10 days, so I rented some. It had a regular shaft so I was spraying it, but I hit the absolute crap out of it, so I was pretty impressed myself.

I like to tinker (like most folks on here...). Always looking for a few more yards. So yeah, it was one of my dumber moves. But I still had the 915.

I actually ended up trading in the M2 and the 915 D2 for a M1. (super nice of PGA Superstore to allow me to trade in two similarly priced drivers in great shape for a used M1...can you read the sarcasm? LOL)

To the other poster's question, I am somewhat of a low spin guy off the tee. So I threw the M1 rear slide-weight almost all the way back and it worked like a champ. Also I can "feel" the M1 head a lot better than the M2 head. Maybe it's mental. I don't know. But I'm back to hitting fairways and also a little more length than the 915 D2. And I'm still not finished tinkering. Just took it to the course a few times this past week. So we'll see how much longer than the 915 it ends up being.

Again, just personally shocked how bad the M2 Driver was for me, even with changing shafts and everything. My M2 fairway wood is money. Easily the most forgiving premium wood I have ever hit. Not as long as the Exotics long, but long enough for a 5 wood with plenty of forgiveness. Hence, I was expecting more of the same with the M2 driver. Not to be, unfortunately. I bought it off of E-bay so maybe something was defective with the head, but regardless, the M2 Driver didn't work for me.

Moral of the story: Don't buy unless you've tried!

I went and hit a demo for about 2 hrs last month and I have to say it actually felt really great. It seemed really easy to hit and easy to work and the ball just seemed to go forever. Easily 10+ longer than my Ping G LS. I went ahead and ordered it and I have to say the one I bought hit's and feels nothing like the demo I hit. Seems very tempermental and the sweet spot seems smaller. Same shaft, same setup. I would say take it somewhere that has a few m2 demos and see if they are comparable.

Not an M2 fan either, tried a on of drivers and the M2 when caught flew, but it was all over the shop, ended up with a 915 D2 as it was on discount due to the imminent arrival of the 917 Series. Straightest driver I've ever owned.

It performed WELL below my expectations. I hit at least 25 balls at the range with a 10.5 set at s and the pro 50 shaft. I had my trusty 2014 Big Bertha on hand as a comparison. It was clear that my Bertha was significantly longer and had better dispersion. I am normally a Taylor Made guy. My R 11 S Backup driver beats the M2 and the dreaded SLDR Performed better for me as well.

This was the first time I had such a negative experience with a T.M. driver . I returned the driver to the pro shop and did not even bother to tweak the settings.
Perhaps my opinion is incomplete since I had no interest in trying tweaks.

I also hit the great big bertha and was very impressed with how it performed. So much so that one arrived Wednesday.

Anyone else find that the M2 Driver didn't live up to hype?

My experience it was shaft specific at least in my instance. I first got one with a Mitsubishi shaft and I had fantastic results. After stupidly selling it I picked up another one with a different shaft and had nothing but trouble. I know it's probably an anomaly but it is definitely a balls to the wall head and was a fantastic addition TaylorMade introduced. I look forward to seeing the 2017 model and what it's capable of.

My experience it was shaft specific at least in my instance. I first got one with a Mitsubishi shaft and I had fantastic results. After stupidly selling it I picked up another one with a different shaft and had nothing but trouble. I know it's probably an anomaly but it is definitely a balls to the wall head and was a fantastic addition TaylorMade introduced. I look forward to seeing the 2017 model and what it's capable of.

Similar to my experience. On the sim, it was great but when I got it out to the range/course, I didn't like the Fujikura shaft. After some experimentation, I found an Orochi Black Eye out of an old Mizzie driver was the ticket.

Love my M2, but that's definitely because it was custom fit by the master Danny Le during the THP/UST Shaftacular. Moral of the story is save money, time, and frustration and get fit. Otherwise you're just guessing and you'll get a dud just as often as you get lucky and find a bomber. I've learned this lesson way too much over the years.

I was custom fit into my M2 and haven't looked back since. Will it survive the new releases this winter? Only time will tell lol.

The guys that im around say the bomb the hell out of it but have a hard time keeping it where they want to go. They say they wish they would of kept their 915's to keep it in the fairway and lose 10 yards than be 10 yards farther in the rough

There is a driver out there for every person and not one is the best for all

So following up with this thread...did anyone who had success with the aero burner have trouble going to the M2? I currently play an AB head but wanting to trade out the head for a M2....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play an AB 3 wood and love it more than anything. I play an M2 driver. I demod the AB and M2 drivers and had better results with the M2. Mine is cut down to 44.5 though. I hit 11 of 14 fairways last weekend. A personal best.

I play an AB 3 wood and love it more than anything. I play an M2 driver. I demod the AB and M2 drivers and had better results with the M2. Mine is cut down to 44.5 though. I hit 11 of 14 fairways last weekend. A personal best.

Hmmm thanks for the feedback. Didn't see a lot of positive reviews so glad to hear you like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back