The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol you and me both, James.

Some people just have to b*tch about something for the sake of having something to b*tch about I suppose.

Some people just have to b*tch about something for the sake of having something to b*tch about I suppose.

I hate your face.

That's a lie.

It's difficult to do anything else while watching Jeopardy!

Some big winds came thru all day and did a number on the roof shingles. Was hoping to get into next year before a new roof happened. Oh well. Hopefully, I'll get some help from insurance.

Some big winds came thru all day and did a number on the roof shingles. Was hoping to get into next year before a new roof happened. Oh well. Hopefully, I'll get some help from insurance.

I call that a team effort.

Who the heck steals flag sticks?
94d1787784c62f6e2c554a30c123be89.jpg

cfeb7f1b28b140c6ca5c60eac6ed6c20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it looks like the ghosts broke into the golf shop last night. Stole 2 old left handed clubs and about $8 in change. I love the layout of the course but it really is in the ghetto. The whole Michael Brown thing happened a couple of miles from here.

a694783892ebaeb306494ea492d24db2.jpg

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Up...he-publicly-complains-about-pay.-Is-this-fair

I had heard people complain about this girl getting fired, but I didn't read the story until now. After reading the story, it is absolutely ridiculous that anyone would think she got anything but exactly what she deserved. You can't attempt to publicly humiliate your employer for paying a wage YOU agreed to, then expect to keep your job. Posting her paypal for handouts proves exactly what kind of person we are dealing with.

Way to make us millennials look exactly how everyone thinks we are.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Up...he-publicly-complains-about-pay.-Is-this-fair

I had heard people complain about this girl getting fired, but I didn't read the story until now. After reading the story, it is absolutely ridiculous that anyone would think she got anything but exactly what she deserved. You can't attempt to publicly humiliate your employer for paying a wage YOU agreed to, then expect to keep your job. Posting her paypal for handouts proves exactly what kind of person we are dealing with.

I am all for fair wages for the area you live, meaning I do think people in California should get paid more than say someone in Montana, but like you said she agreed to the wage when she took the job. Work hard, move up in the company and therefore make more money. Asking for handouts for doing nothing, and publicly blasting your employer is not the way to do it. Good luck to her finding another job.

I can't take anyone serious when they are "trying to make a point" and then publish all those avenues for people to give her money.

Putz

found out last night that one of my wife's best friends from childhood, someone she had barely spoken to in the last 5+ years because they've grown apart, is getting married in Antigua and my wife said we are going. we have a huge trip already planned this year, and I was really hoping to put my name in for a thp event. but this has all but ruined that possibility.

more than anything I'm just disappointed.

found out last night that one of my wife's best friends from childhood, someone she had barely spoken to in the last 5+ years because they've grown apart, is getting married in Antigua and my wife said we are going. we have a huge trip already planned this year, and I was really hoping to put my name in for a thp event. but this has all but ruined that possibility.

more than anything I'm just disappointed.

Tell her you already have plans =)

My best friend lives in that area and their kids are the same age as this letter writer and experiencing these same challenges, which are real (they let a daughter's friend live with them because the cheapest housing - like a single room with no kitchen but called an apartment is ridiculously expensive; young people don't make enough to afford housing).

However, the answer seems pretty obvious - if this isn't a living wage then don't take the job. The employer will pay as little or as much as the market demands. And writing an open letter is pure insanity. All that does is prove to all future employers that your judgment is so suspect that they should never hire you. #stupid

I am all for fair wages for the area you live, meaning I do think people in California should get paid more than say someone in Montana, but like you said she agreed to the wage when she took the job. Work hard, move up in the company and therefore make more money. Asking for handouts for doing nothing, and publicly blasting your employer is not the way to do it. Good luck to her finding another job.

I do agree that people in California need to be payed more, especially the bay area. And I understand how much it sucks having your cheapest option for an apartment being $1200. But if I desired to live in the bay area, despite only being qualified for an entry level job, I would certainly expect to live with roommates, not have an apartment on my own. But I certianly don't blame her one bit for wanting higher pay. But to publicaly callout the CEO of a company and expect him to continue to employ you is hilarious.

It is also a sneakpeak into Bernie's world tax wise.

My best friend lives in that area and their kids are the same age as this letter writer and experiencing these same challenges, which are real (they let a daughter's friend live with them because the cheapest housing - like a single room with no kitchen but called an apartment is ridiculously expensive; young people don't make enough to afford housing).

However, the answer seems pretty obvious - if this isn't a living wage then don't take the job. The employer will pay as little or as much as the market demands. And writing an open letter is pure insanity. All that does is prove to all future employers that your judgment is so suspect that they should never hire you. #stupid

I have no doubt she didn't make enough to support herself alone. I would love to live in the bay area, but I know I never would because cost of living is too high. Sounds like the same might be true for her.

The Official Rant of the Day

I have no doubt she didn't make enough to support herself alone. I would love to live in the bay area, but I know I never would because cost of living is too high. Sounds like the same might be true for her.
We are on the same page - entry level jobs pay entry level wages; writing an open letter and begging for more money from others is beyond stupid. I get the impression today's youth don't understand that the rest of us went through some version of this too. It's called getting started in an unfair world.

Last edited:
Car just broke down. Grand.

What's going on with it?

Stalled out at light. Anytime I push the gas it stalls. Finally got it running and off the road using a trick my dad taught me but it started smoking under the hood. I think it's a belt cuz I heard a screeching noise about 30 minutes before this but didn't think anything of it.

Oh and I'm over an hour from home. On a Sunday.

I found out last night, a really good deputy I used to work with dropped dead of a heart attack at 50. He was a really good dude, and helped me out in numerous situations. He taught me that I'm no cowboy, and gave me one of my favorite stories from my time in law enforcement in the process. He had two young daughters, and a small town full of people who loved him. Such an awful thing.

I found out last night, a really good deputy I used to work with dropped dead of a heart attack at 50. He was a really good dude, and helped me out in numerous situations. He taught me that I'm no cowboy, and gave me one of my favorite stories from my time in law enforcement in the process. He had two young daughters, and a small town full of people who loved him. Such an awful thing.
Wow that is terrible. Much too young to go like that.

Not on par with the rest of the rants in here, but I cannot stop sneezing today! My head cold seems to have it out for me today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back