JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The color of the crown on the woods is so unique. Gives a great look to the club. I will be interested to hear more once the review kicks off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is probably the most unique looking face of a fairway wood I have ever seen.

I love the look of that XXIO forged iron in there too.

Outside of a few swings at a demo day and a round I played w/ ddec, I don't have a ton of experience w/ the XXIO stuff. But the driver was stupid easy to hit, and I know JB raves about last year's prime. Be fun to take some swings w/ these at the demo day in the fall.

Another very solid looking line. Will be interested to learn more about these.

I'll be curious to see if they firm up the stock shafts this time around. My local shop doesn't carry the SR (stiff Reg), only the R which felt very soft to me and I'm not a fast swinger. Low 90's with driver.

I'll be curious to see if they firm up the stock shafts this time around. My local shop doesn't carry the SR (stiff Reg), only the R which felt very soft to me and I'm not a fast swinger. Low 90's with driver.

What is interesting about the previous model is that when a bunch of thp'ers tried it, everyone from moderate ss to fast ss commented on how soft and whippy it felt, yet everyone bombed it high and straight.

Seeing how well the last gen driver worked, in really interested in the fairway wood

What is interesting about the previous model is that when a bunch of thp'ers tried it, everyone from moderate ss to fast ss commented on how soft and whippy it felt, yet everyone bombed it high and straight.

Seeing how well the last gen driver worked, in really interested in the fairway wood

I can't comment on the outing as I wasn't there. But in my testing dispersion definitely suffered. Most hook too soft of a shaft but for me I tend to leave shafts weak in the tip open and begin fading/slicing and this happened to me with the Prime R flex. That's why I wanted to try the SR but they didn't have it.

• Admin

Yeah it was pretty eye opening and a lot of fun. We have some plans for the entire line of the metal woods that we have at HQ here that I think THPers will really enjoy.

Those look premium and forgiving. It's not an easy thing to pull off.

not a huge fan of the looks, but I'd like to try them for sure

They look nice that's for sure. I don't think I've ever seen a xxio club in person but they photograph well.

I like the looks of the irons but the price just keeps me of the market for these.

Woods and driver look sharp as expected

Like the looks of the woods

Interesting to see the driver only in 10.5 and 11.5.

I guess high launch is here to stay!! I like the looks of the whole line!!

Interesting to see the driver only in 10.5 and 11.5.

The local fitting place that sells these told me last year "those are for Ladies and slow swinging seniors".

Their words not mine. But I think XXIO has a market in mind for these and probably explains why the higher lofts are only offered and a weak to flex shaft.

That's a great looking hybrid.

Nice. I was able to hit Prime Driver last year. It was perfect in doing what it was built to do, get the ball way up in the air and fast. I wasn't able to demo it in the right shaft, so it didn't fit me that well, but it was fun to try since not many people are able to find them and demo them. Probably the highest launching driver head I have ever hit. Would love to try this new one but with the right shaft flex.

These look really good, and the face pattern on the hybrid as previously mentioned looks pretty crazy. I wonder if there's anything to that, or if they just wanted something that would stand out?

The Prime irons are already up on Global Rakuten market.

Interesting that they decided to hide the titanium in the bottom of the club when everyone else is trying to show it.

The Prime Forged irons look to have the Srixon v-sole. That makes sense since they're all part of the Dunlop family.

These look really good, and the face pattern on the hybrid as previously mentioned looks pretty crazy. I wonder if there's anything to that, or if they just wanted something that would stand out?

Its a rocket launcher too.

Its a rocket launcher too.

Might need to commandeer it for a swing or two if it's still in your bag next time we play.

Yeah it was pretty eye opening and a lot of fun. We have some plans for the entire line of the metal woods that we have at HQ here that I think THPers will really enjoy.

Gulp! This really gets my attention.

Back