2016 Black Friday

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Another year, the same questions. Who is braving it? What are you looking to snag? Any deals found yet?

0 chance I try.
Might try to snag a camera for the mrs on cyber monday (or sooner) but not gonna go out with the masses Thurs/Fri

I have never really gotten into it, and I dont see this streak of not participating ending this year. I feel like the deals just dont warrant the time spent. I do get that some families have a tradition of doing it and it becomes more of festive experience, I never got into the "spirit" of Christmas by buying TVs I guess.

• Admin
0 chance I try.
Might try to snag a camera for the mrs on cyber monday (or sooner) but not gonna go out with the masses Thurs/Fri

Did she decide on what she was looking for?
Mirrorless or DSLR?

Mirrorless or DSLR?

It was pretty much "anything that is not my cell phone"

We havent really spent any time looking locally or online yet has just been a general ponder of hers

My black Friday will be spent on the course far far from shopping center and it's crowds.

• Admin
It was pretty much "anything that is not my cell phone"

We havent really spent any time looking locally or online yet has just been a general ponder of hers

Ill reach out to you soon in regards to what to look for. She will not like the big DSLR professional side of it.

Another year, the same questions. Who is braving it? What are you looking to snag? Any deals found yet?

Not a snowball's chance in hell. Black Friday crowds make me think bad, violent thoughts.

Christmas Lights at Lowes - that is always my extent of the Black Friday shopping I do and I usually don't do that until later in the day when I realize what doesn't work from last year.

Mirrorless or DSLR?

My wife and I are also looking for a DSLR. Any ideas for a beginner? Wanted a nice camera for our trip to NZ and she wanted to get into a little photography.

My wife and I are also looking for a DSLR. Any ideas for a beginner? Wanted a nice camera for our trip to NZ and she wanted to get into a little photography.

Check out the photography thread I would say. Lots of good info in there.

Usually I prefer Cyber Monday over Black Friday. There isn't anything I want that bad that would be available at a crazy price by standing in line for a few hours.

This guy is a great follow leading into Friday. He's found some pretty good deals with more to come.

No.....just no!!!!!

I will do it just like I do most of my shopping, online. I have no desire to go wade through humanity to try and get a deal that I will probably be able to find a better one on with 10 minutes of research on line.

Not a chance, did it once and it was once too many.

I'll watch the fights and shootings on the news.

Never have and never will venture out into the madness.

I have friends coming in from Barbados for Thanksgiving, their 1st and we plan to give them many drinks then go to Walmart at midnight to give them the real American experience. They are looking to buy a new Fridge and do their xmas shopping then ship everything back by container.

Should be a hoot to see their faces when they experience North Lakeland Walmart folks in a frenzy (it it like the bar scene from Star Wars on a normal weekend).

Not even going out in the craziness.

Hoping Bonobos runs some deals on Golf Pants. Other than that not a ton I am looking for. Maybe a few odd and ends here and there

Nope, I will occasionally venture out later for an item or two. But it'll never be a shopping excursion for me.

I am curious if you are not going for a doorbuster why even venture out you can get almost every other deal online.

I'm going to golf instead. Maybe hit up online stuff.

Almost bought another suit from indochino because the price is awesome but I just don't wear them all that much.

NO! NO! and NO!

Back