Golf in Cabo San Lucas?

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm starting to plan a Cabo San Lucas vacation for Mrs. 5150 and I next spring and could use some intel. Anyone had a good experience down there with a particular resort and/or golf course?

Thanks!

Cabo Del Sol - ocean course & La Palmilla

I just remember that golf there was expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just remember that golf there was expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabo Del Sol is about $200, La Palmilla was under $100 iirc

I was JUST going to post this thread. I"m actually going to play http://quiviragolfclub.com/ when I'm there in September. I've heard and read incredible things about it and my soon to be wife will enjoy the ride :) Not sure if I'll play more than the one time though.

I was just there a few weeks ago and while I didn't go for golf (what?), but more to veg on the beach with the gf, I will say that the recovery from the disastrous hurricane last year is pretty impressive. Most of the critical infrastructure is rebuilt and functioning smoothly. There are gaps in cell and internet coverage with some hotels still closed or operating only at half capacity or less with many amenities being rebuilt completely. The courses I saw looked in good shape with the same type of construction projects as those at the hotels scattered among them. It was Mexico's worst disaster ever I believe, but the Mexican President has significant investments there, hence the "all in" effort to bring it back up to par. Hope you have a great time!

I was down in April and Pamilla only had 9 holes open. I played Cabo Real, it was in rough shape. The hurricane blew out the irrigation system and trashed many of the buildings. They were hoping to have it back in perfect shape this fall. Try*Club Campestre, it is a great course, I've played there 3 times. I also played the Cabo San Lucas CC. It was nice. Good track. Nice layout. Tough greens. Check with the hotel joy want to stay at and see if they have any deals through the hotel. We stayed at Villa Del Palmar (it was OK) and they had discounted rates at a few course. My travel agent also told me there is a website that offers golf packages to a few courses down there at a discounted rate. We didn't do it because i only has time for two rounds. I think the deal was for 3 or 5 rounds. Be warned that you have to take a taxi everywhere, and they only take Cash. Be sure to check the rate sheet at your hotel for taxi rides so the cabbies don't try to screw you on the rate. I think I spent about $90 for two cab rides for golf.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

I was just down there at the end of June. We stayed at the Secrets Puerto Los Cabos in San Jose Del Cabo. It is outside of Cabo San Lucas and a more tame type setting. The resort was pretty awesome and I have no complaints. The golf course right there on site is Puerto Los Cabos and was a great experience. We were there in "shoulder season" and I paid $110 for twilight rate starting at 1:30 PM. The front 9 is designed by Greg Norman and the back 9 is Jack Nickolaus design. Neat golf course with some amazing views. The cost of golf is higher during peak times but it does include range balls, food, and drink. I will post some picture from my phone in a bit. If you aren't interested in staying in Cabo and doing the party scene this was an awesome place

Puerto Los Cabos

14e4acc2bf632982747bf87193066120.jpg

This is the par 3 with a 150 foot elevation change from tee to green. They suggest a 2 club adjustment and I agree.

e7d18ce9820c6da5991904bab91b9d87.jpg

008561fb255d5075a0b230d3f02545b2.jpg

266ef9d9218f5e006b55a5b83d2e25a1.jpg

951f9c55b84c11cb02a4a3ce4df84e3d.jpg

Last edited:
2a82d16692e10b1269b0cbf00c1b4ee7.jpg

Fish tacos from one of the food stand

146c89ddab63a1e672eabf76afe9badb.jpg

Recent vacation plans have got me perusing the Cabo golf threads. Looks like my wife and I are going to Cabo in December and she has green lit me for a couple rounds. I'm thinking about playing the Questro courses (Cabo Real & Puerto Los Cabos) as they have a 2 play for $270.

This trip is overdue and I can't wait to tee it up in baja!

We are hitting Cabo next year, Quivira is the attached course, and the wife asked, "Were you planning the 3-round package or the unlimited?" Trying to think of something i would trade her for, coming up empty...

Well I am certainly getting excited! Borrowed a travel bag and am taking my clubs with me. Planning on playing Cabo Real and Club Campestre the week of December 20th. Wife and I are staying just down the street from Cabo Real at the Marquis Los Cabos. I truly can not wait!

Do you need a caddy? I don't eat much and would be glad to join you! :D

Thanks for looking out! I'll check with the wife lady and see if she wants to get radical in a dune buggy. I had thought about going fishing as I grew up fishing in baja with my dad, decided that more golf was what I really wanted. Counting down the days at this point!
Yeah the tour is awesome. Desert, mountains and the beach all within a few hours. I had thought about fishing but hurricane Linda put a stop to that. Few pics from the dune buggy trip...
a0a2eeff92c3775d93c4b85386ec29ae.jpg
02770e8f53a7d5737809b65b49f7c2e3.jpg
55418162bfe2b24bd861f72da25406ef.jpg
190b004e1565d17ee8976d81ad83aff7.jpg

i'll be headed there with the wife last week in december. thought about playing cabo del sol ocean, puerto los cabos, or palmilla. thoughts between the first two? also noted palmilla was pretty far away from cabo san lucas. anyone know how much a cab would be out that way from cabo san lucas?

Last edited:
i'll be headed there with the wife last week in december. thought about playing cabo del sol ocean, puerto los cabos, or palmilla. thoughts between the first two? also noted palmilla was pretty far away from cabo san lucas. anyone know how much a cab would be out that way from cabo san lucas?

Not sure if you will be there at the same time...

I just booked Campestre on the 21st and Cabo Real on the 22nd. Both times are early if you'd like to join me!

I can't comment on differences between the first two because I only played Puerto Los Cabos....but I would look into play Puerto Los Cabos. It was a good experience and neat course. Also it won't be around forever since the front 9 is part of a Greg Norman course and the back part of a Jack course.

Not sure if you will be there at the same time...

I just booked Campestre on the 21st and Cabo Real on the 22nd. Both times are early if you'd like to join me!

will be there dec 26-jan 1 unfortunately. would have loved to join.

will be there dec 26-jan 1 unfortunately. would have loved to join.

That would have been pretty cool. We come home on the 24th. I'll be adding some pictures to this thread when I'm there. Can not wait!!

That would have been pretty cool. We come home on the 24th. I'll be adding some pictures to this thread when I'm there. Can not wait!!

so how was it?

so how was it?

The trip to Cabo was awesome! The Marquis is an awesome resort and we loved that aspect of the trip. Our first two days were a little overcast and then it was the typical warm and perfect the rest of the trip.

The first round of golf was at Club Campestre and it was a lot of fun. When I arrived there it was overcast with nearly 30 mph of wind. I played well and had a ton of fun playing with an Irishman and his son. The course is pretty forgiving with wide fairways and not too crazy undulations on the green. The Papsallum grass is different and the rough is very grabby.

Here are a few pics of Campestre.

I played Cabo Real the next day and that was a completely different course. The front 9 plays very fair and is a typical RTJ2 resort style course with loads of bunkers near the greens. The back plays much more difficult with forced carries over arroyos and narrow fairways as you wind your way up the hill. It was in fantastic shape but took my lunch money, I just couldn't figure out the subtle undulations of the green. Still it was a blast to play.

Some shots of Cabo Real...

Back