The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the NFL rules and officials. Not that it matters much, but how does the clock continue to run on that last play?!
Said the same thing. Not like it would likely changed the outcome, but at least get them a hail Mary shot.

I don't know what I just saw. Buffalo just shot themselves in the foot over and over.

The Official 2015 NFL Thread

I think the rule says something about if forward progress is awarded, the clock continues to run. Watkins catches the ball, and as he's falling to the ground, he makes a concerted effort to get out of bounds, which he does without being touched; and the ref is going to grant forward progress and wind the clock…?

2 seconds left and you can try for the miracle.

I don't think I like watching this game as much as I used to.

It's starting to come down to whether your team gets a key call or not... not how well they play

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So the NFL has demanded the Drive-in near my house stop showing the Bills games immediately.
The Transit Drive-in creates a tailgating atmosphere for fans and all proceeds go to charity.
Can the NFL come off any more greedy?

So the NFL has demanded the Drive-in near my house stop showing the Bills games immediately.
The Transit Drive-in creates a tailgating atmosphere for fans and all proceeds go to charity.

If the NFL doesn't stop that drive in from doing it for charity, they can't stop the next drive in that is doing it to line their own profits.

How is that possible? Is it any different than a sports bar showing the game?

I've never heard of that but I'd be at our drive every Sunday if they showed football. I bet it's a great atmosphere.

I've never heard of that but I'd be at our drive every Sunday if they showed football. I bet it's a great atmosphere.
Great point, didn't even think of that. You'll even see bars advertise watch "game" here, food and drink specials...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Its pretty standard. If they are charging an entry, it is considered a breach
Most leagues recently cracked down on most "non-profits" and going off memory here, but I believe the new rules state that if the screen is larger than 60" and the space is larger than a certain square footage and holds more than X number of people, it is considered a breach.

A lot of times if a local place is broadcasting a game off an antenna they do so with the sound off, or sound on through speakers but no picture. They believe it skirts these rules.

Its pretty standard though, regardless of where the money is going.

Great point, didn't even think of that. You'll even see bars advertise watch "game" here, food and drink specials...

However you are assuming that the bars are not paying for a commercial package to be allowed to broadcast such.

However you are assuming that the bars are not paying for a commercial package to be allowed to broadcast such.
True, your prior post explained it very well, thanks. I figured it was what they were charging to get in that was the issue. So, no cover and snack bar proceeds only would be acceptable or no?

True, your prior post explained it very well, thanks. I figured it was what they were charging to get in that was the issue. So, no cover and snack bar proceeds only would be acceptable or no?

I believe that is where the fine line is. I know the cover completely negates it. The snack bar and such might make it a breach as well, however if 100% of the dollars collected go to charity, I am not sure the NFL would do much. However I am sure that is not the case as the place has overhead to cover, employees to pay, etc. So in that case, I think its still a breach.

Whether money left over at the end to say "its profitable' is there, does not mean a business is not being paid for the service, so it would be tough. Easy fix for them if they really wanted to do it, just pay the fee and collect it in entry fees. Since its the local game its not that expensive, but many times its more about the stand than the actual costs.

My gut says they could continue as planned for marginal fees, since they are only doing local games and not skip a bit if they so choose.

So my thought is why does the NFL even care? These people would be sitting home watching the same broadcast with the same commercials, etc.. So someone makes a few bucks for giving fans a fun atmosphere. How does this hurt the NFL's profit, am I missing something?

So my thought is why does the NFL even care? These people would be sitting home watching the same broadcast with the same commercials, etc.. So someone makes a few bucks for giving fans a fun atmosphere. How does this hurt the NFL's profit, am I missing something?

Because it is taking money away from the NFL. This same place could pay their fee like every other business has to, and still give the fans the fun atmosphere. I know its easy to blame the NFL here, because they are "stealing the fun", and they screw up a lot. Let me use this example.

Lets say you make a movie about your area You are working to distribute it to TV stations across the area. This local place says "we are going to play it for free, without paying you for it and give the people this great atmosphere and give some money to charity. THe local place is doing a great thing with the charity and providing the fun. But you at home, were working hard, paid for the movie to be a made and all you wanted to do was sell the rights to some TV stations so they could broadcast it free (and earn their money).

Yes the fans are the ones that suffer, but it really is an easy fix. The local place pays what the going rate is like other businesses do, brings in the same fans, charges a couple of bucks more or 50 cents more a drink and nothing changes.

Makes sense, thanks for the insight JB.

Happy to help. The sad part in all of this, is the only people that suffer here are the fans. Hopefully the local place decides to pay the fee, pass it on to the customers in a dollar here and dollar there and everybody is happy.

"His two years in Buffalo – 2002 and 2003 – Gilbride faced Belichick’s Patriots four times. Here, he further learned just how much Belichick turns football into a virtual basketball game.

He makes an offense play left-handed. He goes box and one. Match-ups drive his thinking."

Interesting article featuring Kevin Gilbride's thoughts on Bill Belichick:
http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/11/19/gilbride-had-belichicks-number/

That was a great article.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

That was a great article.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I thought his critique of Tyrod Taylor was spot on too.

This Manziel thing is getting even more interesting. My gut says he is not with them long term.

This Manziel thing is getting even more interesting. My gut says he is not with them long term.
nobody could've seen that coming since before he was drafted lol

I'm just waiting for the ESPN special titled "Where is Johnny Football now?"

They'll make him out as a victim and say he was never given the chance he deserved blah blah blah...all that BS

Come on PhillyV, call your boy and tell him to chill

dude needs to stay away from Texas, that has has lead to about 2/3 of his off the field issues

hehe

thechives-all-out-blitz-nfl-week-11-2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back