Worst condition grips I have ever seen

AshMan

Passionate Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
My buddy been playing with these. Can't believe it. In person they look a lot worse. Finally convinced him he needs to regrip them.

5366fb06c95c92531e5bfd9377a78fb9.jpg

What's the worst you have seen?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That's awful!!!!!! Get that man an update!

Is he putting the CP2's on from the background? Those grips are amazing for vibration dampening.

Good lord...

giphy.gif

Those do look terrible. About equal to my friend's that I changed out in his driveway about 2 years ago. Don't think he has played since that day so they are likely all dried out and useless at this point.

That's awful!!!!!! Get that man an update!

Is he putting the CP2's on from the background? Those grips are amazing for vibration dampening.
Yes they are, that's what I have on my clubs, love those

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

And here I thought my old titleist dci's where bad. How does one even get a decent grip on them.

Those are grips with memories. LOL

My father in law had an old chipper he uses with a 30 yr old grip. It came off in small pieces cuz it was stuck to the shaft, that was terrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an old set of Eye 2's in back when I worked at Golf Galaxy, the guy had taken back up golf after a 15 year hiatus. The grips were petrified, and as they started to come off they would crumble into a 1,000 pieces. It was hell to clean up.

Wow those look terrible! Ive seen some that are so old and dry rotted that they crumble, but never this much wear.

I play with a guy that is 3 or 4 handicap and his grips are worse than that. No way he is changing them he says. No way I could ever do that.

My father in law had an old chipper he uses with a 30 yr old grip. It came off in small pieces cuz it was stuck to the shaft, that was terrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the smell is what really got me when i was taking off the crumbling synthetic grips off the old spalding blades

That is horrendous. I got a putter for my dad off eBay last year - putter was great, but the grip was flaking like this. Needless to say, I changed that thing immediately.

I would say it's actually dangerous to play with grips like that.

I cannot imagine how many bacterias living inside the grip ... yucks

Before I found THP, I had a wedge with VERY distinct wear marks where my thumbs went. It makes your grip placement easy though!

I should try to get a picture of my girlfriends grips. They would put any that I have ever seen to shame. Keep trying to get her to take them in but she doesn't want to. I have now convinced her that she need to get them done but decided since they are a cheap set of clubs anyways we are going to invest in a new set for her this winter.

I regripped my buddy's clubs and he had super shiny, dry as Hell GP Velvets. Not a single one peeled off cleanly. They broke off into pieces and left black crumbs and dust everywhere. I definitely contemplated whether I wanted to remain friends with my homie.

There was a golf pro name "Porky" at the Roosevelt Roads, P.R. golf course back in the 80's. The grips on his Wilson LT's were cracked so bad, that some were almost a 3rd gone. I used to tease him about it all the time. How can a golf pro have such ragged equipment???????????

Didn't seem to matter to him because he would regularly school us in our Nassau's 1-2 times a week.

Back