The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

Anyone else wondering about the food? I know JB is a bit of a foodie and his pick for the Handcrafted event was a slam dunk. This might be one of the things I am looking forward to the most. All sitting around shooting the ****, drinking a beer and eating some great food.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Anyone else wondering about the food? I know JB is a bit of a foodie and his pick for the Handcrafted event was a slam dunk. This might be one of the things I am looking forward to the most. All sitting around shooting the ****, drinking a beer and eating some great food.

Yeah I'm guessing the grub is going to be on point. I'm looking forward to that part, too :D

We have two great meals set up and despite being location limited a bit, the resort and course have been able to work something out to make it just so perfect.
Its funny how perfect we like the meals to go at events, and I say that not because of our tastes, but more because lets face it, if THP Events were a group of guys getting together to play golf, they don't need THP for that.

So what we create at these grand events is different.
Its making the impossible happen. We have gear and swag involved, we have people from a golf company involved. We have golf company and THPers coming together for an entire weekend of fun including the food. We have competition of course a live thread so that thousands can follow along with the action. We know that the cost paid into these events does not cover the cost to host them, and we don't care. Thats not what its about. Its about putting together what was deemed impossible just a few years ago and the Gauntlet is a good example of that.

Hopefully people enjoy the ride and share it with the THPers that are less fortunate that could not be here live to attend.

Man that's so true. Having attended many many events, not one thing gets overlooked and it's because it's an event, not just a get together.

Really looking forward to this and I know it's going to be a blast. Get ready gentleman, this will be here before you know it!

Really looking forward to my first of what I hope is many THP events. May can't get here soon enough!

There isn't a better bang for your buck golf purchase than a THP event. THE END.

Not going to lie, After last weekend I really started thinking about those cactuses and not finding fairways. Your tee game better be on point

Not going to lie, After last weekend I really started thinking about those cactuses and not finding fairways. Your tee game better be on point

Time to grab that XR 16. :D

From what I have read and seen it looks like one the course is pretty open, but the lack of rough can make it tough from what I understand

From what I have read and seen it looks like one the course is pretty open, but the lack of rough can make it tough from what I understand

The fairways are quite forgiving, but if you play a lot out of the second cut you are gonna have a bit of an interesting day.

The fairways are quite forgiving, but if you play a lot out of the second cut you are gonna have a bit of an interesting day.

After playing Torrey Pines rough I think I am prepared for anything man, that stuff is sticky

After playing Torrey Pines rough I think I am prepared for anything man, that stuff is sticky

Playing out of the desert is so completely different. The ball does almost the complete opposite.

Time to grab that XR 16. :D

That's what I did! Just got my shipping notice.

The closer we get, the more excited I get - this has the makings of a fantastic event.

What's the rough like? It's been forever since I played in the desert, and the only other time was in Vegas before I really got into the game.

Was talking to Spivey about this last week. The lack of rough is actually a defense since there's not much to stop wayward balls from going OITD.

See what I did there OITW? :D

What's the rough like? It's been forever since I played in the desert, and the only other time was in Vegas before I really got into the game.

IIRC it will be bermuda and lush for the time of year.

IIRC it will be bermuda and lush for the time of year.

Maybe the Gauntlet will be the time I finally figure out Bermuda rough.

Maybe the Gauntlet will be the time I finally figure out Bermuda rough.

Just stay out of the trees on the tee box and I like your chances :alien:

Really looking forward to my first of what I hope is many THP events. May can't get here soon enough!

Right there with you! Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

What are the things people are most excited about?
Nervous about?

Nervous about?

Most excited? Spanking everyone's be-hind and going for the 3rd win for #TeamJRod
Nervous? The very first tee shot. Hope it's just straight.

Most excited? Spanking everyone's be-hind and going for the 3rd win for #TeamJRod
Nervous? The very first tee shot. Hope it's just straight.

If you get paired with Johnny be ready to play the most relaxed golf of your life

The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

Nervous about?

I'm most excited to hear everyone talk about the Zoo Crew and how they had read others talk about it but living it is something so much better. I'm also excited to see how Steven from Callaway does as a THP event rookie.

I'm most nervous for the first person who tries to hit a ball out of a cactus. My guess is it'll be AJ

Back