DB86

Reaction score
Handicap
I had the opportunity to get on trackman this evening and hit about 25 shots with my M2 driver. The pro said my numbers were pretty good, but I wanted to get some of your guys/gals opinions as well. I was hitting cold, didn't get to warm up so my Clubhead speed was down a little from normal I usually avg around 90mph. Here they are.

Club Speed 85 mph~
Ball Speed 119 mph~
Smash Factor 1.4~
Backspin 1900 rpm~
Total spin 2180 rpm~
Launch angle 14.6~
Dispersion 25 yards ~

Keep in mind I was hitting cold.

Looks like you were hitting it pretty straight and getting a lot out of that swing speed in terms of spin and ball speed.

I can't remember the carry but the total avg was about 214 yards

I can't remember the carry but the total avg was about 214 yards

That's solid. Your numbers appear to be optimal. Nice swinging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trackman Numbers

After a few range sessions with the M2 (not on a monitor). I visually think that my spin may be too low. When hitting side by side with my 3 wood, The ball just doesn't seem to carry like it should. It goes a little further but just seems to fall out of the sky. My 3 wood seems to come off the face and just ride the wind and gently fall down. Would turning the adjustment up to say 11.5 or 12 would that raise my spin up some?

At 85 mph I'd try to get the backspin up a little. Maybe 2500-2700 range. Even higher than that wouldn't hurt. Adding loft should help increase your launch angle and spin. As others mentioned though 214 out of an 85 mph is pretty solid. Don't tweak too much. I'd try and find an empty course. Hit 5 balls at 10.5. Raise your driver up to 12.5 and hit 5 more. If you're hitting fairways the lower launch and roll might prove to be longer than a higher launch.

TrackMan numbers from my visit to Club Champion on 12/3/16. Averages set using TaylorMade M2 9.5 w/Graphite Design BBS-6

Clubhead Speed: 105
Ball Speed: 152.8
Smash Factor: 1.48
Spin Rate: 2,248
Carry: 259.6
Total: 284.2

This was my first time on TrackMan and it was awesome. So many points of data it provides you, it's unbelievable. I wish I had enough money to own one myself.

At 85 mph I'd try to get the backspin up a little. Maybe 2500-2700 range. Even higher than that wouldn't hurt. Adding loft should help increase your launch angle and spin. As others mentioned though 214 out of an 85 mph is pretty solid. Don't tweak too much. I'd try and find an empty course. Hit 5 balls at 10.5. Raise your driver up to 12.5 and hit 5 more. If you're hitting fairways the lower launch and roll might prove to be longer than a higher launch.

Thanks. Actually today I tried a different shaft and turned the launch up to 12.5. The angle visually wasn't much if any higher, but I noticed the ball seemed to carry a little more and ride the wind better. If that makes sense. I'm pretty happy with the visual ball flight now. May try to hit my set up now on trackman if I can talk them into again.

Thanks. Actually today I tried a different shaft and turned the launch up to 12.5. The angle visually wasn't much if any higher, but I noticed the ball seemed to carry a little more and ride the wind better. If that makes sense. I'm pretty happy with the visual ball flight now. May try to hit my set up now on trackman if I can talk them into again.

Good feedback
I'm thinking of doing a Trackman fitting as well. Before I do my local fitting center quoted me $30 for 30-40 min of rental time. I thought that was fair to get a good baseline on things prior to a full fitting.

Good feedback
I'm thinking of doing a Trackman fitting as well. Before I do my local fitting center quoted me $30 for 30-40 min of rental time. I thought that was fair to get a good baseline on things prior to a full fitting.

I play on a Trackman every week in an indoor winter league. I can say form experience that it is VERY accurate. I love seeing my path and clubface angle after every shot and it has really helped my game. I've never had a fitting on one, my last fitting was on Flighscope. But my next one will be on trackman for sure.

Back