Walled cities on Mars?

SHIFTY

Orgasm Donor
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rock and land formations. Same could be said about the Grand Canyon of looked from afar. Not a big believer of aliens.

Rock and land formations. Same could be said about the Grand Canyon of looked from afar. Not a big believer of aliens.
Grand Canyon looks like a city from above? Really.

An infinite universe with just little old us here all alone? Could be, but unlikely. Odds are definitely against you.

Hopefully we can find out sooner, rather than later. I am hopeful.

I just thought Natural formations that are 5 and 6 sided and city size seems odd. Maybe it happens in nature all the time. I'm no geologist.

Swyped while swerving on my S6 edge

Natural phenomena. If you spend enough time in the outdoors you see stuff like this.

Natural phenomena. If you spend enough time in the outdoors you see stuff like this.
Or if you look at old Roman city mounds, they look like that as well. But yes, probably natural

Swyped while swerving on my S6 edge

I entered grade school around the time Project Mercury started. I was a space junkie. I faked being sick to watch a Gemini launch.

Back in the 1880s or so there were two astronomers in particular, Schiaparelli and Lowell, who claimed to have observed canals on Mars - evidence of intelligent life there. Sometimes believing is seeing.

I do agree that the statistics of the universe argue that we are not alone, whether you believe in a Creator or not. On the other hand, if they contact us first, that makes them the advanced civilization and in human history that usually has not ended well for the less advanced civilization.

I entered grade school around the time Project Mercury started. I was a space junkie. I faked being sick to watch a Gemini launch.

Back in the 1880s or so there were two astronomers in particular, Schiaparelli and Lowell, who claimed to have observed canals on Mars - evidence of intelligent life there. Sometimes believing is seeing.

I do agree that the statistics of the universe argue that we are not alone, whether you believe in a Creator or not. On the other hand, if they contact us first, that makes them the advanced civilization and in human history that usually has not ended well for the less advanced civilization.
But the aliens are aliens so human history isn't necessarily controlling :)

I've been there....they're amazing!

But the aliens are aliens so human history isn't necessarily controlling :)

Fair point. Are the aliens like "Star Trek's" Enterprise or the visitors in "Independence Day?"

In the words of Damon Runyon: "The race isn't always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet."

How this looks like walled cities to anyone is beyond me.

I see crap like this all the time right here on earths natural landscape from my Reaper...

How this looks like walled cities to anyone is beyond me.

I see crap like this all the time right here on earths natural landscape from my Reaper...

These pictures blew me away as I have not seen anything like these other than over heads from ancient roman city mounds. I'll admit ancient volcanoes do look similar on earth, but none have 5-6 sides to them. The 5 and 6 sided ones threw me off. But if you have examples I would love to see them. Like I said before, I'm no geologist.

Most life could have hit the Gaian Bottleneck and ended right there. For some planets it could happen early, see potentially Venus or Mars, or for others it could have happened before they reached inter-stellar travel (potentially us).

Another possibility is that we can't simply get beyond the "Great Filter" and that reaching that point has prevented civilizations from reaching inter-stellar travel (i.e., artificial intelligence perhaps).

Another is that even if civilizations can get beyond those two hurdles to achieve intelligence to the point where inter-stellar travel is possible, the universe is infinite which gives an infinite number of possibilities for such travel. The chances of them picking our planet to travel to are infinitesimal.

no life in our solar system. probably in our galaxy but unless you can travel faster then light you have no shot at finding it.

These pictures blew me away as I have not seen anything like these other than over heads from ancient roman city mounds. I'll admit ancient volcanoes do look similar on earth, but none have 5-6 sides to them. The 5 and 6 sided ones threw me off. But if you have examples I would love to see them. Like I said before, I'm no geologist.

I have seen similar looking things in my job but its all classified :alien2:

If we do end up making contact, let us hope that it is a Kardashev Type I. Colonization similar to the "discovery" of North America would be ideal. However, it is looking more and more likely that it would be a Type II or god forbid a Type III civilization, in which case that means probable annihiliation, we would be mere ants...

Time to start listening to Coast to Coast once again!

ef21107ef93048fe0ce117b24c08532f.png

Back