What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I played the W/S Duo Spin. It was weird, but for as much as I love the Duo and FG Tour balls, I really was not a fan of the Duo Spin. May have just been my ball striking that day, although it was fine. But between it and the Duo, I'd choose the Duo.

~Rock

Dropped a ProV1x into play yesterday. Not sure if it's mental or what, but I really liked what I saw from it.

Zstar xv still and it's just lovely

Played the Bridgestone B330RX today. The feel, the spin, and performance on and around the greens was very good, color me impressed. Could find a spot in the bag when my Srixon stash is gone.

Struggling to find B330 RX where I live so brought a dozen Titleist NXT Tour. They are long of the tee and irons and are holding greens really well. High approach shots I've even had a couple spin back but normally just drop and stop, I don't recall fixing as many pitch marks as I have the last few rounds. I'm also liking them around the greens. Whilst they are on sale I think I may stock up on a few boxes. Durability is pretty good as well, they have seen a few trees and cart paths, definitely more durable than the 330 RX.

Wilson duo spin, only 1 round in but so far a vey solid ball for me. And a steal at the price I got them

Played another round today with the 50 Elite. They're still keeping me from going back to the NXT Tour, at least for now. Strong all-around performance.

At this point, I'm going to play Chrome Soft for the rest of the season. It's just too good to be beaten!

I tried the Snell tour ball a week ago and I forgot to give my insights...

It's a really good ball! I absolutely loved it off of the driver! I averaged longer off the tee Friday when I played it vs the next two days when I didn't. It feels SO good and goes as far as anything I've played this year. Nice feel/sound, distance, and it seemed to fight the big lefts and rights.

I didn't care for it much inside 100 yards, though. It just doesn't feel or spin like the Chrome Soft around the greens. They didn't hold as well and I was getting more rollout too. Off the long and mid irons it was ok. Good distance, but has a little harder feel than I like.

All-in-all, a pretty good ball. If it had the feel and spin around the greens of Chrome Soft and kept its distance off the driver, this would be the best ball I've played. But, it doesn't, so it isn't. It's well worth the $31, for sure!!!

I played the wilson staff 50 elite today and wow! I won't be buying any more premium/tour level balls if I get the same performance from a $12/dz. ball. Distance is great feel is like butter, and spin is perfect. A couple hop and stop but most approaches sat where they hit or spun back. I love it and hope they don't change it, shot a 38 btw.

I played the wilson staff 50 elite today and wow! I won't be buying any more premium/tour level balls if I get the same performance from a $12/dz. ball. Distance is great feel is like butter, and spin is perfect. A couple hop and stop but most approaches sat where they hit or spun back. I love it and hope they don't change it, shot a 38 btw.

Been playing this ball for a month. Best non-premium ball on the market regardless of price IMO. Couldn't be happier.

I have been playing the Wilson Duo for quite a while. Love the ball! Plus the price is great at $11 a dozen.

I played the prov-1 today and really enjoyed it. Distance and feel was great, but it really excelled with spin into greens. I can attack pins knowing they will not run out. One hop and stop or maybe backing up a little.

I played the prov-1 today and really enjoyed it. Distance and feel was great, but it really excelled with spin into greens. I can attack pins knowing they will not run out. One hop and stop or maybe backing up a little.
Mike, you think that it gives you more control around the greens than the Chrome Soft? That's what I've been seeing while playing the V1 & V1X over the past month.

Mike, you think that it gives you more control around the greens than the Chrome Soft? That's what I've been seeing while playing the V1 & V1X over the past month.

For me, I'm seeing more check up with the prov1. I like he chrome soft and I had no issues with checking the ball up at anything like that, but the prov has proven over the last 4-5 rounds that it doesn't roll out as much on shots into the green.

Off the tee and with woods they are similar for me

Played the TM Tour Preffered X for the last few rounds. Really pleased with its performance. Easy around the greens, long and not a clicky sound when putting. Really pleased with the ball and the price I got. $30/D .

I played Penta TP5's today. I really enjoy those balls. They feel nice off all my clubs and I always feel comfortable with the spin I get with them. They've been my go to for quite a while and I'm almost out. Going to have to go back to the Bridgestones I think, those are great ones, too.

B330 RX. As usual, great feel and spin, solid distance.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Callaway Supersoft. I have been playing those for the last month and really like them

Bridgestone b330. Man I love that ball. I need some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srixon AD 333 - I'm sure I found this somewhere. Have no idea what kind of ball it is - prob two piece distance. Anyway, played 9 and did not lose it (but tried really hard to), was able to spin it back twice, once downwind and once downhill.
Anyway, it has good battle scars but I will keep it in play....until I do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At $13.00 a dozen I really like the Wilson Duo.

Callaway SR2. I hope Callaway is replacing it so I can stock up at sale prices.

Callaway SR2. I hope Callaway is replacing it so I can stock up at sale prices.

How do you like is compared to the chrome + and chrome soft? Chrome + is probably my favorite ball they've made but I haven't tried any of the SR line

Back