My Swing FO and DTL

Chase

Pro V1 Kenobi
Reaction score
Handicap
Going up
Freddie was nice enough to answer a PM question I had on grip and then was nice enough to offer up his advice on my swing so I thought I'd post it up here for reference and for others to chime in as well. I'd really like to work on some of these things over the winter. Please forgive my cluttered work garage.

FO View:

DTL View:

[video=youtube;C0Gv05p1g-o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Gv05p1g-o[/video]

I am sure it is full of flaws. When my timing is on I can play pretty well but my miss with irons tends to be fat(ish) contact.

Chase you have a solid setup. Your alignment is great, posture solid and swing is pretty descent. It's descent until you reach the top of your swing. At this point, you lean into you left side, get passed parallel and have no way of getting the club down to the ball with proper weight shift.

Since you're already leaning toward the left, you have to stay there in order to make contact.
0679c414b977ff2536c92522247e0ede.png

But this causes you to cast the club and allows the club head to get In front of the hands.

1b1797db2968c198229b3f71e33d02dd.png

4d2a6eb01e80964bb92fb58497286046.png

This also causes you to stop the hips in order to make room for the club to swing through and down the line.

The fix is easy. We need to keep the weight over you right side when you get the club to the top. This mean you have to turn into the inside of the right leg. So that right leg needs to remain flexed throughout the back swing. This will shorten your swing and help with your sequencing. Meaning your down swing will start on the right and transition to the left. Giving you power and consistency. You also won't have to cast the club in order to make contact. Your hips will clear naturally and you'll be able extend the arms and club down he line.

I knew it! LOL, man thank you. I have been "guessing" this is what I was doing for a while but your breakdown confirms it. I am always battling the cast and flip! I am going to focus on that right leg and see what I can do with it.

I'll work on this and post up some videos in a week or so and see if I can make some improvements.

Thanks Freddie.

Back