DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
got around 3-4" in Crofton. heard there is some thunder snow expected for tomorrow and another chance of snow over the weekend.
Not bad. What is thundersnow?

Not bad. What is thundersnow?

that is when there is thunder and lightning while its snowing. pretty rare occurrence and as the videos show some weatherman get a little excited. we had some thundersnow on saturday up in montgomery county

that is when there is thunder and lightning while its snowing. pretty rare occurrence and as the videos show some weatherman get a little excited. we had some thundersnow on saturday up in montgomery county
Interesting never heard of that..... Must only happen in Maryland

Really easy snow to shovel nice and light

Just had a thought and the regional thread made me think about it.... We need a VA vs MD competition of course when all the snow melts

Sounds like fun!!!

I already know what the better state is but this would confirm it through friendly competition and banter......

Only time will tell! Overconfidence could be an issue...!!!

I already know what the better state is but this would confirm it through friendly competition and banter......

I wouldn't be so down on Virginia Jesse...!

Would be fun though!

Just had a thought and the regional thread made me think about it.... We need a VA vs MD competition of course when all the snow melts

So we are looking at April?!!

Just saw the thundersnow vid. Hilarious lol.

I also just finished shoveling about a foot of snow across my whole driveway. Took me almost 2 hours. Can't wait for golf season to make its way here.

At least you're already conceding where the better competitors are. That's mighty big of you. We'll still get together for a "friendly"

Haha I like it.... I knew my little comment would get the juices going.

I am game for April just need time to get permission..... Hahaha

I also figured we could do a home and home.... A course in VA and one in MD

i am game for a home and home competition. some really good coursed on both sides of the river to choose from.

there was thunder snow in the area in Dec 2009 iirc, i believe both sides of the river experienced it. its definitely a rare occurence whenever it occurs and 2009 was the first time i ever heard of it and i grew up in Buffalo.

Haha I like it.... I knew my little comment would get the juices going.

I am game for April just need time to get permission..... Hahaha

Yeah. Got a little of our own Regional Rivalry talk going on.

i am game for a home and home competition. some really good coursed on both sides of the river to choose from.

there was thunder snow in the area in Dec 2009 iirc, i believe both sides of the river experienced it. its definitely a rare occurence whenever it occurs and 2009 was the first time i ever heard of it and i grew up in Buffalo.

I remember the blizzard in the Maryland region in 1983... I was out back sledding down our big hill when it started thunder snowing. We all looked at each other like wth was that! I have heard it a little since then, but not like that.

That would be really tough for me. While I now live in Maryland, my heart remains in Virginia. But then, I don't think one hits Virginia until they pass Fredericksburg. Anything north of that is DC suburbs.

That would be really tough for me. While I now live in Maryland, my heart remains in Virginia. But then, I don't think one hits Virginia until they pass Fredericksburg. Anything north of that is DC suburbs.
It should really be classified as North North Carolina, and then DC Suburbia. :alien:

Count me. MD rocks!

Driver: Nike Covert 2.0 12.5 degrees
Fairway: Callaway X2Hot 4 Wood
Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot 5 & 6
Irons: Taylormade Rocketbladez 8,9,P
Wedges: 52 Mizuno, 56 rtx, 58 smart sole, 64 rtx
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR 33

Those of us in the Valley would disagree with you.

Anything north of Woodbridge I count as DC...not really VA.

Hey now!! Easy...
Fine. :D I do admit that if you go west from Southern DC, you run into Virginia. I'm just not convinced that the 70mph parts of 85 aren't really part of NC. :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back