Regional Rivalry Is Coming To THP

So I was inspired a bit to come up with a geographic layout based on perceived activity to create some regions. While of course some states could field a team solo, the likelihood of most is not. So, with an idea to create a manageable tournament I created 10 regions. I have no idea what it coming or how this works, but I was bored so sue me.

BRarYoNl.png

You have the "Northeast" region as the DC/Maryland/Virginia area? One response to that:

image.jpg

Switch the names of the Atlantic and the Northeast and now we're talking. I'd personally do 8 regions instead of 10 for easy bracketing purposes, but I'm not as skilled at drawing on a map as you are.

How about some place central to make travel easier ... and ease the suffering of people that have to live there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Denver, Green Valley Ranch GC.

10 min from the airport. At least a dozen hotels in the immediate vicinity and hosts the Colorado Open.

a935fd6f3419cd774c3380aba95aed4f.jpg

With all the trash talk this is already an epic event.

152 pages of a whole lot of nuttin...........and growing.

#BeastMode
Once details are released I anticipate the excitement will only grow!!!

Actually I believe the #1 seeded GA would be taking the Carolinas to fill in a few spots. And what is this about a GA / Carolina a$$ kicking rivalry??? If GA got their a$$ kicked if any grudge match, it must have been because some of the "A" players were not invited to join the reindeer games.

In fairness, Spicoli and Trout reside in the Carolinas. That is some stoutness.

True Story -- One time Spicoli got upset about a bad bounce while playing in North Myrtle Beach, just south of what is now the North Carolina/South Carolina border. He stomped his foot in the ground in disgust.

Before that bad bounce, the region was only known as "Carolina."

In fairness, Spicoli and Trout reside in the Carolinas. That is some stoutness.

True Story -- One time Spicoli got upset about a bad bounce while playing in North Myrtle Beach, just south of what is now the North Carolina/South Carolina border. He stomped his foot in the ground in disgust.

Before that bad bounce, the region was only known as "Carolina."
Absolutely regarding TB and Spicoli. They would be at or very close to to the top of any team of 8 THPers, regardless of region.

So now the talk is location. It appears some are setting teams. Regions have been filled. Teams are getting anchors, and now the talk has moved to where it should be held. #Amazing

I just want to know more.

#PleasForEventsInBackyardTime

So now the talk is location. It appears some are setting teams. Regions have been filled. Teams are getting anchors, and now the talk has moved to where it should be held. #Amazing

Next thing you know, people will be teeing off. You don't have to do a thing.

You have the "Northeast" region as the DC/Maryland/Virginia area? One response to that:

image.jpg

Switch the names of the Atlantic and the Northeast and now we're talking. I'd personally do 8 regions instead of 10 for easy bracketing purposes, but I'm not as skilled at drawing on a map as you are.

I think I ma on to something if the biggest complaint is how the regions are named.

Still interested to see where the event will be held, with 8 people per team it'll be have to be a place that can hold a ton of people!

An event this big can only be held in one place... Texas!!! No other place big enough to hold all the egos!

Even though it looks odd I guess in theory Texas and Oklahoma could never be grouped together.....in anything.

mack-brown-bob-stoops-d179db68a64e97a7_large.jpg

You should crowdsource event planning from now on and take a lengthy vacation.

I think that gets an event exemption for first person from each Region to demand their favourite super special local course.

Good luck, Planner441.

Sounds like something AssWardy should organize

I'm assuming Kentucky is the center of the regional universe. I mean once the West admits they won't travel KY is the middle of all the regions :alien:

We should hold the event in an area where there is an airport that accommodate people from all locations. Somewhere warm in the spring, summer and fall.

Some place in Atlanta.

Makes sense.

I think that gets an event exemption for first person from each Region to demand their favourite super special local course.

Good luck, Planner441.

East Lake.

Make it happen 441

We should hold the event in an area where there is an airport that accommodate people from all locations. Somewhere warm in the spring, summer and fall.

Some place in Atlanta.

Makes sense.

Aren't there supposed to be 2 events in Chicago this year, and only one has been announced?

Plus, forcing people to fly into the Atlanta airport is cruel and unusual punishment. And everyone's clubs would get lost.

Back