Titleist 915D2 Driver Review Thread

Being the ever-tinkerer that I am, several weeks ago I sucked it up and bought a 915 weight kit. Turns out, for me, I like the red (standard) weight the most. Does anyone have interest in this? If so, I'll put it up in the marketplace. Right now, just sitting in my bag.

I would be interested.

I have limited demos for the 915 in my area. Could you give me an idea of which shaft and flex would be a good starting point to try out. My driver swing speed is in the 95-96 range. Thanks.

What do you like for shaft weight?

I currently have the TM Xcon5 Matrix Ozik in regular flex. In researching it just now, it's 57 grams and built for swing speeds of 82-88. Supposed to be designed to help hit the ball higher also but I hit it lower at 10.5 deg. loft than I did with a Aldila 65 gram stiff shaft with the same loft. Which is why I'm looking for a new driver.

Driving home yesterday I drove be 1 of the best courses in my area (Pine Hills for those in NE Oh) & saw some tents up on the range. So I pulled in.
Titleist & Cobra was having a demo day. The Cobra guys were MIA so I asked the Titleist guys if I could try their stuff since they were between appointments.
So I hit the 9.5 D2, Rogue 60 in Stiff flex, set at A3 (from previous user) Not sure if it was black or silver Rogue, but I'm guessing Black.
On the Trackman: Spin was 2150-2500 on solid swing & 2800-3200 on bad ones. Carry was averaging 240-ish and roll out was mid 250's.
Yesterday it was a humid, wet 59* with some breeze. I was planning on getting the Fly-Z+, but now this is in play. It was very excellent. The demo Fly-z+ I hit as a demo last week, course, felt extremely light. Almost like the weight was missing from it. Now I'm second guessing the Cobra.

I currently have the TM Xcon5 Matrix Ozik in regular flex. In researching it just now, it's 57 grams and built for swing speeds of 82-88. Supposed to be designed to help hit the ball higher also but I hit it lower at 10.5 deg. loft than I did with a Aldila 65 gram stiff shaft with the same loft. Which is why I'm looking for a new driver.

I think the shaft selection is most important. I have tried the rogue black 70 in s flex and it is really smooth and accurate. I have also tried the s+ in regular which launches a bit higher and seems to match a variety of swings.

Rogue Black 70 is absolutely fantastic. I can't think of a single thing about it that I would change.

Rogue Black 70 is absolutely fantastic. I can't think of a single thing about it that I would change.

have you hit the D2 with the silver Rogue? If so, what did you see different with your ball flight? How did it feel different to you?

have you hit the D2 with the silver Rogue? If so, what did you see different with your ball flight? How did it feel different to you?

Yeah I've got both a Rogue Silver and a Rogue Black in my quiver and have hit both extensively on range, course, and monitor.
Rogue Silver is considerably lower launching and spinning in my hands, and I feel like I really need to transition hard to get it to kick properly. Don't get me wrong; I can get it to load and unload but I just feel like the shaft demands more than I can give it in order to get 100% out of it. I'm a natural low launcher of the ball so I need some help to get it up and this shaft just doesn't offer that.
To me the Rogue Silver is basically a Whiteboard/D+ but with a much smoother/nicer feel.

Rogue Black is a rocket launcher for me, and I love a shaft in the 70 gram range. Its firm in the hands and stable at the tip but still really launches the ball well. I can feel it load nicely and kick like a mule through the zone.

This is all just my opinion/experience and of course it could be totally different in your hands. I struggle to write about 'feel' of shafts without sounding like an internet golfer.

Yeah I've got both a Rogue Silver and a Rogue Black in my quiver and have hit both extensively on range, course, and monitor.
Rogue Silver is considerably lower launching and spinning in my hands, and I feel like I really need to transition hard to get it to kick properly. Don't get me wrong; I can get it to load and unload but I just feel like the shaft demands more than I can give it in order to get 100% out of it. I'm a natural low launcher of the ball so I need some help to get it up and this shaft just doesn't offer that.
To me the Rogue Silver is basically a Whiteboard/D+ but with a much smoother/nicer feel.

Rogue Black is a rocket launcher for me, and I love a shaft in the 70 gram range. Its firm in the hands and stable at the tip but still really launches the ball well. I can feel it load nicely and kick like a mule through the zone.

This is all just my opinion/experience and of course it could be totally different in your hands. I struggle to write about 'feel' of shafts without sounding like an internet golfer.
Thanks for the reply. I understand what you are saying. This does help me with the "picture" I'm trying to paint in my head of how/what I want to see.
On the demo day, the Rogue silver was in a 9.5 head but in the A3 setting making it 11*. The flight seemed a little, not much, low to my eye.
Now I need to try the rogue black & see if it launches better to my eye. Thanks again.

Pulled the trigger on this last night 8.5 degree with the Diamana S+ Blue stiff, came down in a battle between this and the G30. The D2 just felt a little more controllable and my misses weren't quite as bad. Really excited to get this out on the course.

Pulled the trigger on this last night 8.5 degree with the Diamana S+ Blue stiff, came down in a battle between this and the G30. The D2 just felt a little more controllable and my misses weren't quite as bad. Really excited to get this out on the course.

Congrats on the purchase. I bought the D2 with the Black rogue, 9.5 degree head. I like the shaft you got, but the Black rogue goes straighter for me.
Hopefull it proves true on the course tonight.

My last 4 or 5 rounds mark the best series of drives I've ever hit. Combined with our firm ground conditions right now I'm seeing obscene distances for me and I've never felt as in control as I do right now.

When I miss I'm ringing the ball off the top of the face and a little heel-side, but the driver helps me out nicely and every miss is very playable.

My last 4 or 5 rounds mark the best series of drives I've ever hit. Combined with our firm ground conditions right now I'm seeing obscene distances for me and I've never felt as in control as I do right now.

When I miss I'm ringing the ball off the top of the face and a little heel-side, but the driver helps me out nicely and every miss is very playable.

This is downright scary. As you've said before, your game follows the tee ball, so I'm anticipating seeing some serious game from you!

This is downright scary. As you've said before, your game follows the tee ball, so I'm anticipating seeing some serious game from you!
Hole #8 on The Ridge I flew the green and went OB.
I've never been so happy to take a drop, and then made par hehe.

Hole #8 on The Ridge I flew the green and went OB.
I've never been so happy to take a drop, and then made par hehe.
Par the hard way haha

Carrying that green is, dare I say, #InternetGolferLong :alien: Nice one!

League night tonight, finally get to hit this thing! Hoping to see what I saw on the range at the demo day when I first hit this.

Still amazed at how well this thing cuts through the wind. Was at the range today, and facing a stiff quartering headwind. Ball was carrying maybe 10-15ish yards less than normal, which was really impressive to me.

Any idea how the rogue black s would compare to a rogue silver r flex?

So, I can't recall seeing any numbers anywhere but might be mistaken. Any idea what sort of a yardage increase someone would be looking at going from a 910D2, to a 915D2?

I am toying with the idea of tracking down a 915, but stuff is pretty out of my price range right now.

Is it worth it difference wise to go to a 915 vs 913 from a 910? Main reasoing for staying Titleist is that I have a shaft I really like, and would prefer to just swap it in adaptor and all.

So, I can't recall seeing any numbers anywhere but might be mistaken. Any idea what sort of a yardage increase someone would be looking at going from a 910D2, to a 915D2?

I am toying with the idea of tracking down a 915, but stuff is pretty out of my price range right now.

Is it worth it difference wise to go to a 915 vs 913 from a 910? Main reasoing for staying Titleist is that I have a shaft I really like, and would prefer to just swap it in adaptor and all.
I made this exact switch, from 910 to 915.
Id have to go back and find my post on the subject but I remember gaining decent ball speeds on center hits, significant ball speeds on off center hits, and netted more carry yards with a lower trajectory.

I made this exact switch, from 910 to 915.
Id have to go back and find my post on the subject but I remember gaining decent ball speeds on center hits, significant ball speeds on off center hits, and netted more carry yards with a lower trajectory.

Thx for this, I am gonna delve back to the beginning and go through again and try to track it down.

Thx for this, I am gonna delve back to the beginning and go through again and try to track it down.
It may have been in a Preview thread? There's also 2 915 driver review threads for some reason.

I had a 913 for a bit prior to the 915. On dead center hits, ball speed was a slight nod to the 915, maybe 2-3 mph. However, the big difference was on off-center hits. The 913 dropped off considerably compared to the 915. That's where the ARC seems to really be making a difference. The ball speed forgiveness factor on off center hits with the 915 is ridiculously awesome. I've hit way out on the toe on holes I know well and the ball wasn't that much shorter than a solid hit. It's amazing.

Great day with the 915 today. Long and straight.
Really nice penetrating flight even in very windy conditions.

Great day with the 915 today. Long and straight.
Really nice penetrating flight even in very windy conditions.

I'm confused Army. What driver are you playing right now? Your signature has me all confused...

Back