Best Partner you have had at a THP event

The one I have at the Pittsburgh invitational as they will be my first!

Same here and there are a lot of people in this thread who will be there, but I don't think that I could go wrong with pretty much anybody around here.

I've had some great partners for the three competitive rounds I've played for THP EVENTS, but for me the group that stands out are my MC fellow volunteers. Sharing that experience with those guys and all that it entailed is something I'll never forget. We didn't swing a club in competition yet came away as bonded as any of the competitors. Miss you boys & we need a reunion soon!

We did have a blast during our rounds before the MC. I had so much fun with our group. A reunion is definitely in order my friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Team Finley (including the Captain himself) at last year's #theGauntlet. From the practice round to the infamous lighthouse mission, it was a blast hanging out and competing with Orange Hog and Blugold. And of course, Captain Darth Finley who turned me into a Titos & Dew fan and was very cool with us Internet golfers.

I have two and it is the only two partners I have had at a THP event but they are for different reasons.

Troutbum- Just an all around great guy it was my first event last minute and made me feel fully comfortable. Our games complimented each other VERY well on an extremely tough course.

The other is G$$- He was my partner down in Florida for the Bridgestone. Unfortunately I brought my F game the entire week despite being the lower cap. I can honestly say I felt awful with how I played. Normally I could care less but I felt like I was letting us down as a group. The entire time G made me feel like it was ok. While I still am not ok with how I played it was great to have a partner that could make me feel ok about playing awful. Threw some jokes around and still had a great time.

How could we not laugh and have a great time brother. We hit some memorable and not so memorable shots. Awesome weekend and awesome partner.

Buckjob and I were partners at two different competitions. He was such a motivational partner for me. He was so positive the entire time and made me feel comfortable and relaxed. I played great once I settled down because of all his encouragement. Being the only female there made me nervous to say the least but I quickly fell right in with the group and had a blast. Those two rounds were special and I'll never forget them.

You're by far my favorite as well! You played your butt off!

This is a terrific thread. Anyone who stumbles across THP for the first time and wants to learn about the site should read every post in here.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Events are awesome, the locations are incredible, and the swag/prizes are top notch. But, what really makes THP events special is the people.

I mentioned in another thread that I've played in/attended 11 THP events. At each one I've had the chance to meet some really incredible people and share a round with them. Moreover, because of this site I now have some people that I consider close friends (whether they like it or not).

This place is special. It really is.

I'm not going to try to even venture a guess about my "best" THP playing partner. Donne put it best -- it's like trying to pick your favorite child. I just know that reading through this thread brings a smile to my face and reminds me that I need to attend a lot more of these events in the future.

Only played in a few but I'm going to have to say my fellow winner of OC. Martsy was such a great partner and fun to play golf with

Wow. I can't pick just one. Jeff Spicoli, Bear4Ever, CastorHades, Wake. They've all been so awesome.

Jeff Spicoli (John) was my first though, so I suppose that counts for something. He was so gentle. ;)

Had an awesome fun practice round with some guys named Freddie and Jake once. Not sure if that counts in their minds, but it did for me.

Can't wait for the Kentucky invitational to add a new name to the list!

I can't really say...so many best partners, roomies, practice rounds, event rounds, post even rounds, all parts of an event, and there's too many. All I can say is that I miss all of you guys I've met. Though one Freddie. I promise I'll post an answer to this thread after the next THP event I participate to. :)

Mine would have to be Josh AKA Miller Time. While he didn't do anything too specific, he just naturally put me at ease. I'm not sure if it showed but I was pretty nervous going into my first event. Josh was a great partner to have, he had game, wasn't cocky about it and had a positive attitude the whole time. I really did think we might have a chance to win it. We played well together and honestly, that weekend was the best golf I had played in several years.

The competition round was also very enjoyable because cookie and shakey made a perfect combo of competitive golf and having fun.
We listened to music and had fun the whole round but they also kept the pressure on us the entire round. It was a very close match and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Remember when we missed the short putt but drilled a 20 footer a couple of holes later? Gets my heart pumping just thinking about that back 9. What a fun round that was. I think that was my first time ever playing alternate shot. We were a really good team in that format.

I guess my first THP partner ever has to win it, BIG TIME NATE!!!!

Nate and I were not only partners in the MC but also roommates and it was a ton of fun to talk strategy before, during and after. And Nate couldn't be a nicer person to share a cart with for a round, but also to talk through the ups and downs of a round, he's an amazing golfer and an even better person.

That's my Partna!!!

That was a fun round and was a perfect way to start off my Morgan Cup experience with ya! I still have a ton of memories of that round and match.

Man I've been waiting all day for Spicoli...

I know right! Gonna be hard to top our MC partnership together but there might be some close 2nds in that race.

I played with TexasHacker at the Texas Invite and that was a lot of fun. We already had played together so knew what to expect. Nothing gets Taylor down and he's always looking to the next shot. Was fun to watch him out there grinding away in that Texas wind.

Man this is tough. Tough because every THP event I've attended so far I have had the pleasure of riding in the cart with some amazing people. If I HAD to pick one, I'll say dcbrad, who I the distinct pleasure of getting to know for months prior to 2014 THP MC, and shared 2 rounds with at True Blue and Caledonia. I played horribly and he kept calm the entire time. He saw how stressed I was about my horrible play and did his best to keep me cheered up. I won't forget those rounds, ever

I'm not trying to start a partner love triangle up in here. I liked them all.

I know this was a tough question but I know it made everyone head back to those pairings. And I know that ride was fun.

Millertime deserves some big props for being a stellar partner. We really put it on our opponents. He has a great head for golf, is a great cart partner and can flat out play. Thinking about the King in 2014 really makes me feel good.

I've enjoyed everyone I played with or against in an official event, practice round or unofficial gathering.

I do have a score to settle with some guy whose name rhymes with Filler Lime.

I've enjoyed everyone that I have had the pleasure of sharing a cart with from THP, whether it was an unofficial gathering, a random meetup or a THP grand event. But to answer the original question...I've only technically had one partner in an official THP event so this is an easy answer. CJ (Michigan Slice). Whats not to like? We had tons of fun, played some good golf and picked each other up when it was needed. While doing all that we also managed to go undefeated in The Grandaddy. And oh yeah...we also won our match in the unofficial MI vs OH matches last year.

I'm not trying to start a partner love triangle up in here. I liked them all.

I know its me dude, just tell everyone, dont be ashamed....36 holes (ish) in 1 day was ALOT

Man, did we have fun that day. Aside from Peterson mauling us.

I've had quite a few partners in THP Events, MWard, amsmith61, tpluff, MBurnham, Spivey all were great and each round had it's laughs, frowns, ups and downs. I couldn't pick one as the best partner in an event though, so many great memories.

THP is so great that way, and I look forward to many more events with many more partners and memories.

I know this was a tough question but I know it made everyone head back to those pairings. And I know that ride was fun.

Millertime deserves some big props for being a stellar partner. We really put it on our opponents. He has a great head for golf, is a great cart partner and can flat out play. Thinking about the King in 2014 really makes me feel good.
Always fun to relive THP event memories!!!

The Bridgestone University was an event Mike even though it was not a competition.

Well then any of the people I played with in Florida would do nicely as I enjoyed each and every one there!!!

Unfortunately that position hasn't been filled yet. The shortlisted potential candidates to fill that spot will be at #LiiTA. They will need to bring their best mixology gamer to get the dubious title.

During the singles match on Sunday in the King, MillerTime was my riding partner and fellow King Team member. I agree with all the other statements about how cool this dude is under fire and how he can spread that calmness to those around him. He played some the best golf I have ever seen that weekend. Huge drivers, solid iron shots, and putting lights out. No wonder he won MVP for the King squad :thumb:

Rather than picking one, I'll just tell some stories.

Puttin4Bird alluded to it earlier, but our round as a team in the 2012 Morgan Cup was maybe the most exciting round of golf I've played. Exciting because not only did we win, we kicked some real a$$. That wasn't really a feeling I was familar with at the time and god did it feel good. I'm not really sure I did anything of note to be honest, other than hitting the fairway pretty much every time, which let him swing for the fences. Still though, for that moment in time I really felt like the best golfer in the whole world.

GolferGal and I teamed up at the IA Tour Van stop whenever that was. 2013? We squared off against NiceyThanks and Poison Ivy and basically got destroyed on the front, which was a bummer, but played pretty well on the back I think. The good part though was getting to play with the other boss, which I'd never done before. Even helped her hit a ball out of the sand - my lone accomplishment in the world of golf instruction. The story though really centers on what GG did to me that day. We'd played a terrible front nine and her suggestion was that we get some beer. I like daydrinking, so of course I was in. We bought a six pack and she claimed she'd be drinking with me. What really happened was she drank none, we got better magically, and I drank six beers in nine holes. She sandbagged me into a mid-day drunk and anybody that does that is a friend of mine.

GregDan already told that story. It sure sucked to lose by a thread after seeing how bad we played three holes and how well we played most of the others. On the flipside, I got a GIR by bouncing a ball off a rock.

ATLGolfer and I got blanked at the Grandaddy together, but I love Seth like a Grandpa and that's ok. We played good in our second round of the day, but came up just short. After putting him in the left trees I goaded him into hitting maybe the best shot of his life. Then he missed a three foot putt like the chump he is, but that's ok. Old people are typically bad putters.

441 and I won a point at the MC together and should have won two. For us, that was basically the pinnacle of our golfing achievment. We beat two better players by playing a strategy that panned out. Some good shots and bad, but really just a great day of golf that will stick with me for a long time. We both had some moments of brilliance and some epic chokes, highly unusual for golfers of our caliber.

JB and I have played in a few competitions and have won and lost. We've seen it all, from the painful to the hilarious. We even played against Grimace himself on a rare day off from McDonalds. The little secret of course is there is nobody in this universe that I play worse golf with than JB. I'm sometimes still amazed that he lets me work here based on the things he's seen me to do to a golf ball on the course. Thank god I've had a couple decent-ish rounds at THP events or I'd probably leave the internet altogether. But I am who I am and we always can laugh about it. Each time has been a time I will always remember.

Back