Ways to get rid of my "Unlucky Golf Shirt"

ken419

Return of the Hack
Reaction score
Handicap
Oh Yeah
I know it's ridiculous to blame equipment, but I have a shirt in my closet that I've decided is unlucky and must be gotten rid of. The past few times I've worn it, I've either shot poorly, lost a lot of balls, broken a club, or a combination of all three.

I'm trying to think of ways to get rid of it...

- Give it away (It's a light yellow Firethorn F-Dry, Size Large - anyone want it?)
- Cut it up and use it as a golf towel
- Run it over with a lawn mower
- Golf Shirt "Smoothie" (put it in a blender)
- Run it through a car wash
- Load it up with firecrackers
- Paintball target practice

Any other suggestions? If it's good enough, I may even post a video if its destruction.

If you truly find it unlucky the only thing to do is burn it. I have a red shirt that I feel the same way about.

Maybe you can just Lebron jersey that thing and flame it and sacrifice it to the golf gods. Or make it a new pitching/chipping mat perhaps?

To quote Beavis: "Fire, Fire, Fire!"

I have unlucky putters. Purgatory is the staff bag sitting in the corner of my room.
In fact, (im' embarrased to admit this) the putter I'm using now was once so much in my doghouse that I traded it into Golf Galaxy last year! Only to be reunited with me 8 months later. Same putter (oddysey XG #9), I found out when I regripped it and saw the familiar dent I put on the shaft a year ago.

@ken i'm thinking a wood chipper of some kind........

Give it to the nearest dog.

I would give it to the guy you most frequently play against on the course.

The towel option means it will still be with you.

I think fire is the only real option (probably while dancing around it chanting some kind of mantra)

I acyually had a ProV1x that I was going to send back to Titleist as it would not do what I told it. 'Sit down' and it flew, 'spin' and it ran out, 'travel' and it would spin, 'kick left' and right it would go.

I'd say quarter it, by horses or cars.

You guys are wack! lol

No reason to get rid of the shirt. The bad luck washes out when you add a shot of bourbon in with the regular detergent. To make it a lucky shirt run around the house counter clockwise three times and take a shot on each turn. Works like a charm.

see ^^^ lmao

Clamfist, that was good!!! Jerome, I am loving the avatar!!!

Thanks for reminding me! lol

Let me guess, all of those girls are your girls? hehe

I wish!

I say give the golf shirt to Jerome, he can get picks with all of those girls wearing it. Then he can pass it along. And us THP members will find things to take pics with it and post on here.

That's a good idea. We should just pass it around and make sure it hits every state

That's a good idea. We should just pass it around and make sure it hits every state

You just pay the shipping to get it to the next person...I think its hilarious. Lets just say Jerome got it first. He will post his picks and then we will figure out the next person it goes to....and on and on....I like it

Umm, the ole lady just rolled her eyes ...... this could cost me a lot more than shipping :bicker:

Back