How do you attack this par 3?

From an elevated tee box, I hit a smooth 5 hybrid (my 180 club).

Smooth 5i aiming for middle or middle left of green.

Driver all day! I'm confident enough to hit it straight and that distance is right in my wheel house!

Did you really just pull a driver from 192, elevated? You're in trouble in Alabama

I just played a 189yd par 3 yesterday. In the summer when ground is harder and you get more bounce/roll out, I would have played my 5 Wood.

Yesterday was wet and soggy and balls were stopping pretty darn quick. I hit my Driver and landed it toward the back of the green, right side (flag was middle left side) Two putt for Par.

Next time i play this course, Im going to throw my 3 wood in the bag.

Depending on the wind, I hit either a 4 iron or the 18* hybrid choked down a bit.

I think the answer would depend on how elevated the teebox is.

Did you really just pull a driver from 192, elevated? You're in trouble in Alabama

I always pull driver on 200 yard par 3's. Length off the tee is my biggest weakness but I adapt and overcome. On longer par 4's I go driver 210, hybrid 160, then wedge it close and hope for the par putt. Nothing exciting but it gets the job done! I always say that if I can play my par 3's at bogey i'll have a good round. I can go from a 4 to a 6 in a heart beat and destroy my card.

Edit after re-reading closer. I had originally thought it said elevated green. It doesn't state how elevated the tee is. My trouble yardage is between 170 and 195. I don't have that club in my bag.

5i to the center back and putt it from there.

I always pull driver on 200 yard par 3's. Length off the tee is my biggest weakness but I adapt and overcome. On longer par 4's I go driver 210, hybrid 160, then wedge it close and hope for the par putt. Nothing exciting but it gets the job done! I always say that if I can play my par 3's at bogey i'll have a good round. I can go from a 4 to a 6 in a heart beat and destroy my card.

I don't remember you being length challenged. Wasn't try to make fun, my bad dude. I thought you were being funny.

I don't remember you being length challenged. Wasn't try to make fun, my bad dude. I thought you were being funny.

I edited my original reply. No need to apologize, it is what it is. It's something that can be fixed with some instruction and lessons. I just don't generate any power. Here is my edit:

Edit after re-reading closer. I had originally thought it said elevated green. It doesn't state how elevated the tee is. My trouble yardage is between 170 and 195. I don't have that club in my bag. My 3 wood goes just as far as my driver and my hybrid, Heavenwood, 5 wood, etc all go the same around 165.

Probably a 6 or a 7, depending on the pin location, aiming in the center of the green.

Edit to note that I just caught that the tee was elevated. The amount of elevation could change the club selection, I suppose.

I edited my original reply. No need to apologize, it is what it is. It's something that can be fixed with some instruction and lessons. I just don't generate any power. Here is my edit:

Edit after re-reading closer. I had originally thought it said elevated green. It doesn't state how elevated the tee is. My trouble yardage is between 170 and 195. I don't have that club in my bag. My 3 wood goes just as far as my driver and my hybrid, Heavenwood, 5 wood, etc all go the same around 165.

If you know anyone that can get me to Alabama, I'll take care of the lessons.

I would probably either hit a 5i or 6i depending on wind and how elevated the tee box is. Aim for the center of the green and hope it goes straight. If it draws into the bunker I'll take my chances from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on how elevated the teebox is, it would be either a smooth 7i, or a hard 8i... assuming it's more than a few steps up to the teebox. I'd rather be on the low side of the hole.

Thats a 5 iron for me to the middle of the green, putt my way to a par

5i for me. Try to put a good swing on it, and be ok with being anywhere from pin high to 30' short depending on quality of strike. A miss will most likely be left, which will be a tough up and down but don't really see any other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is the hole Afwcardinal says it is I play a 6 iron on a normal day.

I'd hit 5 iron or Hybo and aim a little left. That creek would scare me a little.

Love these threads!!!!!

I'm playing a fade off the right side of the bunker. If it turns over, great!! If it hangs in there, at least I've got a chance for an up and down. At 192, I think I've got enough club in a 5-6 iron to actually cover the bunker if I miss, so maybe the comeback chip to a back pin isn't terrible? Either way, I'm probably leaning more 180 and the 6 to roll it towards the pin.

6i that should land me short or front. Take my chances by removing being penalized by the bunker or creek.

5i for me with a target line to the left side of the green. I tend to fade it more than anything else, so sand is better than water. At an elevated 192, that is within the distance range for a solid 5i for me. Play the short miss and take the water out of play.

168 to center green?

I'm just going to hit a 33* aiming at the right edge of the trap. My usual block/fade should work out, and I'd be ok with the trap.

We have a par 5 that has the same type of long, narrow green. I would play this the same as I would the approach to that par 5. Land short and try to roll it on. Do whatever I can to not be right or left.

Back