How do you attack this par 3?

If this is the hole Afwcardinal says it is I play a 6 iron on a normal day.
As soon as I saw the pic, that's the hole that came to mind. Then I saw that the OP was from Lewisville, so I think that's the hole. Played it many times years ago.

Tee up on the right side of box, hit 5i on a right to left ball flight that takes the creek out and if i overcook i'm in he bunker then 2 putt for par

I'd use my 5 Hybrid and aim middle of the green. Hopefully it will roll out a bit and trust my putting to get a good look at birdie & at worse make par.

6iron for me here and I would aim at the right center of the green. It should carry about 185 and release to about 190. And because this is the Internet, I make the putt

If we're talking 170 or so to the center and elevated one club's worth, I'd still play it 170 and take what I get. 7 iron.

That is a 5 club green depending on the wind and cold.

My mindset would be to favor missing long(ish) left if I were having a bad confidence day, or facing windy conditions.

The green position in relation to the water is more forgiving the deeper you get.

Laying up short brings in the bank & water at the front of the green without much wiggle room from a blocked shot.

try to hit a cut with a 4H and pray!!

Since the tee is elevated I would probably go 6 iron and aim toward the left side of the green. With any luck I'll have a little fade in to the center and leave myself a nice two putt at most.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I would swing a 5 iron, worst case is I miss left and play it out of the sand. I'd rather miss left than right on this one.

Elevated Tee and 165ish to the center with the wind - 4h straight on and with some roll, get to the top shelf.
In the wind - 7w.

Hard 7 iron with a draw to about 5 feet. I always PURE the 7 iron, it's a lock!

I'd probably go with a *5 iron, depending on how elevated tee box is, I'd likely choke down on the grip a bit... Intention would be to hit it to land middle of the green, with my stock shot shape.

*If the tee is much more elevated, I'd drop down a club, to a 6. Same shot intention, though.

being a lefty...a 4hybo aimed between bunker and green, and start yelling DRAW BABY !! right after contact

Sure is!

the green is about 50 yards long, by 25 yards wide. Off left of the green is sand, and off right of the green is a creek. The tee box is elevated, and it lasers 192 to the very back pin placement. There is no danger between the tee box and the pin.

I hit my hybrid, and pulled one even left of the bunker. My chip sped just past the pin to the edge of the creek, another chip and two putt had me double bogey, and it wasn't pretty.

Right after I played the hole, I wished I would have just hit the 6 iron short of the green/maybe roll onto the front, then even a 3 putt is better than what happened.

forgive me for not reading all the thread in case this was mentioned already but with due respect Im just not seeing any real tricky or even tough decision making here. Its a basic par 3 (although rather lengthy) but none the less imo fairly basic. Large enough of a green and doesn't really call for being perfect and the only difficulty I can see is for being too errant from the tee but that's not about the hole imo.

Im taking 5iron to middle green 180/85 or 6iron with favorable elevation or wind. Anything fairly close enough to the green and i will chip/pitch on and hopefully save or bogey. Your issue with getting double on the hole was more about your failure at the greenside chipping. I don't see that at as reason to hit intentionally short here or over think your tee shot on this given hole but see that only as reason to make me want to improve on my chipping. Your tee shot wasn't the worst nor too errant, but your chip was bad. Hit short possibly if a front pin was in place but that's about it. Otherwise Im hitting whatever club to land on the front or the middle. Just not really anything here (or enough here) imo to start questioning an outright layup from the tee. But that's just me :) and from what I see here on this hole.

Looks to be a 4 hybrid for me, set up open for a cut and err for the front of the green. Worse case I tug it into the bunker, I like sand play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would aim for the area between the bunker and the green. Hit my six iron and it would carry 15????? foot past the bunker. If I hit a my normal draw, I can still have open shot at the green. If I hit a fade, I'll be on the green.
If I try a layup, it could roll into the sand.
A bogey wouldn't be bad for me on that hole.

8 iron.

No fear of going long. Probably won't make it pin high but a two putt par is better than short siding myself off the back which is what would probably happen with a 7.

7 iron aimed just inside the right edge of the green...natural draw, booyah.

8 iron.

No fear of going long. Probably won't make it pin high but a two putt par is better than short siding myself off the back which is what would probably happen with a 7.

I like that too. I should have read yours first. I guess it would depend on how elevated the tee is.

If everything is working that day, I'm going right at it with a 5h and attempt to land it just short of the green and let it roll up. If not, I'm honestly putting it in the bunker on purpose. I feel comfortable out of the sand. Either play to par or 1 over. I live with that rather than going into the creek.

Cute par 3, it really only gives you a bailout for the front and back pin placements. You can miss short left all day and probably test your luck at getting up and down. Back left miss maybe not quite as much, but it looks like there's some chance. That looks like a hole you just hit the center of the green, get your two putt, and move on.

Depending on how elevated the tee box is I'd hit either 5i or 6i. I'd likely aim to the left side of the green, maybe to the edge of the bunker, and try and hit a little fade. Look like a hole that you just want to stay safe and try to hit the green, roll two putts and get out!

Back