Greg Norman Has Big Plans For Golf

My guess is something on the lines of lets call it the.... The Professional Golf League

It will be team play similar to the Ryder Cup format and you would have team owners just like the NFL. You could have 6 to 12 man teams from all over world playing each other. You could have a draft and everything.

Maybe hes ready to announce his plans for his 27 hole resort course he's "supposedly" building with pacific links out here. They signed off on this in 2012.

I don't really understand hyping an idea like that without any real depth behind it...

Why not just tell us what's going on and let us decide whether it's viable?

Sounds like something destined for great....failure

I don't really understand hyping an idea like that without any real depth behind it...

Why not just tell us what's going on and let us decide whether it's viable?

I'm with you. Why put everyone on the edge of their seats? Now what if everyone hates it? All that anticipation is turned into a seething hatred.

That quote makes Finchem sound like a real piece of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have any idea about what he's talking about. Middle of the second quarter is still aways away and I'm curious what's up.

My guess is something on the lines of lets call it the.... The Professional Golf League

It will be team play similar to the Ryder Cup format and you would have team owners just like the NFL. You could have 6 to 12 man teams from all over world playing each other. You could have a draft and everything.
This was my thought as well...

I love Greg or did as a player. But what I hear here is a kinda arrogant rich guy talking big without any information or facts. Does this sound like anyone else we know. Maybe up in Washington.

Possibly, but Greg Norman is a very recognized figure to golfers internationally. He has the money, and I would assume, the connections to put his own thing together. He is not a dumb man. Outspoken? Yes. Ignorant? No.

I thought Id heard him dropping hints of some sort of unified world golf tour once.

~Rock

I heard him talk about this on a podcast and was very interested. I have been sort of listening to see what it is. Haven't heard any news or hints thus far

Back