California Trip - What Do You Want To See

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
In a few weeks, I will be headed out on the road with forum leader Ddec to spend some time with the some of the equipment leaders and wanted to ask the forum what they would like to see content wise. Its a bit of a long trip being about 9 days for me and about 6 for Ddec, but it should be fun as well. Here is who we are meeting with.

UST
Wilson Staff
Titleist
TaylorMade
adidas
Adams
Callaway
Cobra
Puma
Project X
KBS
SuperStroke
Matrix
Cleveland
Srixon

Lots of event planning will come out of this trip, but first and foremost it will be about getting unique and exclusive content for segments like Tech Talk, and a few others that we will be releasing this year. So here is your chance. What would you like to learn about. We will take several questions/comments from this thread and make sure they are covered.

So what would you like to learn more about?

Should be a good trip lots of knowledge.

I would like to know the reasoning behind Cobra Golf's repair policy and why it differs so much from their competitors?

Tech talk with TO is great, more information from him, maybe about iron tech/materials though.

How the Adams transition has gone from Texas headquarters to San Diego.

Also, big fan of the shaft videos, lots of knowledge passed on through them, I hope we see more of them.

Last edited:
Srixon - what do they have planned in order to get their equipment in hands of more consumers (ie retail distribution, demo days, online trial programs, etc)

Odyssey - Non-versa Works version? Anything else for 2015?

TaylorMade - What reason are the tour pros giving for choosing the AeroBurner over R15?

I'd love a "guide for dummys" when it comes to shafts and drivers. Lots of migration in the driver segment to higher loft and lower spin. How do the shaft makers and driver designers work to find the perfect combo and what do I look for to get the most out of my driver?

UST/Project X/KBS/Matrix: I always want more shaft education from those guys. Just general information for those of us still learning the basics. Specifically PX LZ shaft information.

SuperStroke:
I'd like to hear/see more of their non-putter grips.

Cleveland:
I want to hear more about their wedges.

Callaway: Differences between SR2 and Chrome Soft. Oh and ask Finley when he wants another Panda/MT beatdown.

Looking forward to the content guys!

I'd love to hear more about the newly introduced custom driver and CB irons from Cleveland.

Srixon: LH equipment in the plans moving forward?

Just be sure to ask Callaway how they plan to cope when THP rolls into Cali in December and takes that damn belt home.

#BringIt!

I like hearing about un-released gear!

And I like seeing pictures of the beach.

Here are a few and I'm sure I end up with more.

-A TO explanation of the way they can aid face closure in a draw biased club like the XL would be interesting.
-How do companies alter sound in drivers and how much do they pay attention to it.
-Titleist - we all know balls come in 2, 3, and 4 layers, but how about an explanation of what different layers do, how they do it, and why it matters.

Adams- Any plans for release outside of Red Hybo and the FWs we have seen? Driver or irons?

Srixon- Will we see LH clubs this year or maybe next?

UST- Any info you can get out of them about what we will be doing in March :)

Project X - Though they have had the PX graphite iron shafts out there for some time now, they've been relatively quiet in that regard compared to some of their competitors. Plans for anything new?

I would love to know more about the event with UST in a month...

Other than that as much inside information as possible.

would really like to know more about the R&D sides of all the companies.

What do they try to accomplish with each line?

Who are they trying to target the most?

What do they think will be the next biggest innovation in golf?

Project X - Though they have had the PX graphite iron shafts out there for some time now, they've been relatively quiet in that regard compared to some of their competitors. Plans for anything new?

I can answer this one based on my last trip out there. At this time, nothing new. That may change as technology is tested however.

Release info and tech specs on TM driving iron with RSi tech.

ALL shaft companies - where are they in new tech that might surpass the SteelFibers, Recoils, etc?

Callaway - Any chance in Hades they can start offering wedge customization ala Cleveland and Hopkins?

SuperStroke - Iron grips. Intrigued. More info/any documented successes pro reviews/usage ?

Srixon - More product to retail. Demo Days? I don't see any at all anywhere. Unless I'm just totally missing something on their site.

Doesn't matter the company, but I would like an explanation of how the laws of spin are seemingly different between a driver and a wedge.

Rough face/good grooves for wedge = more spin

Micro grooves for driver = less spin

Srixon - Why release a driver with single changeable weight in the US while UK gets two changeable weights.

Srixon/Cleveland - will they be increasing their promotion of the clubs outside of the wedges on TV. Right now its pretty non existent. How do they expect to compete in the high end price range with Titleist, Mizuno and others if they aren't getting the brand out there.

Cobra - will there be more colorways coming in the Biodrives.

Cleveland - A more in-depth explanation of the difference between the CG Black and the CG Black CB irons, and who they're aimed at.

For the shaft companies - Why can't they come up with a standard way to measure shaft flex?

OEM - Why are the club trade in values so low compared to the prices they charge at their Pre-owned web sites?

I'd love see some info on the new Cobra Fly-Z+ irons.

In a few weeks, I will be headed out on the road with forum leader Ddec to spend some time with the some of the equipment leaders and wanted to ask the forum what they would like to see content wise. Its a bit of a long trip being about 9 days for me and about 6 for Ddec, but it should be fun as well. Here is who we are meeting with.

UST
Wilson Staff
Titleist
TaylorMade
adidas
Adams
Callaway
Cobra
Puma
Project X
KBS
SuperStroke
Matrix
Cleveland
Srixon

Lots of event planning will come out of this trip, but first and foremost it will be about getting unique and exclusive content for segments like Tech Talk, and a few others that we will be releasing this year. So here is your chance. What would you like to learn about. We will take several questions/comments from this thread and make sure they are covered.

So what would you like to learn more about?
That's one amazing list of companies, I'll have to put my thinking cap on and see!

UST - Where do they see the future of graphite irons shafts headed?
adidas - What's the next step for BOOST technology?
Puma - Why the change to a more muted approach in footwear?
SuperStroke - More info on the coutnerbalanced grips.

Just a few off the top of my head!

UST - There's some new tech coming out this year and I want to know more about it!!!! What kind of profile is it going to be? Anything new in the iron shaft arena?

Wilson Staff - Absolutely on the wave and becoming relevant in golf again after some strong releases. How are they going to top themselves in 2015 or 2016?

Titleist - How has the response been from 913 to 915 drivers -- More notably on the sound over the results.

TaylorMade - Aeroburner or R15 and why? When are we going to see the return of the glorious xFT wedge?

adidas - Boost. Have they improved the heel design of their shoes or will i still be ravaged by the plastic circa 360 ATV days?

Adams - Where is Adams heading? Will there still be a viable presence in the hybrid industry at least?

Callaway - Everything XR. What makes it so special? How's the response been thus far from tour?

Cobra - When are we going to start seeing some Cobra golf balls?

Puma - Biofusion. What makes it so great, and where is it headed in the future?

Project X - Handcrafted. LZ. Naturally.

KBS - Anything Tour V. Also, talk to me about when (or why not) they are heading into the graphite iron shaft era of golf.

SuperStroke - non putter grips... Are they worthy of the hype?

Matrix - Dive deeper into MFS, or tell me what exciting new material they are experimenting with!

Cleveland - what's next for this brand? Wedges as a primary?

Srixon - The irons that come out of Srixon seem to have a truly classic look. Will that be a typical Srixon concept moving forward? Tell me more about spin skin.

Wilson Staff - Are there any plans to increase distribution in order to get their products to more consumers?
Have they thought about doing something similar to Bridgestone where they let you try their clubs out before buying them?

Callaway - Are they working on a new version of the Bertha irons that are less "bulky" but still offer the same distance/forgiveness.

Back