Going to Scottsdale in February - Some Course Advice Please

Be down there about the same time. Southern Dunes is a top ranked course, and not too expensive. Gold Canyon was nice also. There are so many down there it is unreal. The Boulders was a little more expensive, but worth it. If you look around you can find places that won't break the bank. Golf Now works well. Played We-Ko-Pa years ago. Nice but getting more expensive, as they are getting top reviews. Surprisingly, Dove Mountain south of Phoenix was pretty affordable, but a little drive from Scottsdale (but worth the drive). Pro's played there for some years. Hardest greens to putt, except for Hawaii

Yeah @rstremi , I plan on either using Golf Now or Teeoff each morning and see where I can play. I think Troon has their own pricing that acts like Golf Now.

I am so looking forward to this trip!

Noticed you were from CO. Will be nice to go to warmer weather. I found that booking my first day was pretty important, and then using Golf Now to find deals for the remaining days. Normally deals are to be found, but getting the first tee time under your belt takes some pressure off.

ASU Karsten wasn't too bad either. Close to airport, and works well for day you are flying in or leaving. Friends like Talking Stick also. Choices down there are many.

Hey Phoenix/Scottsdale peeps, what is the latest tee time I can book during the first week of February and get done before dark? Just peeking at my GolfNow app and Troon North tee times are like $280 in the morning, but can book for $125 at 1:30 (for today). Hoping that deal is available when I am there and it be enough time to play.

That Pinnacle course looks amazing!!

I would play Ambiente at Camelback before Champions. It's a very unique track that I enjoy immensely.

I'm not an Arizona guy, but I played Ambiente when I was down for work in late October and I couldn't agree more. I would play there again in a heartbeat.

I have decided to play Ambiente, Dunes, and Troon North (Pinnacle). I will decide which course to play next week depending on GolfNow and which discounts I can get for the day! Probably save Troon for the last day so I can really work on my swing (have not played since October here in Denver).
I noticed the prices jumped this week...probably due to the Tournament! Hope they drop back down next week.

Bumping this again for the locals to help answer my question. What is the latest tee time I should book next week where I can actually finish before it gets dark.

Gets dark around 6 and there are a bunch of vacation golfers out that play slow. You would be safe around 1:30 and 2 would be pushing it depending on the pace of play.

I have decided to play Ambiente, Dunes, and Troon North (Pinnacle). I will decide which course to play next week depending on GolfNow and which discounts I can get for the day! Probably save Troon for the last day so I can really work on my swing (have not played since October here in Denver).
I noticed the prices jumped this week...probably due to the Tournament! Hope they drop back down next week.

Bumping this again for the locals to help answer my question. What is the latest tee time I should book next week where I can actually finish before it gets dark.

1:30 will work at most places, but probably not Troon North. You would need to go a little earlier. Sun will go down around 6pm, and the rounds at Troon are a bit slow.

Back