2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only spent 6 minutes in the green, the rest was orange and red. It's because my cardio endurance is horrible! Having the treadmill at home is going to hep me a ton. I plan on doing a run tomorrow and Wednesday and then I have another OT class on Thursday.
It's funny how some workouts you can do well with your zones and others you cant. When I ride, I can train in the perfect zone for hours and hold myself there as long as I need (it seems).

When I run, its like Max heart rate as soon as I tie my shoes.

It's funny how some workouts you can do well with your zones and others you cant. When I ride, I can train in the perfect zone for hours and hold myself there as long as I need (it seems).

When I run, its like Max heart rate as soon as I tie my shoes.

Hahaha, same here! I can row and do weights no problem, but as soon as I step on the treadmill I am in the red, and then it takes forever for me to get back down to green. By the time I get close to green it's back to running and back to red.

holding at 244 for last 9 days, not bad, was on vacation in florida for 5 of those days and held my weight, going to lose 4 more pounds by Jan 1st. total weight loss to date is 156 pounds!!!

Really proud of you pop. Biggest thing I'm proud of is the fact you're keeping it off! I know it'd be real easy to put it right back on but you're not losing the motivation and you're keeping it off. Keep up the good work.

Nice healthy day today as I get back on track from The Grandaddy.
Lean Cuisine for lunch
Two fig bars for a snack
Then some BBQ shrimp for an appetizer followed up with GG's lean and low cal chili for dinner.

Based on my rough estimate I am about 32 points in. 6 points to go for a snack later tonight.

179 I see you in my sights. 11 lbs to go.

Good walk in on the treadmill, dang foot slowing me down, some weights after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the past couple of months I have cleaned up my diet and I'm feeling great and looking better but tonight I come home and the wife bought me 2 huge bags of m&m's a bunch of gummy bears and two family size bag's of chips.

Not sure how to feel about this, it kind of seems like sabotaging my commitment to my diet.

Nice healthy day today as I get back on track from The Grandaddy.
Lean Cuisine for lunch
Two fig bars for a snack
Then some BBQ shrimp for an appetizer followed up with GG's lean and low cal chili for dinner.

Based on my rough estimate I am about 32 points in. 6 points to go for a snack later tonight.

179 I see you in my sights. 11 lbs to go.

You've got this.

I am hitting Orange Theory tomorrow ... goal is greater than 900 for calories ... will be pushing it the whole way!

Eat a handful and put it aside. If you can limit yourself to that once or twice a week, you'll still be good for your diet. :)
Over the past couple of months I have cleaned up my diet and I'm feeling great and looking better but tonight I come home and the wife bought me 2 huge bags of m&m's a bunch of gummy bears and two family size bag's of chips.

Not sure how to feel about this, it kind of seems like sabotaging my commitment to my diet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Damn... 15 calories a minute is pretty tough to sustain. Good luck!
I am hitting Orange Theory tomorrow ... goal is greater than 900 for calories ... will be pushing it the whole way!

So true! I kept sneaking a peek at my neighbors row machine to see where she was at and I was trying to match or beat her. I didn't because I am so far out of ship it's laughable, but it was a fun little internal competition for me.

Funny story along these lines. My friend is in NYC big into Flywheel classes - so when we went to visit her, she used some of our guest passes so we could get a workout in. We all showed up under her name on the board, and I forgot what bike number I was. I spent the class trying to race myself - was the best numbers I've ever seen in the trips we've taken there.

Funny story along these lines. My friend is in NYC big into Flywheel classes - so when we went to visit her, she used some of our guest passes so we could get a workout in. We all showed up under her name on the board, and I forgot what bike number I was. I spent the class trying to race myself - was the best numbers I've ever seen in the trips we've taken there.

Haha, that's really funny!

Eat a handful and put it aside. If you can limit yourself to that once or twice a week, you'll still be good for your diet. :)

I'm not a big candy guy to start with so I'll just bring them to work and let my farm animals graze on them all day. The chips though that's going to be tough there is a reason I only buy them every two weeks.

Damn... 15 calories a minute is pretty tough to sustain. Good luck!

Since I am not the smartest guy on this topic ...

I view the Orange Theory numbers at my age, as just that, a number ... a goal to shoot for. I feel bad at times because I feel like I am cheating. Since I am older, my max heart rate is lower ... I can get it in the "red" and sustain it there rather easily. The only time I feel need to "rest" is when I am past my max in the 102-105% range. I watch the board and keep myself in the 95% range ...

Put me on the treadmill or rower, and I feel like I go could for a hours bouncing at the 92-95% range ...

When I go for the treadmill test at the doctor's office I kill it ... and I watch my heart health closely with bi-annual check ups ...

I figure I am ether in OK shape, or a heartbeat away from a heart-attack ... in the case, I feel all the hard work of staying active for the last 60 years is paying dividends.

If you go to a doctor, get a full physical including that treadmill incline test, and bring those results to Orange Theory, will they change your percentages?
Since I am not the smartest guy on this topic ...

I view the Orange Theory numbers at my age, as just that, a number ... a goal to shoot for. I feel bad at times because I feel like I am cheating. Since I am older, my max heart rate is lower ... I can get it in the "red" and sustain it there rather easily. The only time I feel need to "rest" is when I am past my max in the 102-105% range. I watch the board and keep myself in the 95% range ...

Put me on the treadmill or rower, and I feel like I go could for a hours bouncing at the 92-95% range ...

When I go for the treadmill test at the doctor's office I kill it ... and I watch my heart health closely with bi-annual check ups ...

I figure I am ether in OK shape, or a heartbeat away from a heart-attack ... in the case, I feel all the hard work of staying active for the last 60 years is paying dividends.

If you go to a doctor, get a full physical including that treadmill incline test, and bring those results to Orange Theory, will they change your percentages?

Sudseh at my age I will take what I can get, like my discount at iHop and the movies :act-up:

For me I use it as a data point only and don't read to much into it. I call it my effort number. Last night my effort number was 964, my goal was 900.

There was another gentleman about my age in the red too last night ... he basically quit at about the 35 minute mark. Also if the class is for an hour ... I am going to push the entire 60 minutes ... I am hardheaded that way and I know I can do it.

Here are last nights stats:

edit: avg heart rate - 157
max heart rate was 182

I was at my avg HR was 95% which is here I try to keep it.

OT%2012-16-2015.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mid-week weigh in. 191 and change. Have been able to drop what I gained out in California and more over the last 5-6 days. The goal for the end of the year is within site and for the one for the PGA show is rapidly approaching. Need to stay strong over the next week.

mid-week weigh in. 191 and change. Have been able to drop what I gained out in California and more over the last 5-6 days. The goal for the end of the year is within site and for the one for the PGA show is rapidly approaching. Need to stay strong over the next week.

I have friends in town Monday and Tuesday and that will not go well from a healthy eating stand point. But I am guaranteeing my goal of 185 by PGA Show and still think 180 is a possibility.

My Orange Theory class for today is done! I was practically falling asleep in the waiting room before the class started, yet someone managed to push it the entire time I was in class. Now I need a shower and a nap!

I burned 688 calories. It was a small class today and I burned the most calories by 1. Sadly, that also meant that once again I was the most out of shape person in the class. That's ok though, I know over time I will make progress. Now if I could just get the eating under control I might actually have a chance at this weight loss thing.

My Orange Theory class for today is done! I was practically falling asleep in the waiting room before the class started, yet someone managed to push it the entire time I was in class. Now I need a shower and a nap!

I burned 688 calories. It was a small class today and I burned the most calories by 1. Sadly, that also meant that once again I was the most out of shape person in the class. That's ok though, I know over time I will make progress. Now if I could just get the eating under control I might actually have a chance at this weight loss thing.
So after a few classes you're still enjoying it seems? Ginny has been talking about this place for a few weeks now since it opened up near our current "boringly monotonous gym"

I have friends in town Monday and Tuesday and that will not go well from a healthy eating stand point. But I am guaranteeing my goal of 185 by PGA Show and still think 180 is a possibility.

I know I am going to meet the 185 goal. I'm hoping to hit around that same 180 number or better. Just over 5 weeks to lose 10-11 lbs. I think it can be done.

So after a few classes you're still enjoying it seems? Ginny has been talking about this place for a few weeks now since it opened up near our current "boringly monotonous gym"

I really like it a lot. Every class is totally different, and I really enjoyed today's class. The weight room section was intense, but it was broken up nicely with some rowing.

Awesome! That graph is inspiring. :)

Cheers, sir!
Sudseh at my age I will take what I can get, like my discount at iHop and the movies :act-up:

For me I use it as a data point only and don't read to much into it. I call it my effort number. Last night my effort number was 964, my goal was 900.

There was another gentleman about my age in the red too last night ... he basically quit at about the 35 minute mark. Also if the class is for an hour ... I am going to push the entire 60 minutes ... I am hardheaded that way and I know I can do it.

Here are last nights stats:

edit: avg heart rate - 157
max heart rate was 182

I was at my avg HR was 95% which is here I try to keep it.

OT%2012-16-2015.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm eating way too much homemade bread and cheese while on vacation, and drinking WAY too many "Fernet con Coca"s. I'm pretty much guaranteed to be back above 200 at this point. Hopefully the second week of vacation will get me back on track.

I'm eating way too much homemade bread and cheese while on vacation, and drinking WAY too many "Fernet con Coca"s. I'm pretty much guaranteed to be back above 200 at this point. Hopefully the second week of vacation will get me back on track.

but it tastes really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back