One Club Challange

6 or 7 iron on most courses, if there wasn't much sand I'd think about using a hybrid.

And I would definitely carry it in my belt loop like my boy Roy!

5264144_std.jpg

I would play with only a 7i. That would work the best for me IMO.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I've played one club rounds with a five iron, a seven iron, and a pitching wedge. I had the most success with the pitching wedge, I found that it was better to have a more reliable short game club since I was having to hit some different shots into greens.

one club tournament

one club tournament

Any one ever play in one and if so what club did you choose? I played in one in 1993. I selected a 6 iron and shot 84 on a par 71, 6300 yard course. For the tee shot I hooded it to hit a drawing running shot and could get it to go 200 yards. I used to practice putting with most of my irons when I was bored so putting was not a problem. For shorter shots I would grip down to the bottom of the grip. Sand shots were the hardest, I would just chip it out unless the lip was very low. It took the guess work out of choosing a club.

I would probably choose a 5, 6, or 7 iron, depending on the course (length, amount of sand traps). It sounds like it would be fun, might have to try with some friends sometime. I am wondering though, did you have any issues with your swing following the tournament?

6 iron. Experience has taught me I can hit it anywhere from 25 to 170 yards, and I think I'm going to need that sort of versatility...now just to do it on purpose.
This made me LOL

I'd pick a 7i because I don't hit my 6i quite as well.

probably 1 of the Adams 7I. Thing is like a hybrid of a hybrid/iron thing. Think I could be ok with that.

Probably 7 iron for me.

7 or 8 iron I would imagine.

Probably a 6 iron. A 48-inch long 6 iron...?

6 or 7 iron. Probably would have to look at the course layout to see which one I'd go with.

7 iron for me

I'd go 3 wood. That's my money club

I'd pick one of 6,7 or 8 depending on the par 3 distances.

I'm curious of all you guys picking a hybrid. What happens if you go in a greenside bunker with a fairly steep wall? You might literally never get out.

I'd pick one of 6,7 or 8 depending on the par 3 distances.

I'm curious of all you guys picking a hybrid. What happens if you go in a greenside bunker with a fairly steep wall? You might literally never get out.

I think the course would dictate for me if it is my 7I or my 4H because of your question.

So with the course as a ??? I would go 7I

I'm gonna say 7 as well, popular opinion, but makes the most sense.

I would take my 6 iron.

7 iron all the way. My 7 iron is trusty, and has never turned on me.

Jack

Would use my 5 hybrid, love that damn thing :) I already chip with it around the green and can knock it out 215+ when I need to off the tee. Would be fun.

8 iron for me

We did it last spring. A friend and I, we play Matchplay pretty much every Saturday, did that infamous one club challenge. He used a 6i, I took my 7i. Makes you creative at least. It's not the 120yd shot on a Par 3 you cut in from the left, it's not even the sand shot out of a wet greenside bunker (just open up and give it a really good whack), it's the soft high 15yd pitch to a green that is 6ft above you for example.
I used every iron club in my bag one time during practice, from 60deg to 3i for a 20ft pitch over our practice bunker onto the pitching green that is about 15ft deep from that angle.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

5 hybrid for me! Those type tournaments are really fun!

Back