What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you shoot today?

An "interesting" 94.
Never have I hit better shots that ended up in unplayable lies. I took 2 unplayables on the same hole after absolutely striping the ball. Driver thru the fairway to a cactus, drop, chip to the fairway, 140 to the pin, perfect 9 iron- thru the green, nestled into a tree root. Drop.
I absolutely killed my irons long for the front nine - played WS Duo (until I lost it) and titleist NXT tour. Flew three greens, overshot 5 more.
Otherwise, 4 three putts, and had 11 bunker shots on 6 holes. Ugh.

Shot a 59/52 at Pecan Valley, Hills course. I managed to hit a lot of water and OB, so way too many 3 from the tee. Also warming up ahead of time would be good. The first ball I hit today was on the first tee. And finally, was playing around with Apex UT hybrids and a SLDR Mini Driver, none of which were working for me all that well. I must be weird, I hit my Apex low irons better than hybrids or driving irons. When I hit the mini driver well, I hit it very straight. But I kept either topping it or skyballing it off the tee. I think it's time to cut my driver down to a 43" shaft to keep the straightness, but maintain the forgiveness of a 460cc head.
Keep working man. You will get it. As long as you work hard, which you are, you will be fine.

Much improved round for me today after carding 28 points last weekend, played match play against my mate (14 hcp) and won 2&1. Very pleased with the front 9 then the rain started but managed to be consistent. Onto next weekend now :)

2n8vi8x.jpg

53 over 9 holes. Better than yesterday's 58. I started out looking like I might play bogey golf and then went downhill.

Bogey, Bogey, Par, Double, Double, Triple, Quad, Quad, Par. The only consistent thing about me is my inconsistency.

42/42 fun round in nice warm weather 82 deg when we finished.

Played on Saturday and shot 80, played the next day at a different course and shot 65, stupid game!

Hot day at World Woods Pine Barrens and two fives killed any chance for a good score. I only hit five of those huge fairways and had five three-putts. 87 (45,42)

Played 36, carded an 82 in the AM and an 81 in the PM. Got 9 in yesterday and had a 38. My cap has been skyrocketing so I'm happy to get back into the low 80's, now I just need to stay there.

Had a "first in fun" round with JB today.

Lots of errant shots to go around, more duffed chips and pitches than I care to admit. Final tally was 85 (44-41).

I could blame travel lag or pace of play, which is exactly what I will do! :alien:

Joking aside, there were some really excellent shots, but they were few and far between. With that said, I didn't think playing in shorts was possible after the weather I've been dealing with in Atlanta. So this was fantastic regardless of the score.

I hit 11/14 fairways.
I had 34 putts.

Sounds like an average/halfway decent round so far, right?

Shot a 118 and had 14 sand shots with no sand saves through the first 12 holes and then dunked a ball in the water going for an island green on #13. Couldn't hit an iron or wedge shot to save my life today.

Hot day at World Woods Pine Barrens and two fives killed any chance for a good score. I only hit five of those huge fairways and had five three-putts. 87 (45,42)

I need to get back out there. Once the clocks go back (or ahead or whatever the hell they do) I think I'll do a quick 24 hour visit and play Pine Barrens and Rolling Meadows then shoot back home.

I shot a very happy +1 73 today. +3 39 on the front nine and -2 34 back nine. That included a very weird shank on one of the par 3s. Only had 24 putts partly in thanks to some good wedge work but I was putting good, had probably 6-7 up and downs from off the green today that saved my score.

Last edited:
Did not play well yesterday, despite having a great time with a group of THPers at Long Bay Golf Club. Severely stumbled (more like crawled) out of the gate which sunk any chance of a decent score. I finally did get my iron striking on track, and from the 7i down it was quite reliable. Putting was ok as well, though I burned the edge of the cup more often than I would have liked but only had a couple of three jacks. I am really liking the flow neck putter I picked up (W/S 8883 BLK). When it comes to woods and hybrids, it's feast or framine, and as Rich (Bullitt) can attest, it was mostly famine. Multiple topped balls, so I'm doing something awful with my swing when the shaft gets too long (also have an issue with my 6i which results in a big cut ... it's playable as long as I account for it). Left a few chips short, but that's me not being aggressive (but with all the green side bunkers, I was a bit tentative at times.

I think at this point, I'm at a stage where if I get hot, I can play above my handicap. However when I'm not, it's going to be a rough day. It all starts with getting off the tee, and I didn't do it very well yesterday. 5/11 FIR, and on 4 of those, I wound up making bogey (which I'm fine with at this point in my golfing career). When I don't put myself in the fairway though, I only made one bogey and 2 double bogey's with the rest being "others". So, while I think I really could use a short game primer, my next lesson is going to be how to get off the tee! It has to be.

I did play 5 strokes better on the back (4/7 FIR) so that was heartening. Also knowing that at least part of my game is in good shape, and that I have a definite area that needs to improved also has me feeling good. As long as I don't improve my tee game and go back to sucking with my irons!

Putting...grrrrr. I hit some really good shots but score was horrible because of my incompetence with the flat stick. Greens were really nice at World Woods Rolling Oaks course, nice but very slow. How about 8 three-putts??? On an easy course, 89 (44,45)

2 rounds, 82 in the AM, 79 in the PM. First round I couldn't hold greens despite hitting a bunch of them. Balls were jumping 5 to 7 feet in the air and taking off after coming in high. Ball striking wise I believe I played much better in the morning.

A very up and down 95 in a best ball tourney yesterday. No idea what the split was, as I did not keep my own score.
The 4 bunker shots on one hole did not help.
I did get two pars with bunker up and down's.

Shot 2 over today, but the highlight was a hole in one on the 16th! Our four ball better ball score was 18 under, not bad going!

I am beyond ecstatic, as I had a back 9 of 38 from the blue tees on a little 9 hole course (one double, 8 pars). I played the front from the whites and shot a 44 with 2 triples. Everything seemed to click on the back though. I can't complain too much about the double either; it was on a long par 3 that I actually hit a halfway decent tee shot from about 190 but it left me a really difficult chip.

Not too good today 44/42, really struggled with the flat stick on some lightening fast greens that had mucho movement on them.

A very disappointing 7 over with 4 double bogies I had 4 birdies on the back nine but threw in a double and 2 bogies. Tomorrow will be different!!

+10 on the day. I would normally be ecstatic except for the fact that I only shot the front 9. :bulgy-eyes:

I got 18 in just in time by finishing at 4:15 since the snow hit at 4:25, we now have 5" and it's still coming. For my game, it was pretty ragged, very wet, cold, and physically tiring. Putting was still a little off but maybe I found some keys to help there. Still, not a good score on my home course 91 (45, 46)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back