DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the current market activity may amend my plans regarding retirement, I still anticipate retirement in the reasonable near future, accordingly, I thought it may be a good idea to start a lesson process. My last instructor and I had what I will label personality differences, so I went by the Nighthawk golf center, yesterday, to inquire about lessons. It seems that they have three teaching professionals--Don,John and Mark. Their fees seem reasonably the same and a lot cheaper than my last instructor. Anybody know anything about these guys and if so whom would you recommend. What I did like about Nighthawk is that I could test and get fitted for equipment as part of the lesson process at one location.
I believe Mdhacker has taken a lesson it two from Don. I don't recall what he thought about him though.

You are correct about their demo and fitting options as well. Very good

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Musket Ridge special for 4 days!

email-template_01.jpg
email-template_02.jpg
[h=1]Aeration Healing Special[/h]
Greens are close to 100% healed, but we
are still offering up to 50% off for the next 4 days!

Aerification Rates for Aug 31- Sept 3:
$36.00
Twilite $30.00

3555 Brethren Church Road
Myersville, Maryland 21773
www.musketridge.com

I'm playing at MD National next Friday; any tips oh wise THP'ers of the old line state? Looks like a great track

I'm playing at MD National next Friday; any tips oh wise THP'ers of the old line state? Looks like a great track

Bring your A game! Usually the greens there are very firm, so when possible, land short of the pin - sometimes short of the green.

Don't go left on No. 1. Plenty of room to the right on number 2, a very cool par 5.

Don't try to figure out 18. Just hit it and hope. Ha

Greens for the most part are on the smaller side in my opinion. So your short game might get a work out.

Beautiful golf course though. Enjoy it! Good test no matter what tees you play from.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bring your A game! Usually the greens there are very firm, so when possible, land short of the pin - sometimes short of the green.

Don't go left on No. 1. Plenty of room to the right on number 2, a very cool par 5.

Don't try to figure out 18. Just hit it and hope. Ha

Greens for the most part are on the smaller side in my opinion. So your short game might get a work out.

Beautiful golf course though. Enjoy it! Good test no matter what tees you play from.

Thanks everyone! Hopefully my game will travel this trip; I'm in B'more this weekend for a wedding. Last time I played in MD a vicious hangover soundly defeated me. Happens. Should have better luck this time around.

Who's playing this weekend? I am not ... going to spend time on the boat and catch some fish on the last weekend of the summer. Golf will be here when I get back! :)

Who's playing this weekend? I am not ... going to spend time on the boat and catch some fish on the last weekend of the summer. Golf will be here when I get back! :)
No golf for me either. We have a wedding to go to in Orange VA. Not exactly sure where it is but that's what GPS is for haha

Playing 18 tomorrow at Andrews again. Might be my last round there until oct. This will be round #9 there and need to get other courses in the area a go still

It's open!! Top Golf in Loudoun County

ff0666c0ad7b07301e6d1a30f6eaa53d.jpg

It's open!! Top Golf in Loudoun County

ff0666c0ad7b07301e6d1a30f6eaa53d.jpg

Open open? I thought they were looking at sometime in October?

Open open? I thought they were looking at sometime in October?
Nope. September 3rd was grand opening ... a lot of people hitting balls already

Nope. September 3rd was grand opening ... a lot of people hitting balls already

Guess I know where I'll be having lunch one day next week :alien2:

Guess I know where I'll be having lunch one day next week :alien2:
The wife already knows where my new hangout is going to be after work ... at least 3 days a week!

The wife already knows where my new hangout is going to be after work ... at least 3 days a week!

So, what did you catch this weekend?

So, what did you catch this weekend?
Small rockfish, Spanish mackerel and a few surprising Bonita ... small member of the tuna family.

Small rockfish, Spanish mackerel and a few surprising Bonita ... small member of the tuna family.

Bonita's? Very interesting.. Don't think I have ever seen them up this way.

Bonita's? Very interesting.. Don't think I have ever seen them up this way.

Yep ... I was just as surprised as anyone for them to be in the Bay. But the salinity has been really high this summer. Too bad they aren't very good table fare.

This thread's been pretty quiet. Who's playing where this weekend?

This thread's been pretty quiet. Who's playing where this weekend?
Another weekend and no golf for this guy. Things are so busy now that the wife and I are back at work. I am hoping to get out at least 2 or 3 more times this Fall. We have a lot going on though but I am hoping we get nice ish weather up till Thanksgiving to extend my season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back