Cobra F7 Hybrid Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP Review of the new Cobra F7 is now up. You can read all of the details right here on the THP home page.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/cobra-f7-hybrid-review/

1-400x267.jpg

Having played the Apex, how would you compare the distance between the two?

Also I've never played the rail system Cobra implements. With these being more present due to the lofts vs the woods, is there a tendency to "dig" too much at impact?

Having played the Apex, how would you compare the distance between the two?

Also I've never played the rail system Cobra implements. With these being more present due to the lofts vs the woods, is there a tendency to "dig" too much at impact?

Thanks for reading Mike.

I hit the F7 longer than the Apex, about 5-8 yards so not a ton, but it's there. A lot of this is the F7 being lower spinning when I hit them side by side on monitor, which isn't surprising. The F7 is a prototypical hybrid while the Apex is more of an iron replacement.

I detailed it a good bit in the preview thread, but the rails help to alleviate digging by design by funneling debris and helping to stabilize the face angle as the sole is doing its job. Like mentioned in the review though, it responds better the more confident and aggressive the move into the ball is, for sure. It's a. Fun club, though still lower launching than I anticipated.

The rails have always been an interesting feature and for someone like me who gets steep sometimes I like those being there. I have a spot open in my bag around 16* spot and may just need to consider this one

How's the rails on firm grounds? Probably hard to test in this season, any comparisons?

Solid review, James. Love how you describe it as an all around type hybrid. May not be the "best" at one specific thing, but an all around performer is what I look for in a hybrid.

How's the rails on firm grounds? Probably hard to test in this season, any comparisons?
Oh, plenty of hard pan here year round, sadly hahaha. No issues there, though mentally the issue is making sure you don't trick yourself into thinking there will be an issue and get tentative with the swing. As with most of what I saw, the more confident and aggressive the swing, the more it performs.
Solid review, James. Love how you describe it as an all around type hybrid. May not be the "best" at one specific thing, but an all around performer is what I look for in a hybrid.
Thanks my friend, appreciate you reading it. I think you'd enjoy it, hell, I think you need a good bit of cobra in the bag this year.

Oh, plenty of hard pan here year round, sadly hahaha. No issues there, though mentally the issue is making sure you don't trick yourself into thinking there will be an issue and get tentative with the swing. As with most of what I saw, the more confident and aggressive the swing, the more it performs.

Thanks my friend, appreciate you reading it. I think you'd enjoy it, hell, I think you need a good bit of cobra in the bag this year.

Ive been impressed with what Cobra stuff I have hit recently, and this hybrid excites me. Sounds like it would be right for me. I havent carried a hybrid in a while because I havent found one that was just super versatile for my game. This could be the one.

I've been impressed with cobra hybrids in the past, and I like the rails in a hybrid a lot. An all around performer, to me, is what a hybrid needs to be. Great review Jman.

Nice review. Wished they made a 26-29* offering. Would love to have a 19/23/27* setup.

I detailed it a good bit in the preview thread, but the rails help to alleviate digging by design by funneling debris and helping to stabilize the face angle as the sole is doing its job. Like mentioned in the review though, it responds better the more confident and aggressive the move into the ball is, for sure. It's a. Fun club, though still lower launching than I anticipated.

Thanks for the reply. I asked about the deeper rails because as someone who doesn't get aggressive through the ball with hybrids I wondered if the rails would cause more issues than not. Sounds like that wouldn't be the case.

Very good review. I love the shape and feel of the club. Definetly need to spend some more time with it on a simulator because their is so much to like. rails are fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another great review James. As a Cobra homer, I'm paying closer attention to this line. I agree with your take on the addition of the rails to hybrids is underrated but should be huge. I like the $199 ppt.

The lower spin worries me a bit as I'm a low spin guy, but I definitely want to give this club a try. Perhaps in the 4-5.

When you say it's 5-8 yards longer do you mean carry or total distance? I do like the forgiveness aspect as well.

Do you think launch could be improved if you added a heavier weight?

Great review James, as someone that struggles with Hybrid consistency after reading this and hearing about the rails utilization and "potentially" a towering ball flight (or maybe less) I am certain intrigued and look forward to your updates.

Thanks for reading Mike.

I hit the F7 longer than the Apex, about 5-8 yards so not a ton, but it's there. A lot of this is the F7 being lower spinning when I hit them side by side on monitor, which isn't surprising. The F7 is a prototypical hybrid while the Apex is more of an iron replacement.

Forgot to ask on my initial post and may have missed it if it was in the review. Would you say because of the response from an aggressive move this would be geared more for a better player especially in the lower lofts like the 2h?

It seems that reviews of hybrids are generally the 3-4 hybrid. I think it would be great to see the higher lofted hybrid reviewed, too. It would be interesting to see the gapping. Thanks for the great view.

Great review James, thanks buddy! I am in the market for a new hybo or 2 this year and the pics you've got here make me think this is a must hit. I love that it's not to squared off in shape and that "mini fw" look and feel is nice to me. This one will definitely be on my list to try.

Another great review James. As a Cobra homer, I'm paying closer attention to this line. I agree with your take on the addition of the rails to hybrids is underrated but should be huge. I like the $199 ppt.

The lower spin worries me a bit as I'm a low spin guy, but I definitely want to give this club a try. Perhaps in the 4-5.

When you say it's 5-8 yards longer do you mean carry or total distance? I do like the forgiveness aspect as well.

Do you think launch could be improved if you added a heavier weight?

Yeah, total distance, but its not exactly apples to apples since I was fit for the Apex and get more launch out of it overall.

Forgot to ask on my initial post and may have missed it if it was in the review. Would you say because of the response from an aggressive move this would be geared more for a better player especially in the lower lofts like the 2h?

Nah, its actually one of the more playable all around hybrids I've hit in a while, a definitely MO for Cobra in their hybo's traditionally.

It seems that reviews of hybrids are generally the 3-4 hybrid. I think it would be great to see the higher lofted hybrid reviewed, too. It would be interesting to see the gapping. Thanks for the great view.

We do get some 23-25 range in from time to time, but yeah, mostly the 3hy as its the club most people traditionally add to the bag to replace irons, too many (IMO) still hold on the their 4 and 5 irons so the 3hy being the emphasis doesn't shock me. THis is one though I would have really loved the ability to hit all three side by side to see/monitor the flight and spin differences.

Great review James, thanks buddy! I am in the market for a new hybo or 2 this year and the pics you've got here make me think this is a must hit. I love that it's not to squared off in shape and that "mini fw" look and feel is nice to me. This one will definitely be on my list to try.

I think you'd enjoy it, I really do.

Another very thorough review. I appreciate your thoughts, James. I don’t have a hybrid in the bag, but this is one I would actually try. The rails add an interesting element and pretty cool how it works with the face adjustment.

nice review, this is another Hybrid I need to try out and this Price point is very attractive. Eventually I will find one that appeals to me and the rails and how they worked for you are a big selling point.

Enjoyed the review and from the images I saw (especially the sole) I was quite excited. Sadly I went to Cobra's website and saw it from the top. Eeek!

Enjoyed the review and from the images I saw (especially the sole) I was quite excited. Sadly I went to Cobra's website and saw it from the top. Eeek!
What do you mean?

Unfortunately I'm not a fan of how she looks from the top. I prefer the squared toe look you referenced in your review.

Informative, very well done review James. It referenced all of the items you had noted in the preview thread. As such, the characteristics you referenced seem to benefit a little bit of a different swing to mine so I'm not sure it's an ideal fit. This coming from a Cobra homer, but I'm definitely a sweeper and need launch.

The great thing about reviews here is that you learn why some designs may not work for you, in addition to which ones do.

Unfortunately I'm not a fan of how she looks from the top. I prefer the squared toe look you referenced in your review.
Ah, makes total sense dude. Gotcha.
Informative, very well done review James. It referenced all of the items you had noted in the preview thread. As such, the characteristics you referenced seem to benefit a little bit of a different swing to mine so I'm not sure it's an ideal fit. This coming from a Cobra homer, but I'm definitely a sweeper and need launch.

The great thing about reviews here is that you learn why some designs may not work for you, in addition to which ones do.
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. I'd really go hit it when you get the chance, particularly the higher lofts.

Back