Any New Years Resolutions in Golf?

Work on getting more consistent contact, having fun with golf again, and hopefully participating in a few THP events.

To play more and have fun! And maybe just maybe get into another THP event. ??

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

To quit obsessing over the small details (i.e. swing weights, putter length down to the mm, putter grips, etc) and just play golf and have fun!

Work hard at swing mechanics all winter so I can play golf and have fun on the course next season. And spend less on golf gear.... Hopefully.

Get in better shape so I can swing freely and more consistently.

I would like to continue building on the swing changes I made in 2016 which included a grip change and eliminating/minimizing swing flaws that caused me to hook.

Ultimately, I'm looking to shave off a few strokes off the handicap and get down to a single digit. I'd like to be part of that half of 1% below.

Per the video below (2:30 mark):
1. 25 million golfers in the United States
- 92% do NOT break 90
- Half of the 92% don't break 100
- 8.5% break 90 but don't break 80
- 0.5% break 80 135,000-150,000 assuming they play by the rules can break 80

Driver will be 2 years old, sooooooooo yeah poss a new driver.

Play and practice more!!!

Start working on my short game when it comes to practice.

Accept the fact that I probably will never be as good as I was once was before I gave up the game 5 years ago.

But, I don't need low scores to truly appreciate a early Saturday morning lacing up my shoes while sitting on the tailgate of my truck with a fresh coffee, and waiting on my old hooligan buddies to show up.

Or, walking a late back 9 on a drizzly day having the course to myself.

My new year's golf resolution will be about how much I appreciate the game and my friends.

Nothing more, and nothing less.

Just continue trying to improve my game, get in 2 or 3 THP events and play as much as I can!

My goal is to break Par once before I am too old to care which honestly is this year in my mind, getting much more fit now and got some new sticks and I actually intend to start practicing at least once or twice a week when not traveling.

I don't care it is on a 5,900 yd par 70 Course (which I play the most) or a 6,500 yd Par 72 or anything in between. The lowest I have been is 73 on a Par 72 and that was with a double on #1 and on 18. Many rounds have been in the 70's but always something happens to blow up the round, just have to stay in the game and finish one correctly just once. It would be the most special to do it at a THP Event or mini gathering, but pressure seems to kill my putting and it has to be a legit score not a shamble or something like that.

It is possible I think if the Putter is hot and no stupid mistakes are made, which is the hardest part of my game and tough to work on.

My resolution is to play more and try to get my rounds consistently below 90

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Get my body back to being as fit for golf as it was last spring. That means taking off 10 lbs and dedicating myself to my golf specific strength/flexibility routine once again.

Back