Bridgestone Extra Soft Golf Ball Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Details - Press Release
Bridgestone Golf, the #1 ball-fitter in golf, announced today the launch of its new Extra Soft golf ball. The Extra Soft builds off of the superb distance and feel golfers came to enjoy in the xFIXx model with an infusion of straighter ball flight and improved short-game control that can benefit all players.

The Extra Soft’s 2-piece construction features a soft ionomer cover and soft compression core for maximum distance and control. The Extra Soft core is designed to be compressed more fully at moderate clubhead speeds and leads to a reduction in spin producing straighter shots off the tee and from the fairway.

In terms of aerodynamic performance, the Bridgestone Extra Soft features Bridgestone’s patented 330-dimple pattern seamless cover, for the ultimate in flight consistency. The Extra Soft features a street price of $21.99 per dozen and is available now nationwide at Golfsmith stores, with wide retail availability beginning at all Bridgestone authorized retailers October 2015.

“We’ve seen increased distances off the tee resulting from the Extra Soft’s core during both robot and amateur testing,” said Adam Rehberg, Golf Ball Marketing, Bridgestone Golf, Inc. “For the money, you won’t find a better feeling or more consistent golf ball than Extra Soft. It truly is a tremendous value for recreational players.”

ExtraSoft-L.jpg

I'd hit it.

Love me some LOOOOOOW compression.

how much different will this be from the Lady Precept? Or is it practically that ball with a name that guys will buy?

FWIW, I think a lady precept labeled without the "lady" name is a great idea if that's more or less what this ends up being. it's a fantastic ball.

Whoa... consider me VERY intrigued. I freaking love a soft golf ball.

My brother actually found one of these balls about 3 weeks ago on the course. I had to do a double take looking at the ball because I haven't heard of it. He really enjoyed playing it and said he wanted to find some more of them.

If it combines the best of the Duo and the e6, I'm sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be trying these out, for sure.

If it combines the best of the Duo and the e6, I'm sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This for me exactly... especially as my winter ball.

Then all my gamers will be bridgestones and my life will be fulfilled. :act-up:

I'd hit it.

Used to play the xFIXx and enjoyed them quite a bit.

how much different will this be from the Lady Precept?

They are quite different including compression differences from 45 to 60.
They are closer the xFIXx with a softer and better feeling cover.

all of that and a great price point!

Wow! That's a really strong price point. May need to pick some of these up for this weekend.

JM

They are quite different including compression differences from 45 to 60.
They are closer the xFIXx with a softer and better feeling cover.

I might just have to pick some up then. that sounds like it could play like the lady precept but with potentially better distance off woods. Seems that it could be a great colder weather ball

Sounds like a great winter ball

Will definitely give it a try. Been enjoying the softer feeling types lately and tend to lean Bridgestone. Had to figure this was coming.

I love the sound of this ball. I will hit it

I like the duo and supersoft so Im sure Id like this ball

I will definitely try it. I have been using the Duo/Duo Spin as well as the SuperSoft lately.

If they came in yellow, I might give them a try. If not....I'll pass for now.

If these are offered in yellow I might have to give these a try, they sound like they could help me.

Might have found another option for a winter ball. I liked the chrome soft so might have to compare these two.

definately going to give this one a try.

Crazy good price there. I'd like to try it out.

I didn't think they could make the Fixx feel any softer. That's a great summer ball for me, have to give these a run over the distance rocks I've been playing.

Back