What Loft Is Your Driver?

I was fit to a 9* RBZ2 two years ago so I stuck with that when I got my BBA. I adjusted it up to 10* and have kept it there for the few rounds with the BBA 815.

I have a 10.5 head set at that. Tinkered around a bit, not fit for it.

My favorite driver I ever had though was a TM 200 steel 8.5* 90 gram stiff flex -1/4 inch

9*. Was not fit for it, but I like the ball flight I get with it.

10.5* head usually set to +1 at 11.5 degree. No fittings, just ball flights on the range. Never been comfortable with the thought of getting fitted...embarrassed I guess.

currently 9.5*. Was set to 10.5* for a majority of last year, but noticed I have a high ball flight relative to everyone else I played with, so I lowered it to get a more penetrating flight.
Love the results now that it is at 9.5*.

10.5*. Had it at 11.5 for awhile because I thought I needed to help the ball get in the air a little more. I'm becoming a better launcher of the ball, so I bumped it down to 10.5 to see if I could squeeze a little more distance out of it.

I got fitted and found the sldr s with 14 gave me the best results so I've gone with that. Had it about a year now and have to say it makes a difference. Mind you I have a fairly slow swing so it does make sense to loft up.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I play a 10.5 now, and have always tried to find a higher lofted head, and having one that can be adjusted helps, if I can, I like to go to the 12/13 range and crank it down a degree or so.

its a 9.5 at stock setting but I raised it one notch (via adjustable) to 10.25 and is where (when swinging well) I get a nice flight and distance.

9.5* dialed down to 8.5*. I chose this based on it giving me the best results across varying conditions from no roll fairways to dry Texas. I see a solid mid-flight and even a high-flight at times with the HZRDUS shaft...definitely higher than the Fuji 665 or TiNi.

10.5. I liked the ball flight when I moved up from 9.5. Curious of what it will be when I get fit in spring.

9* because I'm a dirty flipper. I got on a launch monitor with my coach and we tried different settings. 12* I was shooting them to the moon. 9* gave me the best distance. My launch was something like 13* with the club set to 9*.

9* because I'm a dirty flipper. I got on a launch monitor with my coach and we tried different settings. 12* I was shooting them to the moon. 9* gave me the best distance. My launch was something like 13* with the club set to 9*.
Sounds more like a driver spin issue than a launch angle issue

Sounds more like a driver spin issue than a launch angle issue
Nope, it's a swing issue. I flip, so I'm delivering bigtime dynamic loft. It wasn't ballooning high at 12*, it was launching at like 16-17*.

9.5* dialed down to 9* at golf smith. My other driver is a non adjustable at 9* . I hit both about the same height and distance.

9* from fitting and numbers from a sim

What Loft Is Your Driver?

12* XR fitted by trial and error on the course

I changed to 10.5D near the end of the summer, up from something in the 9 range.
I'm taking air time over run out these days.

I'm gaming a 10.5 Taylormade Superfast. Have tried others and always come back to this one. When I was fitted for irons last year the fitter looked at my woods and found them fine for my game. He said he would fit me with a 12* driver if he was building me one and when he measured my Superfast he found it was actually 11.5*. Also the shaft was within 2 cycles of what he would provide. No wonder I like it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

9.5 in draw setting. Surprisingly not too low at all. HZRDUS works well with Cobra LTD.

Back