Best bang for the buck equipment?

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
I was going through my old clubs and came across my old BioCell driver and it got me thinking that when it came out it was pretty reasonably priced and performed great for me. I think about how Cobra equipment can be had for relatively cheap a couple months after introduction and it seems to me they have had some of the best bang for the buck equipment the past few years.

Another example is the Cleveland putters. Their TFI 2135, and now Huntington Beach, have been some great values. What other clubs would you consider to be a good value?

Good examples. If it weren't for shipping (for me) I would say CPO. Their like new denomination is reasonably priced and with the discounts great deals can be had on industry leading equipment.

Wilson equipment, Callaway CPO, Adams irons, and used Bridgestone clubs.

Clevaland's HB and 2135 lines are crazy great values. I can't think any new gear that rivals it.

CPO.
Cobra drivers come to mind as well, as they always seemed to be decent.

Tour Edge and Wilson, any used product or preowned product can be had a good price as well.

CPO is a great call.

Paid $149 about a year ago for my Ping g30 driver. Clearly Roger Dunn made a pricing mistake. From 240 to 260 avg on my drives. Well worth the $$

I received an ad for an Adams FW 17 degree for 39 bucks. I figured what the heck so I bought it. Now I hit it consistently in the center of the club which gives it a nice high trajectory. It's been one of my best fw purchases in a long time. Go figure. I am not even carrying a 3 wood anymore.

Anything from Callaway pre owned. Anything Cleveland , anything Adams. Something's TaylorMade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen some good online deals on Adams FWs and hybrids and have had good success with recycled/refinished balls.

CPO and Wilson/Staff. The W/S iron sets I've bought used were less than $150 in almost mint condition a year after release.

Adams anything!! Great clubs that can be had for a very reasonable price!

Buying last years clubs and ebay

Buying last years clubs and ebay

Cobra seems to fly under the radar and have been doing some great things especially with their drivers. Their release cycles during that time have been very much like Taylormade in the past so with patience you can pick something up pretty cheap.

If someone is looking for "new" equipment, at a decent savings, I'd say Wilson Staff an earlier model year, and the same for Cobra. Really good quality clubs, with solid performance.

Totally agree on Cobra drivers being a fantastic value. The Fly Z was a steal for me and performed awesome.

Shipping or not CPO fits the bill for me.

Obviously I'm in to Cobra and I like tinkering with loft.

Like others stated, CPO is hard to beat.

Hate to be redundant but CPO really is very hard to beat especially the like new stuff which is sometimes brand new.

I think Cobra and W/S offer the best bang for the buck as far as OEMs go.
CPO and TPO bring them into the conversation but only 6 months after release.

About 1-1/2 to 2 years ago I bought some Cobra Amp Cell fwy woods. They were new in the plastic for $35-50 ea. They were on Ebay thru Global golf.
I also bought several shafts from them to test. The shafts were $12 ea free shipping. Had adapters installed and grips marked " Demo".
Also, 3 years ago I bought a new Cleveland Classic Xl driver for $89, free shipping.
I don't need the latest thing.
Wait until the new model comes out and buy the last model on sale.

Last edited:
CPO for me. Their sales like Black Friday are very good for the products they have and their customer service is top notch. I'm a club ho and I like eBay as well if you search it a lot and know what clubs are selling for price wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back