THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Everything on the wish list huh. This is going to be one heck of an event.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This being the first event I have really tried to get in to has got me super stoked! Looks like it will be super duper fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been excited for Regional Rivalry from the first mention of it last year. Then when the first two were announced and a third one coming I was hoping it would involve DMV. Then boom the announcement came and excitement level went up and RR became a must get in for me.

as the details have come out it's been exciting and with JB getting his wish list and hearing True temper is excited makes this an even bigger want for me.

I'm really excited to see it play out. This looks like an awesome event, I was really hoping to be able to play, but such is life. I'll keep on pulling for the Carolina team!

Which format does everyone feel their game suits best - individual heads up or pairs/partners? If it's pairs, what format do you feel most comfortable with?

For me, I think my game matches up very well with a shamble. I drive the ball well, but sometimes get erratic with my irons. Having a strong iron player with me makes a pretty formidable team.

Which format does everyone feel their game suits best - individual heads up or pairs/partners? If it's pairs, what format do you feel most comfortable with?

For me, I think my game matches up very well with a shamble. I drive the ball well, but sometimes get erratic with my irons. Having a strong iron player with me makes a pretty formidable team.

I like alternate shot. It's nice to feed off your partner and vice Versa.

I like shambles just because I can get wild off the tee. My iron game is usually decent. Honestly the only format I struggle with is alt shot. You and your partner need to be so in sync in alt shot it can either be amazing or a struggle all day.

I like shambles just because I can get wild off the tee. My iron game is usually decent. Honestly the only format I struggle with is alt shot. You and your partner need to be so in sync in alt shot it can either be amazing or a struggle all day.

That is true. I have had good success with alt shot. Never played shamble format. Enlighten me please

That is true. I have had good success with alt shot. Never played shamble format. Enlighten me please

Best drive is used between you and your partner but from that point on you play your own ball.

Ok. We play that at my club and just call a scramble

Usually we play 3 man scramble and 1 best ball

Best drive is used between you and your partner but from that point on you play your own ball.

I really like that format. As said before one of us can get crazy with the tee shot and of need be one can play conservative.

Alt shot is tough. It can be hard to get into a rhythm.

I like shamble, gives you 2 chances at a good tee shot.

B
Alt shot is tough. It can be hard to get into a rhythm.

But man if you and your partner are in sync and things are going right you can post some good numbers. However now being on the same page shamble is quod format

My format preferences appears to be consistent with yours. My least favorite format is alternate shot. I much prefer formats where I am mostly playing my own ball. I say that because I perceive those formats to be the ones where I would be least likely to let my partner down. While I understand this event will be competitive and challenging, I am ever so glad to hear the captains and others suggest that the priority of the event is to have a good time with friends and an enjoyable experience. I'm not sure I can even express how significant that is to me. In such an environment, if alternate shot is included in the formats, I can handle it.

I'm excited because this is the first ever THP event that I have a realistic chance of attending. Normally travel and lodging puts them WAY out of my meager budget (despite having 3 jobs). But this is less than 1 1/2 hrs away. AND on a date that I actually should be able to make (despite having 3 jobs).

Just remember there are Virginian's in the southern part of the state too. You know... I could easily slip across the border and do some recon... just saying.

That is my favorite format. Locally, that's known as a "Florida Scramble". As I think I noted previously, in such a format, I was partnered with a young buck that could hit the 300 yard drives. I played from places I had never been before, it was one of the most enjoyable rounds I've ever had. Our gross score, beat the low net. Put me with a partner that can pound those long drives and we ain't gonna lose.

That is my favorite format. Locally, that's known as a "Florida Scramble". As I think I noted previously, in such a format, I was partnered with a young buck that could hit the 300 yard drives. I played from places I had never been before, it was one of the most enjoyable rounds I've ever had. Our gross score, beat the low net. Put me with a partner that can pound those long drives and we ain't gonna lose.

I played with a long hitter like that once, we went from hitting 5 iron for the second shot to 9 iron using his drive. Greens sure look bigger that close!

Alt shot is a fun format but also tough. I have had some success in this format with two different guys but our games were very similar and we were able to feed off each other but I have played with a couple guys and we struggled together.

i don't have a preference but shamble might have a slight advantage

I'd say shamble. If I get paired with a big hitter, I'm a pretty good short iron player. Never played alternate shot - think that would be very interesting. Might put people in some uncomfortable spots - which will reveal a lot about the players I would think!

Wow! True Temper is excited!

The MVP trip!!! Holy ****!

We went in with a wish list and they loved every single thing on it

When it comes to single day events this would be at the top for me. #ChangeTheGame

Yes sir

Tie all of those posts together and if doesn't get you fired up for this event....I'm not sure what it would take.

The No. 1 shaft company in golf is excited, that's pretty effing cool!

I just followed @truetempergolf on Instagram they are a good follow.

Tie all of those posts together and if doesn't get you fired up for this event....I'm not sure what it would take.

The No. 1 shaft company in golf is excited, that's pretty effing cool!
Excitement abounds O Captain my Captains!
Love the fact that the best shaft company (IMHO) in the world is a proud sponsor of THP!
JB ... what did you pitch them??

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've got a feeling TT is gonna bring it as part of these events. They knocked it out of the park (range?) at the handmade experience last fall. Really looking forward to the reveals.

Question ... O' Captain My Captains

Are there any plans during the round, for say, other "contests?"
Like closest to the pin, long drive, etc ... just to keep it interesting.
I remember something like JB handing out SWAG (t-shirts etc) if you hit the green or something like that.
Just curious

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back