Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have absolutely no idea just how wonderful positive comments are in regards to reviews.

I am sure James and Dean share the same sentiment --- But I just had to get in here and say that positive comments I've been getting recently have genuinely made my week. It makes the whole process worth it.

I'm still very new it at, but man this morning was fun. Picked up my phone and saw there were tweets out about the review. Check my email to already see a bunch of comments, not to mention posts in the thread. Really gave me that happy feeling.
Really hats off to you guys. I know to most it seems like the best thing in the world to get clubs to demo/play and to write about them.

But having done a few reviews (in a previous online life) I know how much work goes into the entire process, the time to get out, getting numbers, taking quality and plenty of pics, taking notes, looking like a mad scientist to everyone else on the range, then all the work that goes into trying to put all that into a concise and comprehensible article by deadline is so so so much harder than most anybody realizes.

Thanks for all you guys do, it really is a valuable service to everyone here member and guest alike.

So that internal job I interviewed for last week; it seems like I'm getting it. Bossman said I should be getting a call from HR, but nothing yet. :shrug:
But I'll wait, because this is going to be a pretty cool gig and I'll learn some new stuff to broaden my horizons.
I'll basically be kind of reverse engineering a bunch of equipment on our older jets and bombers that were never designed in CAD or anything so there's no 3D models.
Imagine taking an old P51 Mustang gun system and tearing it down to it's smallest part, scanning and measuring each part into some software that creates 3D models, putting it all back together again so that the model actually works and the Air Force can do analyses and stress tests and such without actually using the equipment. So imagine an inanimate object and turning it into this. (but not that of course)

I get to learn how to use a FARO Arm, some fancy modeling software, CAD, and probably a few other things in the process.
Since I played with bombs, missiles, and guns and all the things that drop, launch, and fire them for 21 years, I'll be the 'subject matter expert' and (supposed) genius and go-to guy for the real engineers that will be on the project. I get to be the 'dirty hands' guy and tear everything down to the smallest component so they can be measured and scanned. But they already told me they want me to jump in and learn all that engineer stuff above, too.
The biggest challenge will be tearing down the module that the B-1 bomber carries. It's something like 11ft X 5ft x 6ft and you have to use a 10k forklift to tote it around. It can carry and eject 28 500lb bombs from the belly of a B1. And I'll be going to Texas for like a month to do this one.

I get to learn all about that Texas golf!!!
OK sorry to ramble and bore ya with details. Just excited.:banana:

My "golf equipment guy" is probably picking up Callaway/Odyssey next month... Somewhere other than GG is awesome.

So that internal job I interviewed for last week; it seems like I'm getting it. Bossman said I should be getting a call from HR, but nothing yet. :shrug:
But I'll wait, because this is going to be a pretty cool gig and I'll learn some new stuff to broaden my horizons.
I'll basically be kind of reverse engineering a bunch of equipment on our older jets and bombers that were never designed in CAD or anything so there's no 3D models.
Imagine taking an old P51 Mustang gun system and tearing it down to it's smallest part, scanning and measuring each part into some software that creates 3D models, putting it all back together again so that the model actually works and the Air Force can do analyses and stress tests and such without actually using the equipment. So imagine an inanimate object and turning it into this. (but not that of course)

I get to learn how to use a FARO Arm, some fancy modeling software, CAD, and probably a few other things in the process.
Since I played with bombs, missiles, and guns and all the things that drop, launch, and fire them for 21 years, I'll be the 'subject matter expert' and (supposed) genius and go-to guy for the real engineers that will be on the project. I get to be the 'dirty hands' guy and tear everything down to the smallest component so they can be measured and scanned. But they already told me they want me to jump in and learn all that engineer stuff above, too.
The biggest challenge will be tearing down the module that the B-1 bomber carries. It's something like 11ft X 5ft x 6ft and you have to use a 10k forklift to tote it around. It can carry and eject 28 500lb bombs from the belly of a B1. And I'll be going to Texas for like a month to do this one.

Sean, you are such a nerd!

Spoiler
Congratluations buddy!!!

that sounds very interesting, congrats

That sounds great Toad...I didn't understand pretty much any of what you said, but it sounds very cool.

My internal opportunities that I mentioned a week or so ago, seem to be stalled. My Director said I should be hearing from one of the VP's soon, but nothing yet. Although he was out of town at a conference this week. So I'm waiting and of course in full blown outside search mode as well.

If I understand all of that right, Toad gets to be a big little kid with airplanes and that's awesome

Stacking good days! Got a few more jobs tonight, and a good amount of driving...

I don't care!
Bring it on!

That all sounds cooler than cool!

My Happy(s) for the day:

• THP'ers at a GREAT company for an awesome event.
  • Golf Talk.
  • No bull---- internet drama.
  • Charlotte Jo Miles.

My Happy(s) for the day:

• Charlotte Jo Miles.
  • Golf Talk.

FIFY

My Happy(s) for the day:

• Charlotte Jo Miles.
  • Golf Talk.
  • Thoughts of the Texas thumping that's about to occur in 24 hours.

FIFY2 :D

I swung a golf club last night for the first time since August. My back is finally in shape enough for it. Still pain free this morning, and I still have my swing (thank goodness).

Also I got to test-hit the driver I've got coming and was nutting it a good 20 yards further than my D200 or Adams Blue, at least according to the launch monitor, and that was only with a half dozen swings. I'm pretty sure that with a little practice I'll be able to really get after it and put my short-hitting days behind me.

My Happy(s) for the day:

• Golf Talk.
  • Charlotte Jo Miles.

I am not included in this list.

I am super offended.

Wah wah.

etc.

I am not included in this list.

I am super offended.

Wah wah.

etc.

You forgot to go make a whiny twitter post about feeling un-included, you KNOW thats part of the protocol Dan! GET IT RIGHT!

Truth!

Lord I hope so! It'll be closer than it should be I fear!

Also, another happy, being a golf coach has its perks out there....wow.

Do you at least get to play or hit balls while you "coach"? I mean you have to show them how to do it properly, right.

Do you at least get to play or hit balls while you "coach"? I mean you have to show them how to do it properly, right.

I do play with a different group every day, several of the kids have pro's they go see for lessons so I don't interfere there, but I can help with a lot of the on course thought process and mental side. Its going to be an incredibly fun thing, that might keep me in teaching until I can help get this thing turned around.

I do play with a different group every day, several of the kids have pro's they go see for lessons so I don't interfere there, but I can help with a lot of the on course thought process and mental side. Its going to be an incredibly fun thing, that might keep me in teaching until I can help get this thing turned around.
Awesome. I wish I would have played in high school.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

My Happy(s) for the day:

The day is still young and I just got to work :bomb:

Getting paid $150 to house sit this weekend. Off to the marketplace :alien:

Tera comes home tomorrow!

They laid to rest her nephew today and she said everything went well. Never really a happy time but they were able to celebrate his life. I MISS HER

The Happy Thread

For the first time in NINE YEARS, I'm drinking coffee this morning to a Mets playoff win last night!

Last edited:
On my way west to see my baby girl! Haven't seen her since the end of July.

The external job opportunities took a huge huge leap forward yesterday. . It's too early to say anything publicly as nothing is offical yet. One final step Monday. . But I have been told it's just a formality.

If that's the case, I'll own the Happy thread next week.

Sorry for the bit of over enthusiasm. But this whole fiasco has taken a toll on me and it was nice to end the week on such a high.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back