Poochgolfer11

Reaction score
Handicap
With the new year coming I would love to hear everyone's ideal year in terms of how they will play and equipment predictions. Will you play 70 rounds? Will you have the same bag at the end of the year? Will you improve your handicap by 2? Will you make it into thp events or other golf events?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine would be to definitely play in my first thp event. Probably change my irons this year but hoping that's it. I also have a pro am in June and hope to improve my handicap by 2.

Ideally, I have fun every round I play. And I play enough to get better this season without taking away from my family. And getting that 5X HOF belt buckle would be sweet

I would like to cut back on my rounds in 2017 but make the golf I play more meaningful. It's safe to say 1/3 of the rounds I play are not serious and I'm distracted and end up not having the best time. My commitment in this new year is to not play if I can't fully invest in the round. Heck, if I don't play 1/3 of the time I'm still getting in 75 to 80 rounds and that really isn't bad. I also want to work in 2 nice trips this year, already have Scotland on tap for 18 rounds in 10 days and I'll likely head to Pebble next August for another trip through PB, SH, MPGC, and SB, possibly Poppy Hills if time permits.

I'm Def intrigued by the thp events and need to learn more. I want to improve my putting and driver to help drop my score. Also play more new to me courses

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I won't have the same bag. I'm constantly tinkering and making changes. And I hope to get in at least 80 to 90 rounds next year. I'm really just hoping to improve and lower the handicap a bit. And to play smarter golf.

New set of irons is on the way. Never thought I'd be gaming the Hogans in 2017.

I signed up for a simulator league that starts next week, so this will be the first winter where I get a lot of swing work in.

I just want to golf more and meet more people from THP. The Chicago unofficial top golf event in Feb is going to be fun.

Get into an event or two!

2017 is already shaping up to be a great year. Now to attack the handicap. I don't want to chase a number, because I know that if I put in the work, the scores should drop.

I replaced every club last year( Thanks THP and Callaway) so I'm probably set there. I would like to get down to around a 10 handicap, make a couple of THP events and play more with local THPers.

Play at least once a week, every week. Drop my handicap down to a 5. Have fun every single round. And most importantly, attend at least one THP event.

I'd like to play the same amount as I did this year (roughly once a week), hopefully including another THP event or two, practice more to lower my handicap to ~12 and just have fun.

ideally i'll be able to tick some financial goals off the list and be able to afford some new clubs. i do love my setup, but there's some stuff out there i'd like to game. just not in the cards right now.

i'm also hoping to play more golf. i have played 33 times this year vs 42 (i think it was more but can't confirm) last year. i think i'm down almost a full round per month. some of that is from a long vacation i had at a time when i'm normally playing lots of golf, but the main reason is that work has been really tough and we have been a full cpa down for a huge part of this year with me picking up her workload. i'm fine with that, and i'm glad we have the work in the first place, i would just hope that in 2017 i can get back into the 40s or even 50s.

My ideal year would definitely be getting out once a week. I have such busy summers that I have let golf take the back burner, and it shows anytime I get out.

I would love to get 24 rounds in this year.

70 rounds---yes (or if not real close)
Same bag at the end of the year....0% chance thanks to the Grandaddy
Improve Index by 2--I think it will beclose, if I can keep the swing momentum going, and get some sort of resemblance of a short game, I think I can.
I will participate in at least 1 (and hopefully a few more) THP events, as well as a few other golf weekends.

Play twice a week, play in several THP events, continue improving my overall game. Have as much fun as possible.

I will probably not play as many rounds as last year due to having a baby in June but I still plan on get a fair amount of golf in. I will be making a complete bag change as soon as the Wilson V6 are released. it was so much fun last year playing in the Staff Proto event and meeting the awesome people in person from THP and I hope to make another event this year. I would like to drop my handicap some more but all I really care about is beating you Poochgolfer11 and maybe Pringles when he's having a bad day :alien:

I will probably not play as many rounds as last year due to having a baby in June but I still plan on get a fair amount of golf in. I will be making a complete bag change as soon as the Wilson V6 are released. it was so much fun last year playing in the Staff Proto event and meeting the awesome people in person from THP and I hope to make another event this year. I would like to drop my handicap some more but all I really care about is beating you Poochgolfer11 and maybe Pringles when he's having a bad day :alien:

Is this an early call out? Bring it on!

Well, I'm going to go with the optimistic approach.

-60-ish rounds in 2017
-Play with THPers both informally and in THP events
-Drop handicap to 10. Yes, I know that's a big jump but I dropped 10 points in 2016 and I'm going to continue to improve.

Back