The Bryson Dechambeau Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobra. Puma.

Which would be great for them. Even if he doesn't play their clubs lol people will somehow think cobra makes his irons

Which would be great for them. Even if he doesn't play their clubs lol people will somehow think cobra makes his irons

He'll have a set in the bag, soon.

I would venture to say that whoever he signs with, he will be playing their clubs : )

He'll have a set in the bag, soon.

I would venture to say that whoever he signs with, he will be playing their clubs : )

Ya my post came across wrong. Was trying to say that the minute he signs with cobra people are gonna think the set he has now are Cobras

I wonder if he'll stick with the Edel Torque Balance putter since he won't be gaming their irons any more? If not, new Toe Up or???

I wonder if he'll stick with the Edel Torque Balance putter since he won't be gaming their irons any more? If not, new Toe Up or???
Probably a Scotty that's a one off.

Gotta get paid.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

He's going to be star, at least for a little while! Hopefully longer!!!

I am sure we will be getting the announcement Monday or Tuesday about him signing with cobra and putting a new set of cobra clubs, irons included, into the bag for his first pro event. Looking forward to the witb.

It is the only time I have actually cared about a witb for pretty much any player, let alone a rookie who just turned pro. I think that in of itself shows Cobra will benefit from signing.

The only way he's putting Cobra in the bag is if they have developed a perimeter weighted single length design. His swing mechanics don't work with classic irons.

I imagine we are going to get a pretty awesome press release detailing the creation of his 1 off Cobra set this week as well.

The only way he's putting Cobra in the bag is if they have developed a perimeter weighted single length design. His swing mechanics don't work with classic irons.

i would think that's a package deal with this kid. i can't imagine he would sign with anyone who would make him fit into "normal" clubs.

He already played in an amateur tournament with a set of custom Cobra King Forged MB irons.

Really hoping to see a strong finish at the Masters for Bryson tomorrow.

Final round as an amateur, finish strong!

More likely to see Cobra release their own line or do a collaboration with Edel. The same way Bettinardi has done with Mizuno and Ben Hogan. I can't see them happy for him to have a different putter sponsor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Think he is a great get for cobra. I am really interested to see the clubs he plays and how it all works with his set up. The kid is really talented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant wait to see what setup cobra has for him and if they release it at all

The problem with them releasing something like this if the amount of customization that goes along with it.

Unless you have a personal tour rep or access to a real good guy and a lot of money this will never work.

The problem with them releasing something like this if the amount of customization that goes along with it.

Unless you have a personal tour rep or access to a real good guy and a lot of money this will never work.

A brand will have to release it, if he turns into what most expect. The issue really is re-education. One of the biggest problems with change (whether good or bad) is the cost to educate. When you break it down, it comes down to that with any consumer device. Cost of acquisition of a consumer and something with major changes, is even more expensive.

What you will find however, is golfers that struggle, flocking to this for a quick fix, because in their mind, they hit a 7 iron really well compared to the rest of their clubs. Its faulty logic, but at the same time sound logic for the individual.

A brand will have to release it, if he turns into what most expect. The issue really is re-education. One of the biggest problems with change (whether good or bad) is the cost to educate. When you break it down, it comes down to that with any consumer device. Cost of acquisition of a consumer and something with major changes, is even more expensive.

What you will find however, is golfers that struggle, flocking to this for a quick fix, because in their mind, they hit a 7 iron really well compared to the rest of their clubs. Its faulty logic, but at the same time sound logic for the individual.
No doubt it will sell because most people don't realize the amount of tweaking that goes into his set to make it work.

This will be a disaster for a guy that shows up to golf Galaxy and buys a fresh OTR set.

The Bryson Dechambeau Effect

No doubt it will sell because most people don't realize the amount of tweaking that goes into his set to make it work.

This will be a disaster for a guy that shows up to golf Galaxy and buys a fresh OTR set.

The single length thing has been done before and sold OTR I believe. I would think it's possible to buy a set and have them work, I don't know that they would work well. I would imagine that there are more tweaks need to the players swing mechanics than the equipment, especially if the equipment is designed to be used in a single length set, if it's built with the heads weighted appropriately I think it could work. I still think the average Joe is going to have a hard time getting it to work just because they'll have to make a huge swing change.

I wonder if he's signed with a different clothing company than Puma. Somehow I just can't see him decked out like Fowler. He seems like he would fit better at Ashworth, or Linksoul or Travis Matthew than Puma. I'll be very interested to see.

He's already been wearing Puma pants, shirt and shoes all tournament. DeLaet wears Puma and it's less "Fowleresque".

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The single length thing has been done before and sold OTR I believe. I would think it's possible to buy a set and have them work, I don't know that they would work well. I would imagine that there are more tweaks need to the players swing mechanics than the equipment, especially if the equipment is designed to be used in a single length set, if it's built with the heads weighted appropriately I think it could work. I still think the average Joe is going to have a hard time getting it to work just because they'll have to make a huge swing change.

I wonder if he's signed with a different clothing company than Puma. Somehow I just can't see him decked out like Fowler. He seems like he would fit better at Ashworth, or Linksoul or Travis Matthew than Puma. I'll be very interested to see.
They actually have really classy clothes only Fowler goes out there looking like a circus ringmaster. Jonas Blixt a little as well.

Richie's are a little loud for my tastes.

He's already been wearing Puma pants, shirt and shoes all tournament. DeLaet wears Puma and it's less "Fowleresque".

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

They actually have really classy clothes only Fowler goes out there looking like a circus ringmaster. Jonas Blixt a little as well.

Huh.... Did not know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back