Ball Hoarders Question

Phil75070

Proud Member of Team THP - 2018 #TheGrandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.3
With the mania surrounding the KSig it has become obvious that many of us will hoard balls. Maybe we like the performance of a given ball and fear they won't always be around or readily available. Curious to see what balls that were introduced at least 3 years ago people have seen worthy enough to hoard and still have to this day. In my case it was both the TM TP Red and Black LDP's. I still have one remaining dozen of the Blacks.

I still have some TM Lethal. A while back they had practice stamped for $10 a dozen so I bought a bunch.

Years ago I hoarded the Maxfli Revolution ball, a few dozen. Up until the release of the K-Sig I haven't bought anything in bulk. Speaking of the K-Sig, I bought too many IMO so I'm actively giving them to playing partners now...

They aren't as old as some already listed, but I still have/play the 2014 Tour Preferred X golf balls.

I haven't really hoarded since I was only starting to become a golf nut three years ago, but like the OP, I do really like those TM balls so I'll grab some if I see them.

I still have some 2012 Bridgestone B330-RX and 2013 Srixon Z Star balls hanging around that are unused.

SNELL MTB's for me

Three years ago I had not yet been introduced to THP, so the concept of hoarding golf balls was still foreign to me. That being said, if I came across a stash of balls of that vintage to buy, it would be the Lethal.

I don't hoard past performing balls. I use the latest and greatest and what I was fit for.

For me it was the 2007 Pro V1x. I did not like the 09 version at first, so I bought up most of the remaining 07 balls that I could find locally. When those ran out I scoured eBay and caused a small run on them. I think I had around 20 dozen at one point. This was all after the 2009 season. Of course, in 2010 I gave the 09 another shot during a stretch of poor play and suddenly I found some form and played well...so I had to keep playing the 09. LOL

Eventually I ended up giving some away to friends and then the rest (half?) ended up in the shag bag.

me? hoard? no way

K36JWtb.jpg

Might have you beat: about 50-dozen of the RZN TP's on hand (and several more dozen e6's for the spring and fall)! Absolutely love that ball and will be playing it for a while. The more I fiddle with Nike gear, the more I'm saddened with their departure from the equipment market. Now I'll be looking for the rest of Rory's stash on eBay one of these days - the jerk!

Last edited:
db35138f5414e32583b0b428af87085e.jpg

6dbff5827c21e6daa544f350d5038194.jpg

All Chromesoft double dot that were in the back of my truck. I like balls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back