THP Event Random Memories Thread

I've only been in two events, but have tons of random memories....maybe because I'm pretty random.

Bridgestone Event 2015 at Mission Inn...
The day before the event started Fupresti, MikeG, GolfinFF and I were playing and GolfinFF kept calling Mike, "Adam". On the 13th hole after GolfinFF says, "Adam" 3 times and tosses a ball to Mike, which hit him in the shoulder because he wasn't looking, GolfinFF says, "I said your name 3 times. Why didn't you look up?" Mike says, "You realize that I'm Mike and <points to me> that Adam. I mean we only hung out all last night, stayed in the same villa and have played 13 holes and all..." I then chimed in and said, "Mike's the majority-minority. I'm just the "minority". I'm black, he's not. I get that the music we're listening to in the cart, which was Rick Ross at the time, can be confusing." Mike then says, "We're two brothers, divided by a street." To which Frupri added, "And that street is MLK Drive." I spent the next 2 holes laughing so hard I could barely hit the ball.

Morgan Cup 2012 Myrtle Beach
We are all square on 18 at Caledonia after our opponents make 2 long putts on back to back holes to push us to 18. P4B hits a great drive and its my turn to hit the approach shot...Needless to say...We were gellen like a felon. And no, those 2 balls showing in the still of the video below are not mine...

AMAZING!

That match was absolutely unreal. So much fun and it ended very fittingly as Bradd made his birdie putt to halve the match. One of my best memories on a golf course ever.

2014 #TheKing at Omni Championsgate

After the first day's matches, captaincaution, TeedUpThoughts, Jjmorris, and myself are prowling around the lazy river area and getting drinks before dinner. We grab our drinks and start floating, only to find Hashtag and ScottyG floating around with drinks as well, and start shooting the sh** and having a grand old time talking about anything and everything and floating aimlessly.

The post script is that captaincaution met a group of dudes behind us who worked for an engineering firm in Ohio where he was looking to possibly move. Long story short, it ended up being the connection that he needed to find a gig. #LazyRiverNetworking

2015 Love Is In The Air Orlando

Watching people get out of the pool during a rain storm sat before dinner only to get back in the water when the rain stopped.
Not I. Stayed in the pool like a champ. That was aggressive/painful rain though haha

I have a couple more that stand out.

This was my first ever round with THP'ers at an outing at PGA National. This was a quick 9 arrival round with Kellybo, Ole Gray and Hawk. First time playing with people that would become lifelong friends! That weekend changed my life!

60946_1620891369313_7763424_n_zpstmamzorm.jpg
!!!

And this....no words necessary. I love these boys!!!!

1002871_10201610722531632_1428852571_n_zpsnd6xgmaf.jpg

2014 #TheGauntlet

Sunday morning round playing with Canes, Orange Hog and EaglevsFalcon.

Canes was stacking every par 3 shot within 2 feet. EvF has a bunker shot that has to go in so we can halve the hole at least. Ball comes out, takes a couple hops and flies in.

I think Canes and OH may have cheered louder than Nate or I to be honest. It's just who they are though. Awesome round to be a part of

Thanks JB for this thread. Now work sucks and I need some THP events in my life...

Last year at the Bridgestone championship, Shane running around claiming someone stole his shoes and telling everyone who would listen. #priceless.

what kind of man takes another man's shoes? LMAO

2014 THP Championship PGA National

smoking cigars with Hawk at the humidor in PGA National. Just us hanging out with 4 other hispanic men who were louder than the 45 THPers in the game room next door. Also we took some crazy awesome selfies that weekend.

This was my first ever round with THP'ers at an outing at PGA National. This was a quick 9 arrival round with Kellybo, Ole Gray and Hawk. First time playing with people that would become lifelong friends! That weekend changed my life!

!!!

Good times.

smoking cigars with Hawk at the humidor in PGA National. Just us hanging out with 4 other hispanic men who were louder than the 45 THPers in the game room next door. Also we took some crazy awesome selfies that weekend.

Do I remember giving the lady that worked there a beer and she drank it on the clock? LOL.

2014 Morgan Cup.

THE CART WAS IN NEUTRAL!!!!!

Trying to get Ray (teedupthoughts) a new cell phone in Orlando during #TheKing 2014.

Same event, telling Hashtag that squares are, in fact, better than circles.

2014 The Gauntlet
Lighthouse mission with Blugold & Orange Hog

From the recap thread...

So for months I had been joking with Orange Hog and Blugold that I wanted to have a beer on top of that effing Lighthouse. It was kind of a bucket list type of thing I guess. We had a couple hours to kill so we drove over to the Sea Pines resort. The $6 admission was totally worth it. Somehow we ended up parking by the villas on #18 fairway and walked between them to check it out. The view from the fairway was pretty sweet but you could not see the lighthouse from our view point. It needed to come out in the picture of #18 green so I decided to run (not trespass jhstew1!) out onto the fairway even though a group was on the tee. Okay now that I got a pic of that lighthouse it was time to see it up close. I convinced these guys to drive over and we entered what was a museum entrance at the base of the light house. I asked if we can have some beers at the top and the lady said sure thing so long as we get her an apple cider. Blu bought the round, I paid for the admission, the lady couldn’t believe we took her seriously and we had a toast to Team Finley on top of the effing lighthouse!

#18 Green at Harbor Town

Team Finley… Cheers!

Do I remember giving the lady that worked there a beer and she drank it on the clock? LOL.

I'm pretty sure we stole some of Pete's beer and gave her one.

Hahahaha. Yay!

!!!

This was our first event too! Yup good times for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, here's one.

At PGA National in spring 2011 I think. Dinner at the downstairs bar with the infamous Weider. Nobody got their food or got what they actually ordered and one guy got the check for 30 something people. He obviously objects. They follow us upstairs, only to have to deal with a slightly drunk and very agitated Erica. I think her words were, we all have the money to pay, but we can't help it if you hire idiots.

2014 MC sitting in a room with my team watching naked dating laughing hysterically as Hawk told Hawk stories. No better stories than Hawk stories. Thats a fact.

2013 Chicago invitational - Sgt Slaughter and ATL destroying the demo driver
2013 Las Vegas - Everything coming together perfectly after the last minute course switch. Watching Freddie shank a drive 50 yds into the desert and still make par
2014 Indy - THP invading the PGA store after the round. JB laughing at us as he destroyed the odds in his bet on fairways hit on the first hole.

SO many.

The Villa Crawl @ Reunion. All of it.

Callaway's JRod dropping trou on the green, not knowing Rhi was standing behind a bush 40 yards away.

Demo Day @ Grand Cypress. Two things. My wife, who is very, very afraid of gators, having a couple drinks and going out to the lake behind the clubhouse and taking pictures with one right behind her.
Also, the ten-some that developed on the course with nothing but laughter and music and great freaking times being had.

v.man will get this one.
Spoiler
DSC00607.jpg
True Blue - Myrtle Invitational

One of my absolute favorites was when Smithfaced went over to make a Veteran's day by thanking him for his service in WWII. It was a great thing to witness quietly as I watched the gentleman's face light up as they discussed his history for a moment. [Sarasota - 2013]
Spoiler
IMAG0457_zps73a7b544.jpg

Ultimately, though, there is this:
One of my fave THP pics ever.
Spoiler
DSC00649_zps28d25f8a.jpg

*Honorable mention to JB for continuing to play in the rain in ATL's Trophy Club despite his hatred of moisture in the sky.
Spoiler
IMAG0327_zpsbb5b2da9.jpg

SO many.

The Villa Crawl @ Reunion. All of it.

Callaway's JRod dropping trou on the green, not knowing Rhi was standing behind a bush 40 yards away.

Demo Day @ Grand Cypress. Two things. My wife, who is very, very afraid of gators, having a couple drinks and going out to the lake behind the clubhouse and taking pictures with one right behind her.
Also, the ten-some that developed on the course with nothing but laughter and music and great freaking times being had.

v.man will get this one.
Spoiler
DSC00607.jpg

One of my absolute favorites was when Smithfaced went over to make a Veteran's day by thanking him for his service in WWII. It was a great thing to witness quietly as I watched the gentleman's face light up as they discussed his history for a moment. [Sarasota - 2013]
Spoiler
IMAG0457_zps73a7b544.jpg

Ultimately, though, there is this:
One of my fave THP pics ever.
Spoiler
DSC00649_zps28d25f8a.jpg

*Honorable mention to JB for continuing to play in the rain in ATL's Trophy Club despite his hatred of moisture in the sky.
Spoiler
IMAG0327_zpsbb5b2da9.jpg

I cant believe you would leave off the "mark" that Wardy made on everyone in the hotel room in Atlanta....

Back