DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me know if you can grab a time, I'm definitely interested.
Booked a 9:51 time on Sunday. Think it is $51. Let me know who else wants in.

1. BigTex
2. #Cookie
3. ?
4. ?

Cool; thanks man! Definitely in. Should be like $36 walking I believe.

Been in the city since Jan 1 and have played some courses in the area but am looking for a group to go out with. I look forward to meeting some of yall
I know this is an older post, but there is a good chance for you to meet some of the guys this weekend.
You need to look at possibly hooking up with the guys this weekend at Grapevine. Fun course, funner group. Start meeting some of the locals. DFW crew is actually pretty big, but everyone has been busy this year.

Forgot what time we are meeting Saturday. Trying to get plans together.
We still have room for one more and their wife/SO to dine with some of us local folks at http://www.farinaswinery.com/ in Grapevine next Saturday night.

A Bruce Springsteen tribute band will be playing a Tolberts and Monkey Love Band (70's-80's rock/party) will be at Willhoites if you want to see some late night entertainment after dinner. Come early a check out downtown Grapevine or stay late, it will be a good time.

I would volunteer, But I'm already coming. WE are really excited about Saturday. Can't wait for my wife to meet those she hasn't already had the pleasure to meet. Then she can put a face to those that I spend my weekends with.
Still have room for one more couple too.

Finished my first tourney. Since I'm extremely new to the game, my goal in this scramble was to have one shot count. Ended up having 4, so I was happy. Beautiful weather today.

This is the 9th hole at Gentle Creek, here in Prosper. It was our last hole, thus the setting sun.

Gentle%20Creek_zpsd4uy88xr.jpg

Here's our foursome. I'm on the far right.

Golf%20group_zpskorsygap.jpg

Finished my first tourney. Since I'm extremely new to the game, my goal in this scramble was to have one shot count. Ended up having 4, so I was happy. Beautiful weather today.

This is the 9th hole at Gentle Creek, here in Prosper. It was our last hole, thus the setting sun.

Gentle%20Creek_zpsd4uy88xr.jpg

Here's our foursome. I'm on the far right.

Golf%20group_zpskorsygap.jpg
Hope it was as fun as you were hoping. Congrats on getting some nice shots in.

I think JB is just planning to come to a Cowboy playoff game or watch them play in the Super Bowl at a watch party at Jerry World. :curl-lip:

This must be in 2017 then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. BigTex
2. #Cookie
3. ?
4. ?

Who else is joining us? Rain is the scoop for Saturday so get your Sunday golf in!

Who else is joining us? Rain is the scoop for Saturday so get your Sunday golf in!
I may be available. Found out yesterday that the family need has been pushed back a week or two. Thinking I can now get out there Sunday. Will verify tonight.

Here are the remaining Meadowbrook MGA events for 2015 for anyone interested. I plan to play in the last 3 of the year starting on 11/14.

10-24 – Year End 2- Person Scramble 8:00 Shotgun Start - $20.00 a player covers Green Fee, Cart, Prizes and Lunch .You can pay using cash or credit card

11-07- Individual Medal – Skin Game – No Interclub with PV- The event will be on Sat at Meadowbrook- not Sun

11-14 – Individual Medal- 1 Mulligan per hole- Player can choose what shot per hole they want to use a Mulligan

12- 5 Cowboy Santa 9:00 Shotgun start- Bring your own team- 1 player must be a MGA Member –First 25 teams only

12-19- 2- Person 3- Club Scramble- Player’s cannot share clubs-

I can say now, its not something with Nike. They got a really cool idea thrown their way, for THPers, but are going to focus solely on the professional athlete. I know that is shocking to many. They will be in Club Clash however. Which is going to be epic.

Well you didn't eliminate Hogan from the possibility.

latest

Here are the remaining Meadowbrook MGA events for 2015 for anyone interested. I plan to play in the last 3 of the year starting on 11/14.

10-24 – Year End 2- Person Scramble 8:00 Shotgun Start - $20.00 a player covers Green Fee, Cart, Prizes and Lunch .You can pay using cash or credit card

11-07- Individual Medal – Skin Game – No Interclub with PV- The event will be on Sat at Meadowbrook- not Sun

11-14 – Individual Medal- 1 Mulligan per hole- Player can choose what shot per hole they want to use a Mulligan

12- 5 Cowboy Santa 9:00 Shotgun start- Bring your own team- 1 player must be a MGA Member –First 25 teams only

that event sound really interesting.
i could see 4 clubs (3w, 6i, wedge, putter) but only 3 wow

that event sound really interesting.
i could see 4 clubs (3w, 6i, wedge, putter) but only 3 wow

For sure......quick thoughts has me at 3h, 8i, and putter.

These two look like crazy fun.

The three-club I'd probably go hybrid, 7i, wedge. Putt with the hybrid.

Or maybe go for the full Tin Cup bonus and just play with a 7i. :)

If only I lived out in Ft Worth. Are there any other MGA's in the Dallas Area. I saw Grapevine which isnt too bad of a drive for me

1. BigTex
2. #Cookie
3. afwcardinal
4. ?

Just thought I would update this list myself. Getting close to when I find out what my future holds. Getting a little nervous about what is coming, so I think that a round of golf is warranted here at this time. Hope I haven't caused an issue with inserting myself into the lineup Cookie. If so, I can pull my name.
And I just ran out of whiskey. Not a happy camper right now.

Love it Eddie and agree with you buddy.

Carpe Diem!

I'll bring liquor.

I think you will be having a good time yourself. I will most definitely be trying to follow along. I expect lots of posts and pics.
You boys have fun! Grapevine is not safe come 7pm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back