Have you used a passport to golf?

brianmk24

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
No, it doesn't count as one of your 14 clubs, but have you traveled overseas in order to play golf? Honeymoon, buddies trip, business trip?

I played at Niagara-on-the-Lake in Canada at a family reunion in 2012. We had a few people signed up to play, but I was the only one who showed up with clubs so I went out anyway. It was a fun 9-hole course with Rusty, Al, and Roy who didn't mind this American playing some mediocre golf.

I do a couple times a year, thanks THP!

I played a couple 9 hole rounds in Aruba at the Divi Links. Pretty cool little set up right across from the beach, but pricey. I was happy to hit the island green on 9 both rounds.

Played a couple times up in Toronto this past summer for work. Names of the courses escape me at the moment.

Played in London last January. Didn't go specifically to golf, but got a round in.

Interestingly, not yet. That needs to change. I plan to go to Scotland in 5 years or so for my 40th birthday, but hopefully I get somewhere else before that.

I haven't. Wouldn't mind going oversees to play someday but at the moment all my golf has been in the US.

I've used mine in Mexico, Brazil and Trinidad/Tobago

Not really "overseas" other over the ocean to Maui.

I have done several golf buddy trips to Palm Springs. Plus driving to USA from Canada in Washington and Oregon (mostly with my wife) as well as some other road trips in BC where we take our clubs. Now my wife enjoys golf more, we plan location and how much time away allowing for golf. We've been vacationing in Maui most of the past few years and golf is a big part of our planning and it means we stay longer for golf and "other" days.

We'll do a few rounds in Palm Springs this February, but I just changed my flight to leave six days earlier to get some more rounds in with my buddy who winters there (and who kindly will put me up till my wife arrives). It only cost me nine dollars to change my plane ticket and I don't even need to change my car rental dates. A no-brainer and I'm very excited for as this has been an abnormally bad Fall and winter for weather here. Haven't even been able to do the covered driving range for weeks.

I have not.

I've played a couple of times in Mexico. Once for my honeymoon and once for my brother's wedding at the same resort!

Numerous times golfing in BC with THPers.

Once playing in England during a work trip.

yes, Dubai

Not yet. but I'd love to

Last time was Royal St Kitts on Nevis.

Ditto on the above for me. Royal St. Kitts.

I've never taken a golf specific trip overseas, but have played in Scotland, New Zealand, and the Dominican Republic.

I've played in Mexico a couple of times, took my clubs with just to be able to game them.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Played in mexico couple times and playing in jamaica this feb.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Not yet but that changes August 2017.

I have played in Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Antigua and Barbados.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I've played in France, at the Disney Resort and will be playing in Spain in Spring 2017

I get to China and Southeast Asia 4-6 times per year, I bring my clubs on a couple each year. Golfing in China is a joke, especially on a weekend. Hundreds of men dressed in black pants and red Nike shirts, and if you are lucky it will only take 5 1/2 hours for the round. The 10th hole at any course in China is always a cluster because they guys think they can take an hour or so for lunch and get back out. It's not unusual to wait 30 minutes to tee off on 10. Malaysia is a lot of fun especially at night when they the courses lighted.

Back