Last Hole of 2016

Played 9 today. 9th hole, short par 5, missed 6ft eagle putt for tap in birdie.

11/29/2016 #18 at Diamond Hawk Golf club.
Long par 4 (430), good drive and 6 iron to 15' missed the birdie putt, settled for par which is good for me on that hole. Took a last hole of the year selfie :)

6b8ff8809abe8ea9f925f8c768cd8844.jpg

Short par 5, pulled my drive into waste area. Hit a very good Heavenwood. Not sure how much I had left but it was less than I thought as I overshot my 54. Chipped on and missed a 5 footer. Bogey on an easy hole

I'll let you know tomorrow evening, it will be No 18 at Duke.

Par 4, pushed my drive a little left and had 217 into the green. Ball was in the rough and the green is guarded by water on the front and around the right to the back.

I pulled my GBB Heavenwood and hit one of the best shots I've hit in a while. A nice high ball that landed middle of the green and the ball stopped about 3 ft from the pitch mark. Just missed birdie and made par.

This hole summed up my year. I felt like I was always scrambling. Tee shot would be good and I'd hit a poor second, Bad tee shot and I'm hitting great recovery shots, approach shots not online and my wedges/putter are bailing me out.

I will let you know tomorrow afternoon as I have not played my last hole of 2016 yet.

14th hole in quarter final round of club championship I am 4 down with 5 to play. I hit my tee shot left of left about 9 miles out of bounds. Turned to my opponent and said that's a wrap. That was the first week of Sept and I haven't touched a club since. Not exactly the best way to end the year.

Hole 18 at Duke 437 yard Par 4
Hit my drive 309 into the first cut on the left had about 130 into a back left pin. Soft wedge on the green about 20 ft short of pin and then two putted for par.

Pretty solid last hole and had a solid one on 17 as well so good close to the year.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Made par on the par 5 480 yard 18th. Hit a good drive and good Mini to about pin high right of the green. Then hit a very mediocre pitch shot followed by a 2 putt.

Tue 12/27 Bill & Payne Stewart. Waited around clubhouse until about 930 and finally decided no one else wanted to take on the cold so walked as a solo. 18 only took 2:10. Par 5 on #18 . Toe y shortish drive down left side of fairway left me about 235 out but line to green blocked by trees and would have to carry OB. Laid up to bend in dogleg with about 90 in to uphill green pin near front. Nice GW pin high but too much spin and came back about 6 feet off green. Chutt to a foot. Par 5.

Last Hole of 2016

448 yard Par 4 #18 at Willow Creek. Dogleg left. Playing into a strong wind. Hit a solid tee shot, drawing it around the corner. Pin was in the back. 184 yards. I hit a solid 6 iron.....that came up 10 yards short. Apparently it was a 2.5 club wind, not a 1/2 club. Chipped to pin high about 12 feet away and lipped out my par putt. Finished the year with a bogey :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Par 4 on the New Course. Split the fairway, wedged it to 3' and made the birdie. Great final round of 2016!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trump Doral silver fox course #18 par 4 350ish. It was getting dark so I didn't see my 3 hybrid drive and found it on the fairway. Then I hit an 8i from about 150 yds, didn't see that either and found it on the green lol. Two putts for par. Good way to end the year!!

Hole 18 at Duke golf course, driver down the right side and a 5 iron that landed close to the flag, hit the pin and bounced out of the hole according to a witness up by the green, best Iron I hit all day. I missed the 3 footer for bird but had a nice par.

Great way to finish the year.

Nothing like a 3 putt to end the year.
50df9310229ec3fcf63589ad8eba6ab8.png

Par 4 - 3W off the tee, 5i right of the green, chip to 7 ft, roll in the putt.

#18 on my home course. Drive landed in some bushes, punched out, hybrid into the pond, dropped, next shot on the green and 2 putted for a 7.

#18 at my home course Royal St Patrick's. Birdie to lead to a back nine 35 to end the year in style.

dbffda6467f8af2fae37ac730d2381c1.png

Par 4, 320 yds as the crow flies, played more like 350 playing it safe.
1) Hit a 6i draw instead of my normal fade that rolled through the fairway
2) Sliced a 4i 20 yds right leaving 38 yds to the flag
3) Hit a beauty of a partial wedge that didn't bite and bounded to the rough behind the 3 tiered green
4) Chipped to 10 feet
5) Sank the downhill right to left breaking putt to save bogey
Ended with a +3 over 9 holes. Probably the best I've ever scored while feeling like I was shooting in the 50's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today, played my home course for a few holes and the Par 5 was it

Hole #18 at Montaup Golf Club in Tiverton,RI

1st - Driver - Topped it left into bush, over fence, and across the street
3rd - Driver - Topped it left into even closer bush, stayed on correct side of fence
4th - 3w - 210y out of the rough into the fairway
5th- 9I - Beautiful shot, great trajectory...30 yards short
6th - 58 degree - chip on to green. Rock hard and rolls off the back
7th - Putter from off the green. Left and long of the hole
8th - Putter - Mercifully put this round out of it's misery

My final on course hole of 2016 was #18 on the Clive course at The Hideaway. It is a hole I will never forget. Crushed a drive. Stuck the most knee knocking 9i I have ever hit, uphill to a mid front pin that couldn't go left, right, or short. Two putt for par and to win the hole.

I guess it also won #TheGrandaddy.

Mine was an easy 170 yard par 3 played at East Potomac golf course in DC on 12/30/16. It was a very cold day, 31* but a good day at golf. I hit 5 of 9 greens and the last hole was one of them.

played Wildwood Golf Course, just 9, before heading out to play guitar with Dad. Had to wait for a group to clear the green which I felt silly about...it is a par 4 where you tee off a cliff then the green is elevated with sand guarding front left and right.

Like the idiot I am, I blasted my driver and it hit sand trap right front of the green. 1' more and I would have been over back of the green. Then I hit a better than my ability level sand wedge to about 3' and putted in for the birdie.

Nobody needs to ask how I did on 1,2,4, or 5 because that WASN'T the question...

Made a birdie on New Years Eve at Bonita National Golf Club outside of Bonita Springs, Florida. It was a 430 yard par 4 playing downwind and I hit my Callawy 2Deep off the tee and had a PW approach to 8 feet. This is hard to believe, but on December 31st, 2015, I eagled the same hole from 122 yards.

Back