Last Hole of 2016

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
We have a first hole of the new year thread every year so why not have a last hole one. What was your last hole of 2016 and how did you do?

Mine was a par 5 at Riverfront Golf Club and it is short at only 500 yards. Made it to the back of the green in 2 for roughly a 50 foot down hill eagle putt with double breaks. I 3 putted for par.

Lets hear how your last hole of the year went.

18th on the River course at Blackwolf Run... Beautiful drive off the tee, decent second shot, shank to the right, chip onto the green and two putt... Pretty much summed up my day and year.

Birdied #18 at Dallas National GC several weeks ago. I'm on hiatus until 2/1/17, made a conscious decision to put the clubs down for 2 months.

hmm...I think it was #9 at Sweetbriar. A short par 4 with a sharp right turn right at the end of the fairway. Not a difficult hole, but got a par because I left the birdie putt just outside.

Shot #1 - Tee shot just to the right in trees.
Shot #2 - Knocked it out under a tree onto the green.
Shot #3 - Rolled the birdie just outside the cup
Shot #4 - Fairly routine tap in par.

If I don't go out tomorrow, it was #2 at Colts Neck (280 yd par 4 with temporary tees and greens). I hit the fairway and had a soggy 67yds left. I hit my 56* perfectly and heard ball contact before the splat of the grass. The ball went right over the flagstick, but 5 yards too far and just off the temporary green, but still on the fairway. I used the putter for my third shot and then again for a tap-in par to end a really good and fun round with a random couple.

#18 at Black Horse is a 586 yard par 5. It went like this.

- Smashed drive to 300ish out.
- Chunked Heavenwood to 102ish.
- Skulled pitch to the fringe behind the green.
- Weak chip on for a 'fun' putt over a ridge.
- Weak put to the top of the ridge.
- 'Anti double' left to right 10 footer for bogey.

Happy New Year!

It was played 2 days ago. Very easy finishing hole. Drive was in the middle of the fairway. Had a wedge in and I leave it in the front bunker and make bogey. Not the way I wanted to finish 2016 but I was golfing in December after Christmas in New England
f253c6ece8b71d471d1e8c6287a648d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hole 18 on the Clive at the Hideaway. I hammered a drive, and then totally stopped caring haha. Made a bogey and I couldn't care less!

That hole is incredible.

Par 4 18th at Trophy Club on December 3rd. Finished with a Par which was a nice way to end the season.

Par 4 18th at Morgan Hill Golf Club in Easton, PA with THPers. Made bogey, which wasn't too bad...especially considering the rest of the round was rubbish score-wise haha.

Par 4 Number 18 at Hidden Valley in Gaston, SC. Finished with par. Driver down the middle, 188 yard 3 hybrid on green and 2 puts on December 26th.

yesterday, number 18 at the country club of orlando. strong wind out of the right, with a large grouping of trees that make it impossible to hit a draw off the tee, and a bunker complex and group of trees on the left side of the hole right where my tee shot would carry. so of course i hooked the crap out of the drive and into the bunker. had 118 and tried to hit a smooth strong gw but caught it then and flew into the bushes 30 yards past the green. made double. stupid 2016.

My last hole was hole 7 at Thunderhawk for #THPAmbition. Just never made it out after that this year been extremely hectic.

Par on the 415 yard par 4 ninth at my home course. Cedar Point GC.

Drove it into the right rough about 265. Tried to play a big fade around a tree, but hit it dead straight to the greenside rough left of the green. Got up and down with a tap in par.

My last proper hole was nearly two weeks ago, par 3 18th, lovely 8 iron into the heart of the green, two-putt par. Quite happy for that to be my last one of the year, now that I think about it.

This past Tuesday at Heather Hill CC; 415 yard par 4. Put a nice swing on my drive just down the right side of the fairway, leaving ~150 in. I hit a 7 iron that rolled just off the back of the green. First putt from the fringe I left way too short, next one ran just by and tapped in for bogey.

Number 18 at the New Course at Grand Cypress in Orlando.

#1 Drive went just right side of fairway about 255ish.

#2 95ish yards out and left it short and it rolled down to the bottom of the green

#3 left my putt woefully short

#4 made a 15 footer for par

That putt helped me break 90 to end the year which I hope means good things for 2017

My last hole will be played tomorrow at Grand Cypress The New Course.

If all goes according to plan, last hole will be tomorrow at the Wilmington Municipal Course.

#16 at The Hideaway on the Clive Course. Made par to win my singles match and get a point for Team Unity. A memory that will last a lifetime.

Bogey on par 4 18th. Not super long hole, but topped my drive, punted my 3 wood close to the green, chipped on and 2 putted...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Made a par on a short 300 par 4 #18. Teed off with a 5i and hit a wedge to 20' for the two putt.
I'm not even sure what the course was called.

#16 at The Hideaway on the Clive Course. Made par to win my singles match and get a point for Team Unity. A memory that will last a lifetime.

Okay that might be the best way to end a season!

Chambers Bay's long par 5. Driver down the middle, FW just past the fairway bunker of death, wedge and 2 putt par.

Back