How will you get better in 2017?

MWard

I’ll ban you and laugh about it
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
2017 starts in two days. It's time to kiss 2016's golf season goodbye and start focusing on 2017. How are you going to make your golf in 2017 better than it was in 2016?

For me, it's going to be fitness oriented. I'm not gonna be able to get in a lot of rounds once the baby comes near April, so I'm going to use the at home time to get stronger, increase flexibility, as well as just work on a lot of mirror drills so when I eventually do have a green light to go play, I won't have as much rust creep in. I might even pick up a yard or two, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to come back to!

What about you?

I'm going to focus on short game.

Working on the things I posted in the "What's Holding You Back Thread" - time, continued practice/rounds, experience.

I'm going to focus on playing more and trying to play with more thpers.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Short game and putting work. Those two hold me back early in the season and always take a while to come back.

Going to continue on improving my overall fitness and trying to stay a so healthy and injury free and getting stronger as long as possible. I'm going to get back to more mental game focus and work on my practicing with a purpose. I want to build up confidence in my swing again so I can play golf and not golf swing

Private lessons. My mind is open and my ego is in check. I will work on whatever my instructor thinks is prudent. I'll also be working on the personal fitness to increase strength and flexibility.

Fitness a well. When I was working out my game improved tremendously without even putting extra golf practice in. Two birds with one stone.

Fitness a well. When I was working out my game improved tremendously without even putting extra golf practice in. Two birds with one stone.

Kind of how I feel. If I work out, usually my balance and core strength gets better. If those two improve, I can go at it harder without losing my balance as much, so it turns into a win win all around.

I am going to take the advice I was given down in Georgia and apply it. In the rounds I have played since, I have been working on it and have seen an improvement. The ball is a lot nicer when you do things correctly.

Like a lot of others have said, work on short game (which includes putting). That will knock the most amount of strokes off my game.

I'm going to get back to practicing this year, I'm also going to lose some weight this year because I can't stand carrying all this extra weight around anymore.

My season will be lucky to start by late March, but this year I'm going to do some lessons on my driver. 5-6 cap, but my driver is just terrible 9/10 rounds. When it's on, I threaten par. Had one lesson in my life and nearly eliminated 3 putts. Hope I get any improvement.

Just need to play more and work less.

I am going to take the advice I was given down in Georgia and apply it. In the rounds I have played since, I have been working on it and have seen an improvement. The ball is a lot nicer when you do things correctly.

Glad those Freddie tips are workin out for you man

Just by simply playing more. Getting out there is the number one thing in my opinion. Also, since I am done with my MBA and seem to have time again, I plan to concentrate more on the fitness side and try to become more flexible and build strength for my swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 starts in two days. It's time to kiss 2016's golf season goodbye and start focusing on 2017. How are you going to make your golf in 2017 better than it was in 2016?

For me, it's going to be fitness oriented. I'm not gonna be able to get in a lot of rounds once the baby comes near April, so I'm going to use the at home time to get stronger, increase flexibility, as well as just work on a lot of mirror drills so when I eventually do have a green light to go play, I won't have as much rust creep in. I might even pick up a yard or two, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to come back to!

What about you?
I'll be on the course as much as possible. Losing a bunch of weight really messes with ur game. I can speak from experience. I lost 30 pounds last year by April and I had to learn my body all over again, if that makes sense. Now I've gained about 8-10 of it back from thanksgiving till now but going to try and lose another 15-20 this year. And I'm adding in weights this year so I'm hoping it doesn't mess with me too bad. Hoping, if anything it adds strength and distance.
Robert

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Glad those Freddie tips are workin out for you man
I just need to get the reps in. I totally understood what he said. Just going to take some time.

Losing some weight and getting golf fit

THP Represent!

Improve my consistency on the greens.

No doubt about it! I played with the assistant pro at my home course today, who only works there part time, and found out he'll be there full time next year. He helped me a lot this season and I can't wait to see where we can take my game in 2017.

Back