What about golf are you most thankful for?

FernDog

Reaction score
Handicap
For me, golf brings a chance to bond with friends and to possibly make new ones if you are paired up with someone you don't know. It's also a sport that you can never stop improving on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can always improve.

You never know who you'll meet and the friendships that can form from it.

You never know how you'll be able to help that person out.

I'm thankful just to be able to get out and play, good or bad, I enjoy being out there. But I am most thankful for THP, because I never would have gotten to be in the GD without this place right here.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

It's all about the friends i've made

It's not a game of perfect and gives me the motivation to strive to improve

It's all about the friends i've made

This is absolutely me! Add in the bond that I've built with my son and it can't get any better than that.

I am thankful that my wife plays. It may not be for everyone, but getting her into the game was a game changer for me.

This is absolutely me! Add in the bond that I've built with my son and it can't get any better than that.

Hoping to get my 10 yr old son into golf soon!!

Need 4 more responses: c'mon THP'ers!

I usually golf alone and Im an introvert, so for me, what I appreciate most about golf is time spent by myself on the course on a Sunday evening where its just me, the course and the sounds of the golf course and of nature. Golf for me is my Zen time, where I can escape the day to day stresses of life and just focus on golf and clear my mind for a couple hours.

Thankful for the friends I've made through golf and by reaching out at thp.

The sanctuary it has given me and the bond it has helped create with some lifelong friends

I have enjoyed the friends and good times that I have had on the golf course.

That it brought me here, and from there brought me most of my best friends.

The time away from the everyday hustle and bustle. Being able to enjoy it with family and friends.

This is going to get long winded and boring, so skip it if you will. I have had 3 types of jobs in my career, but this one has given me the chance to meet golfers. It has given me the chance to smile around golfers. It has given me the chance to educate golfers. Most importantly, it has given me the chance to be around golfers, and share in the joy that is presented to them.

When it started, I had 3 goals in mind, and I wont bore anybody with the finite details, but the end result is still coming and the ongoing battle is still there. The idea was simple, to go throwback and merge virtual reality (meaning the internet) with actual reality to create a place void of much of the disfunction that exists today. Its not perfect and never will be, but its unique.

How does this involve what I am thankful for? Its given a platform for a vision that I was told was nonsense because some believed. Some understood that with some hard work and time, it could be a reality. We could share the internet and the golf course together in the same harmony and do it around the shiny objects that we love and the game that creates them. That the smiles and memories that are now part of each and every passing month, are done with time, effort and integrity. Its often tested, often disputed, often lied about, but the end result is the same and that is something that nobody can remove or take away...The ends justify the means and transparency being what it is will always make it harder than any other platform, because we stay visual unlike most.

I am thankful for this. I am thankful for the opportunity. Most of all, I am thankful that I get to do it with the person I care more about than anything in the world, and share it with everybody here.

This is going to get long winded and boring, so skip it if you will. I have had 3 types of jobs in my career, but this one has given me the chance to meet golfers. It has given me the chance to smile around golfers. It has given me the chance to educate golfers. Most importantly, it has given me the chance to be around golfers, and share in the joy that is presented to them.

When it started, I had 3 goals in mind, and I wont bore anybody with the finite details, but the end result is still coming and the ongoing battle is still there. The idea was simple, to go throwback and merge virtual reality (meaning the internet) with actual reality to create a place void of much of the disfunction that exists today. Its not perfect and never will be, but its unique.

How does this involve what I am thankful for? Its given a platform for a vision that I was told was nonsense because some believed. Some understood that with some hard work and time, it could be a reality. We could share the internet and the golf course together in the same harmony and do it around the shiny objects that we love and the game that creates them. That the smiles and memories that are now part of each and every passing month, are done with time, effort and integrity. Its often tested, often disputed, often lied about, but the end result is the same and that is something that nobody can remove or take away...The ends justify the means and transparency being what it is will always make it harder than any other platform, because we stay visual unlike most.

I am thankful for this. I am thankful for the opportunity. Most of all, I am thankful that I get to do it with the person I care more about than anything in the world, and share it with everybody here.

Well said JB. To say I am thankful to have found this great forum is an understatement! I hope to be a proud member and contributor for years to come!

+1 for me also. Minus the son bonding part, but hopefully I can do that with my girls.

Thankful that I can still play the game and enjoy it as much as when I first started. The people/ friends I play with are getting better as time goes on!!

I'm thankful for all of the friends I've made while chasing a silly little white ball around. I'm thankful that it will give me a new outlet to spend time with my kids. I'm thankful that it gives me a chance to recharge from life's stress. I'm also thankful that it bright me here and has allowed me to meet people I never would have had the chance to meet otherwise.

I'm thankful for the bonds that were strengthened through it and the ones that are just getting forged.

Golf provides friendship new or old and some exercise that I need.

First and foremost I love that it lets me unwind. Just 20/30min in I feel totally at peace. After that I love the competition and camaraderie.

Thankful for the new friends I have made , the experiences I have enjoyed and being able to share this great game with my son, Six4three5!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

The friendships I've made and the knowledge I've learned.

Back