Srixon announcing new signings

This is the tweet they sent out today...I guess I'm confused on the marketing of this. I thought most of these were already current staffers?

Me too, I thought they said 5 new additions?

nick-young-celebration-o_zpsmty8cwsq.gif

Ummm this is pretty lame. Why on Earth would they try to hype it like they did?
This has all the excitement of dropping a bag of sand. THUD.

Underwhelming.

Is matsuyama still with them?

This makes no sense.

Hideki is still under contract with Srixon per J Wall

Cool little teaser for an announcement. I wonder who they picked up.

Cool little teaser for an announcement. I wonder who they picked up.

Based on their tweet today, nobody really unless Minjee Lee and JJ Spaun are a big deal.

Underwhelming.

Is matsuyama still with them?

Yes, these were only players whose contracts they were up and renewed/signed. Anyone who was currently in contract isn't listed.

This makes no sense.

I am confused as well...are these new to Srixon are McDowell and Straight Bill Hat guy (forgot his name) still with them?

Worst Golf Announcement Ever! I was expecting 7 new players signed. Boo!!!

Worst Golf Announcement Ever! I was expecting 7 new players signed. Boo!!!

I was disappointed also. Like yourself I was expecting new signed players also.

Ummm this is pretty lame. Why on Earth would they try to hype it like they did?
This has all the excitement of dropping a bag of sand. THUD.
I could not agree more.

I was underwelmed 1 player resigned. Others were average and one I never heard of.

Sent from my SM-G900W8

.... Well, that was underwhelming.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I know it's not a necessarily the most exciting group but Srixon/Cleveland needs to hype their players. If all of the companies are announcing their signings, and they do nothing how do you feel if you're one of the people representing the brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's not a necessarily the most exciting group but Srixon/Cleveland needs to hype their players. If all of the companies are announcing their signings, and they do nothing how do you feel if you're one of the people representing the brand?

Hyping your players I agree with but that teaser tweet was flat out misleading and made them look bad IMO.

This is the tweet they sent out today...I guess I'm confused on the marketing of this. I thought most of these were already current staffers?

Edit: so it was explained more on their instagram. but these are the players they have either signed or re-signed for 2017. JJ Spaun seems to be coming off Nike, and has signed with Srixon for the 2017 season. The rest seem to be players they have re-signed.

Not the needle mover I was expecting.

Saaawing and a miss!

Based on their tweet today, nobody really unless Minjee Lee and JJ Spaun are a big deal.

I'm a big HVIII fan and he isn't on the radar of many...

Was expecting a little more from the announcement but they still have an impressive group of staffers.

Back