2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used the GNC protein it was very good. But honesty I like the Costco stuff better and it's cheaper. I haven't had any problems with any clumps in a shaker cup.

When I get home I'll look at the name of it.

http://m.costco.com/Optimum-Nutriti...„¢-Protein-90-Servings.product.100138794.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That stuff you posted is great stuff, same as mine just not naturally flavored. Still great quality stuff and is the number 1 seller on multiple sites ive seen. Can't go wrong with it

finally cleared to go back to the gym! damn doctors stole all my progress I was building.

finally cleared to go back to the gym! damn doctors stole all my progress I was building.

What was wrong that kept you out of the gym?

i know i am new to this thread, but really have no desire to go through 70+ pages :D

personally, i am just starting back up again. i used to lift to get massive, now that i am in the military i need to maintain my weight better than what i am doing now haha.

what does everyone use for motivation?
especially for starting to get back into running/fitness and doing something completely different that lifting for mass?

liver enzyme test were weird, couldn't take any pain medication and after 2 knee surgerys and shattering ankles I can't really survive without some tylenol/ibprophen after workouts

i know i am new to this thread, but really have no desire to go through 70+ pages :D

personally, i am just starting back up again. i used to lift to get massive, now that i am in the military i need to maintain my weight better than what i am doing now haha.

what does everyone use for motivation?
especially for starting to get back into running/fitness and doing something completely different that lifting for mass?

Cue the eye roll, but I lift for strength. Mass is a byproduct of it, but hypertrophy is the least of my concerns.

Time to get back to my old conditioning and strength, years of focusing on my career and not taking care of myself have set me back. Now I'm just an out of shape 30 year old guy...and I know how hard it's going to be to cope with it mentally when I get back to the weights. Overall, I just need to get that fire for the gym back; I cleaned my diet up a couple weeks ago and plan to get back in the gym starting tomorrow.

BD20F44E-C389-4779-948A-A598EF53A7D8_zpsmpainyqa.jpg

A2887C1C-1861-45DC-AA0B-928AE1FF8DCD_zpstrx6zmbk.jpg

Hart - you must smell nice.

If that's you being out of shape, you're doing pretty well I'd say.

Also that's more cologne bottles on one counter than I've owned in my entire life hahahaha

Cue the eye roll, but I lift for strength. Mass is a byproduct of it, but hypertrophy is the least of my concerns.

even though i went for mass, i was still functionally strong.
i guess to clarify i never lifted to get to a competition size. but i was going for more mass and strength, in that order.

even though i went for mass, i was still functionally strong.
i guess to clarify i never lifted to get to a competition size. but i was going for more mass and strength, in that order.

Yeah, I train for strength. I do not do much, if any, isolation work. I do not curl or do calf raises. I haven't done a lateral shoulder raise in 8 years. I squat, bench press, deadlift, standing overhead press, power clean, chin ups. That's it. I try to stick to barbells and will work off of variations of those lifts. Always to a full range of motion, never partial movements.

Time to get back to my old conditioning and strength, years of focusing on my career and not taking care of myself have set me back. Now I'm just an out of shape 30 year old guy...and I know how hard it's going to be to cope with it mentally when I get back to the weights. Overall, I just need to get that fire for the gym back; I cleaned my diet up a couple weeks ago and plan to get back in the gym starting tomorrow.

BD20F44E-C389-4779-948A-A598EF53A7D8_zpsmpainyqa.jpg

A2887C1C-1861-45DC-AA0B-928AE1FF8DCD_zpstrx6zmbk.jpg
Sh!t man you really let yourself go

Sh!t man you really let yourself go

Damn, here I am happy with how I look above being in the gym for 6 months. This guy shows up with Ive really let myself go, and puts us all to shame.

He's probably the same guy that's says, he hasn't golfed in forever, then comes out throwing darts.

Damn, here I am happy with how I look above being in the gym for 6 months. This guy shows up with Ive really let myself go, and puts us all to shame.

He's probably the same guy that's says, he hasn't golfed in forever, then comes out throwing darts.

Dude comes in here looking like a hobo. (quote from The Other Guys)

I realized I never uploaded my videos from Monday.

Squats have some knee slide. I need to work on tightness at the bottom.

Deads, hook gripped 435 for a set of five. Didn't feel nice but they went smoothly. I have been neglecting my deadlift training lately and it bothers me.

Hey this is the first chance I've had to come in this thread. I just wanted to come in and clarify that I wasn't trying to say there's only one way to do things when it comes to working out or that anyone was right or wrong. I just thought I would throw in my two cents from my experience of working with athletes and non-athletes of all ages - from younger kids all the way up to senior citizens and those with previous injuries who need modifications. From my professional background, I'm trained to rehab old injuries as well prevent new ones, so I look at things a little differently than someone who is purely in the fitness aspect. Clearly you're a strong guy from the looks of your videos and your lifts look safe! I just threw my opinion in there since this is a golf forum and I have a sneaky suspicion not everyone on here has a completely healthy body lol and some of these lifts can be very intimidating - especially watching how much you can lift! Just thought another perspective might help!

Hey this is the first chance I've had to come in this thread. I just wanted to come in and clarify that I wasn't trying to say there's only one way to do things when it comes to working out or that anyone was right or wrong. I just thought I would throw in my two cents from my experience of working with athletes and non-athletes of all ages - from younger kids all the way up to senior citizens and those with previous injuries who need modifications. From my professional background, I'm trained to rehab old injuries as well prevent new ones, so I look at things a little differently than someone who is purely in the fitness aspect. Clearly you're a strong guy from the looks of your videos and your lifts look safe! I just threw my opinion in there since this is a golf forum and I have a sneaky suspicion not everyone on here has a completely healthy body lol and some of these lifts can be very intimidating - especially watching how much you can lift! Just thought another perspective might help!
Your opinion, perspective and expertise are very much appreciated in here. I love the convo. Welcome aboard!

Thank you. I wasn't offended by the exchange last night. I understand that my goals are different than many. Professionals are helpful. I have talked with many personal trainers whose heads would explode with a squat done below parallel.

Thank you. I wasn't offended by the exchange last night. I understand that my goals are different than many. Professionals are helpful. I have talked with many personal trainers whose heads would explode with a squat done below parallel.

Haha! It all depends on form and individual goals!

Your opinion, perspective and expertise are very much appreciated in here. I love the convo. Welcome aboard!

Thank you very much! It's fun to be involved in all this! I'll keep throwing my two cents in here and there :D

Gotta get those swol gainzzzz!
Bruh, gonna need benadryl you'll get so swol. Lol I actually know someone who says that

Bruh, gonna need benadryl you'll get so swol. Lol I actually know someone who says that
If you're in the gym enough, all kinds of things get said. They're wonderful.

If you're in the gym enough, all kinds of things get said. They're wonderful.
Like call the ambulance I'm getting cut hahahaha ok that's the last one I know. I may have to check the local spot for new material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back