Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Might have to do that myself. Playing another 18 today, and my goal is to shoot under my handicap. I'm going to put the added pressure of putting it in my mind that I am in Myrtle Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Amazing weather today. I'll be getting in 18 tonight.

I got in 9 yesterday afternoon, but it was super soggy & cart path only. The good thing about cart path only is that it made me really focus on placing my tee shots. Rather than play for the entire fairway, I narrowed my target to 10yds from the path.
Glad you guys are getting out to play. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll finally get some on-course prep in this weekend, pending courses being open.

The equipment choices were on my mind but the last thing on my mind for this event. The tools only work if the mechanic knows how to use them. Time to put in work and figure out the fun stuff that will help elevate our work later.

Do we? Yes.
Do you guys, not at all. :angel:
I'm disappointed...he set u up for the PERFECT definitely

I am really planning on attacking the worst parts of my game first. Pitching, chipping and putting all need to improve dramatically. While I seem to have made some strides, I am still flushing way too many strokes down the toilet around the greens. This afternoon was a combo of drills focusing on building confidence on short putts, and converting more mid range putts. Tomorrow I will add lag putting to the routine. I am starting at the hole and working my way back to the tee. While the rest of my game has fallen completely in the dumper lately, I know I can get the driver and irons back. I want the building block of my game for #THPLegacy to be complete confidence around the greens. If you know you can get up and down from anywhere, it's a lot easier to deal with everything else.

Today I did a pretty intense workout after work which was easily the toughest one I've done in recent memory. I want to make better fitness a part of my Legacy so I was out there like an idiot in the rain. Off to the range after our call tonight to work on my driver swing mainly, but also to continue keeping my wedge game sharp.

I've called almost every store within a couple hours of me and am not having much luck finding Wilson Staff gear...only the D200 irons so far. It looks like there may be a Wilson Staff fitting center in Seattle which I may have to try get to once we discover how the equipment will shake down.

Today I did a pretty intense workout after work which was easily the toughest one I've done in recent memory. I want to make better fitness a part of my Legacy so I was out there like an idiot in the rain. Off to the range after our call tonight to work on my driver swing mainly, but also to continue keeping my wedge game sharp.

I've called almost every store within a couple hours of me and am not having much luck finding Wilson Staff gear...only the D200 irons so far. It looks like there may be a Wilson Staff fitting center in Seattle which I may have to try get to once we discover how the equipment will shake down.

I got lucky, Golf Etc. in Lakeland has Bridgestone gear which is only like 20 mins from me. I called like 5 other shops with no luck. My only other option was to go to the PGA Superstore in Orlando.

Just finished up a call with my team. What a great group of guys (including the 1 that was late).

Very honored to have these guys on my squad, expectations have been laid down and now its time to get to work.

Going to be a fun 5 months!

Just finished up a call with my team. What a great group of guys (including the 1 that was late).

Very honored to have these guys on my squad, expectations have been laid down and now its time to get to work.

Going to be a fun 5 months!

Yeah my bad on that lol.

H
Yeah my bad on that lol.
I can already tell that you think you're something special! Waiting on us to call you? Hahahaha I'm just playing buddy! That's something I would normally do LOL! I tend to miss the minor details on occasion hahaha! Glad you made it in....

So I've started telling a few of my friends about the THPLegacy & I usually get one of two reactions.

Golfers: "Dude that is so cool. How did you get into that?" Inevitably that leads into discussions about THP & hopefully some of them will join the site.

Non-Golfers: "Your going to go all the way to the east coast to play golf & hang out with people you just know from the internet for 5 days? That's weird." They just don't get it.

Woke up this morning and see this posted by Caledonia Golf Club

1216ae095b56d0e9f8b5870896bcbe84.jpg

Hello #18

So I've started telling a few of my friends about the THPLegacy & I usually get one of two reactions.

Golfers: "Dude that is so cool. How did you get into that?" Inevitably that leads into discussions about THP & hopefully some of them will join the site.

Non-Golfers: "Your going to go all the way to the east coast to play golf & hang out with people you just know from the internet for 5 days? That's weird." They just don't get it.

You know the funny thing is I have been getting the same reaction when I tell people about this. The golfers on my end get super jealous but that quickly turns too, so what are you gonna do with your old stuff? Basically wanting me to either give it to them or sell it really cheap. Even my brother who plays maybe once a year, has been asking me what I'm going to do with my old gear in hopes he gets a brother discount.

Went to the range yesterday and was hitting my irons about as well as I ever have...pulled out the driver, and honestly couldn't do anything with it. I mean literally hitting mostly dying quails 150 yards, a few line drives, but still nothing that carried more that 170. Meanwhile I was carrying my 4i 185-190 yards with good trajectory with consistency. I took breaks, tried going back to basics, etc...nada. I'm going to schedule a lesson for tomorrow, try to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Frustrating as hell, I was just hitting it great the other day. This will not do in 5 months.

I hit the practice holes at a local course. It's just three holes, a par 5, 3, and 4. But it's more interesting than the practice range. I went after work and there was nobody on them, so I played a couple balls per hole and gave myself some challenges (like hitting out of a bunker). I'll definitely be going back.

It's kind of cool, the course closest to my house has the best practice facility. Nice lighted grass driving range with a fairway bunker you can hit out of, a two-tier putting green, a pitching green with a greenside bunker, and a 3 hole practice course that you can go around twice for $10.

Best of all, with all the rain we've had lately the bunkers are basically how I've heard the True Blue waste bunkers described--hard packed sand you could drive a cart on. I know where I'm spending my weekend. :D

a36783f4d7f6711220775bdc003db7ad.jpg

Taken at the range today.

Today was a gym day. tomorrow some light range, and Saturday my first competitive match of the year. Looks like it will be raining, so should get a good test of where i'm at and how far i need to go.

Good to see everyone putting in prep time after team announcements. I did another couple hours at the dome, mostly decent. Felt a little bit like a grind, today, but that happens. Gotta keep pushing.

Had back to back days in the gym, trying to see if I can get out and play another 18 today. If not I will get to work on some chipping and putting.

Keep plugging-away, CJ!

Had a lesson last night, and switching my lesson schedule to Sunday mornings so I'll have another Sunday. The basics are starting to come together--I'm getting to the point where I can take my backswing practice and flow it into my punch shot practice to put together a good swing motion. Drilled some more last night before going to bed, the big thing I need to do right now is groove my new swing motion. Going to try to get in a round tomorrow morning.

I know it is early in the process but I just want to take a post and thank everyone that is making this event possible. The great staff at THP, Bridgestone Golf, Lamkin, KBS and Wilson. Also can't wait to see what appears to be an amazing venue. This is sure to be a heck of a ride. In a few months 16 new Legacy's will have been forged and added to the already great Legacy of THP.

Also the thing that makes the event even more special is to be able to share it with the community. None of this is possible without all the great members we have here.Thank you to everyone that is following along and driving all of us to create our Legacy.

Back