Insta Golf Shaftlign Putter Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Insta Golf LLC, an award-winning company specializing in bringing innovative products to the golf industry, plans to introduce the new Shaftlign Putter at the 2017 PGA Show in Orlando. The Shaftlign Putter's simple, but highly effective design provides golfers with the most dynamic visual putting alignment possible by incorporating the putter shaft prominently into the alignment equation.

According to the developer of the Shaftlign Putter, Clay Judice, "The name infers the difference. The visual of the white shaft extending through the white bar on the putter head in a straight line guarantees the face is aligned with the shaft. Placing the shaft and putter head together as one alignment visual is what makes it unique and very effective."

President of Insta Golf LLC, Rick Hetzel, describes the new Shaftlign Putters as "the type of golf equipment that combines simplicity with great on course performance. These same characteristics are found in our award winning Insta Golf Shoes and Spider Divot Tools."

The Shaftlign Putter has created a significant level of interest from amateur golfers, and a positive response from golf professionals. As described by Golf Magazine's Gary Van Sickle, "It is one of those ideas that is so obvious -- there's that word again -- you wonder why it hasn't been done before or done this well."

"It is simply the easiest thing that I have seen to help people line up since the old Acushnet Bullseye putter, but this is far better! Jeff Smith, PGA - Golf Digest's Top Teachers for Indiana 2015-2016

2156869-L.jpg

Looks interesting although I'm not sure I understand why it is so easy to use??

Neat concept but would have to see more before I was sold on it.

That is a lot of white. Meh... I will keep my SeeMore.

• Admin
Ill be honest here, I dont get it either. Because no matter which way you have the face angle, the shaft and white top line, still are aligned.

I'm not sure I get how this works or why it's so easy but maybe I'll get to try it one day.

Ill be honest here, I dont get it either. Because no matter which way you have the face angle, the shaft and white top line, still are aligned.

If the face is open or closed it won't be a straight line; it will be an angle. Seems to also want vertical shaft alignment and no forward press similar to the Seemore putters.

Would probably be more apparent if there were pictures of the putter when out of alignment

have you seen it in person? because that was my first thought too. rst has visual cues to let you know when you're not properly aligned. without other contrasting colors on the shaftlign putter to let you know when you aren't square, i don't see how the product will be effective.

rst has visual cues to let you know when you're not properly aligned. .

I think you are thinking about body/eye alignment. I personally believe this putter assumes you can get your body and putter in the right position and the putter focuses on open and closed club face.

have you seen it in person? because that was my first thought too. rst has visual cues to let you know when you're not properly aligned. without other contrasting colors on the shaftlign putter to let you know when you aren't square, i don't see how the product will be effective.

Yes, and it did very little. Open the shaft and face were still in line. Closed, they were still in line. Too my eyes anyway.

Interesting. They offer one photo to reference the product, and all I see is a SeeMore M1. Looking forward to more validation, although I am not surprised companies are doing similar things. It's a great technology.

The Shaftlign Putter has created a significant level of interest from amateur golfers, and a positive response from golf professionals. As described by Golf Magazine's Gary Van Sickle, "It is one of those ideas that is so obvious -- there's that word again -- you wonder why it hasn't been done before or done this well."

There is an entire brand built on this idea?

"It is simply the easiest thing that I have seen to help people line up since the old Acushnet Bullseye putter, but this is far better! Jeff Smith, PGA - Golf Digest's Top Teachers for Indiana 2015-2016

RST?

Yes, and it did very little. Open the shaft and face were still in line. Closed, they were still in line. Too my eyes anyway.

Maybe it just doesn't work as advertised. Or you need to have the eyes of a 20 yo to see the difference

Here is a video from their website, which shows more of the putter. I might be more fascinated by the way he grips the putter than anything else.

The only way the shaft and the putter head white line would not line up, is if you are completely gripping the club crooked.

Basically, to make it not line up, you have to hold the putter sideways?

Interesting concept. I don't see how the white extending the top of the head makes it easier to use? I want to think its supposed to be similiar to the RST found on a SeeMore, but I don't see it working.

kind of my thoughts too.

Here is a video from their website, which shows more of the putter. ]

Pretty useless to show how the new alignment fixes a problem. I would still like to see how it looks if I am incorrectly setup with this putter

Here is a video from their website, which shows more of the putter. I might be more fascinated by the way he grips the putter than anything else.

His grip was the first thing I noticed as well!

It's an interesting concept, just don't see how I'd get value out of it. But I'll be curious to hear/see more.

I understand the concept, I'm more of a forward press putter person, but I'd give this a shot. The logic is there.

Nah, pass. This looks like a quick way to try and make some money to me.

Not really seeing it, even after watching the video. Not sure how to tell when your set up incorrectly.

Back