Brilliant Way to Select Teebox

I think it's one thing to claim you hit it 250 when you really hit it 220, and another entirely to be out there with your group hitting it 220 claiming you're hitting it 250. Take away the actual yardage and just stick with the color of the flag, and suddenly the ego is gone.

I know people would still play wherever the hell they wanted to, but I do think this would be a great tool to validate for those who are honest and reasonable.

I was at a THP Event last year and there was a hole that is 311 yards. Now it was set up to play 261 and it was downwind. People were still saying they drove it 300 yards.
I sometimes think its less about the mind and more about just not understanding completely, but I am sure its a bit of both.

I was at a THP Event last year and there was a hole that is 311 yards. Now it was set up to play 261 and it was downwind. People were still saying they drove it 300 yards.
I sometimes think its less about the mind and more about just not understanding completely, but I am sure its a bit of both.

Whatever, i hit a 311 yard 5 wood and you cannot tell me different

I think that is brilliant, the only issue I would see is if the range uses limited flight balls or something to that affect.

I can see that for sure, which is why I think it's great to have a setup like this where actual distance numbers aren't referenced. Unless you take your laser and hit the flags, there's nothing to validate distance or even be concerned with it.

#internetgolfers. I like the idea and think it really can work. I don't trust the GPS as much, much prefer good old math. How far left minus how long the hole is = how far I hit it hehehe.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I'm all for it!

By the way, the girl closest to the sign has a follow through to die for! Wish I could still strike that pose without falling over..haha

great idea but it would not work for me....I hit my drives almost 300 yards....as long as 250 yards is almost 300!!!!!!!! lol

It is not a bad way to determine which tees to use but I am going to differ with most posts in this thread in that I don't think driving distance alone should determine or restrict which tee one plays from. Granted, there are a lot of golfers who have no business playing from the tees they do and should move up based on driver distance but there are just as many who can bomb it off the tee to justify playing longer tees but can't keep the ball on the course and would be better served moving up.

I used to play with a group of younger guys, younger than me by 10 years or so, who could absolutely kill the ball off the tee and enjoyed playing from a set of tees that played over 6800 yards. I've never been a long driver of the ball, my good drives typically 230, typical drive somewhat less, so based on using driver distance I should not have probably played from those tees with them. Yet I was the low handicap of the group because there were/are other parts of my game that can make up for driver distance.

That might be one of the smartest thing's I've seen in golf recently. It can help set people up to enjoy golf a little more, speed it up and gives incentive to get better so you can move back.

Definitely better than how people pick them currently.

Great for kids but would never work for adults. People want to play were they want. Telling them they can't won't fly.

What if your short off the tee but long with your irons or really efficient with your hybrids and woods.

This is a great idea!
Ego's would get in the way though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this idea a lot for the kids and adults. Just wish the human factor wouldn't get in the way of playing the appropriate tee.

I love this idea all the way around. Found these from a thread a few months back. I truly hope this system takes off

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?88456-The-Longleaf-Tee-System-on-Golf-Channel

https://www.longleafteesystem.com/#our-purpose

I like this but people need to know what they actually hit the ball off the tee.

The list/distance is posted works for me as I like to play between the red and purple anything longer stresses my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit off from the OP, my buddy and I will play a round where we bring four poker chips of different colors. Each color represents a different tee box. We draw each hole then play from that box for that hole. Just changes things up on courses that we play a lot. Not something we do a lot, but kind of fun.

Great idea, I fear it would never be adopted by those stubborn grownups though.

~Rock

I think it's perfectly suitable for all golfers. There are some who might have better iron/wedge/putter game than their driving game, who might not fit into this, but there will always be an outlier. The problem has been, and always will be, a golfer's ego. For many (and, yes, I'm probably somewhere in here, too), it's just too much of a hit to the ego to really move up, no matter the evidence.

That is a fantastic idea, it's visual and most people can grasp the concept.

Great share from the OP. The yardage for my drive corresponds very correctly to where I should be playing....

You'll always have egos and guys who "want to get my money's worth, so let's play from the tips..."

Back