Which accessory can't you live without?

My laser

Gps or range finder gotta have one of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can live without most of the stuff...but my Bettinardi divot tool is a must. I lost it for 6 months once and was devastated.

GPS, bug spray, the divot tool with ball marker I have had for over 10 years.

Does beer count as an accessory?

my divot tool. I may not use it every hole but I need the weight of it in my pocket.

For me its gloves then probably my laser. Never cared too much before i owned one but now i feel lost without it lol

Gloves and coaches tape. The rest I can wing it or beg someone for it.

Band aids, Tylenol, Benadryl, eye drops.

A couple of extra pencils.

Cigar cutter, extra glove, and an extra towel for when it's very wet.

I'm the only "serious" cigar smoker in my group, but most will enjoy a cigar or two on the course. So I always bring a herfador full of cigars, a couple cutters, and a couple lighters.

I can't live without a ball marker and my watch (gps).

Sun sleeves.
Koozie.
Phone (w GPS app).

Sun screen, rubber tees for mat ranges, Advil, divot tool.

Pivot tool, ball marker, tobacco.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Really just a couple of extra gloves and an extra towel because it gets damn hot in south GA in the summer.

Cigar lighter - I can always use a tee to "punch" a cigar in a pinch but lighting it is a different story.

If you figure out how to light it with a tee definitely keep me in the loop!

Thinking about this, I could get away without pretty much any accessory in my bag. I can get distances on my phone so I could go without the range finder, I could use a tee to fix ball marks. I play without wearing a glove at times, I can grab a quarter or a dime for a ball marker, rarely need aspirin or band aids... don't always smoke a stogey so don't NEED the punch or the lighter. Don't always use my scorecard/yardage book holder or a scorecard for that matter so don't even NEED the pencil.

Wow, for not needing any of it I keep a whole bunch of crap in my bag!

If you figure out how to light it with a tee definitely keep me in !

I think I learned how to as a boyscout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garmin GPS watch. I am lost without it.

Bug spray. If I don't have it I turn into a giant welt from 10,000 mosquito bites

Changeable lens sunglasses. I have a hard enough time seeing the ball with them. Without them it's braille golf for me.

I see lots of tech stuff on this list, which is all really incredible to someone who has been away from the game for 15 years. So, a few questions for you guys: I see a lot of forumers rack up 100+ rounds per year. 1. Don't you at some point develop an innate sense for distances without having to shoot the laser? 2. If you can remember back to a time without range finders, are you better off now? Do they detract from feel or sense around the course? 3. Do they slow you down at all?

I guess basically what I'm asking is, imagine you were in hibernation for 15 years (me), would you get into all this stuff waking up and coming back to the game now?

Thanks.

I don't want to hijack the thread so I'll add the essentials from last summer the few times I was out:
- balls ( not the ones I'm gaming) for the approach and putting green area
- power bar
- water
-sunscreen

I feel lost without my GolfBuddy VS4, other than that I can get by most times.

Sunscreen, GPS, divot tool and small clip on brush to clean the grooves.

I see lots of tech stuff on this list, which is all really incredible to someone who has been away from the game for 15 years. So, a few questions for you guys: I see a lot of forumers rack up 100+ rounds per year. 1. Don't you at some point develop an innate sense for distances without having to shoot the laser?

This is why I left my rangefinder off of the list. While it is nice to have I actually play many rounds without pulling it often (or at all). I'll just find the nearest yardage marker and go from there. Works well for me and I like that I dont feel reliant on it. I find it's rare where my estimation is so far off that I'm missing my estimated target by more than a few yards in any direction. And that's not the club's fault. I'd have that margin of error right now even if I used a rangefinder :) If I ever get super consistent it might actually matter more.

Back